Confederate Flag

What does Confederate Rebel Flag means to you?

• A symbol of Civil War History

Votes: 41 25.8%
  • A symbol of racist

Votes: 44 27.7%
  • A symbol of Heritage (Civil War Veteran Generation)

Votes: 60 37.7%
  • Others - please specify

Votes: 14 8.8%

• Total voters
Really? Sounds like white SC residents who opposed it (the SC government's action of hauling it down) are crying babies. Seriously they can move on but they won't because they are crying babies. Simple as that.

Anyone think that confederate flag is racist, are fabrication.

It is fact about confederate flag is part of heritage and they are usually flying on historic sites so it don't offend to anyone.

When government kill the heritage, of course, citizens come out to speak out against government and spewing the confederate flag in public area, the damage has done and we will not get over it, never... never... never...

The government shouldn't mess with heritage, period and you will see more people flying confederate flags now.

Seriously, you have odd pattern of views about white people and black people. If you don't respect our ancestry so we will not respect your ancestry.

Be fair, Paul, I noticed many Americans got offended by waving USA flags or USA Flag on someone's house, too.

USA Flags has a plenty of nasty histories, so if Confederate Flag is banned, then USA Flag should be banned too. Fair is fair.

Be fair, Paul, I noticed many Americans got offended by waving USA flags or USA Flag on someone's house, too.

USA Flags has a plenty of nasty histories, so if Confederate Flag is banned, then USA Flag should be banned too. Fair is fair.

:gpost:

What? Care to explain... What people living in America are offended by this beautiful USA flag we proudly fly up high all over the country everyday?

VtANLc6.gif

Most of the links show that they can display the USA flag at those happy endings. I can point them out if you want me to as long as you read the links completely which I did. Looks like you posted the links without reading them completely, shame on you.

VtANLc6.gif

Most of the links show that they can display the USA flag at those happy endings. I can point them out if you want me to as long as you read the links completely which I did. Looks like you posted the links without reading them completely, shame on you.

Your exact question "What people living in America are offended by this beautiful USA flag we proudly fly up high all over the country everyday? "

Yes, they did not succeed in taking it down but that is not what you asked. I did read them and they do answer the question that you posted.

Your exact question "What people living in America are offended by this beautiful USA flag we proudly fly up high all over the country everyday? "

Yes, they did not succeed in taking it down but that is not what you asked. I did read them and they do answer the question that you posted.

OK, one of your links;

http://wgntv.com/2015/08/01/veteran-told-by-apartment-complex-to-remove-american-flag/

Please re-read it.
Ludwig’s lease prohibits anything from hanging from or being affixed to the balconies.
Therefore, the apt asked him to take it out, not because it offended people, it's because it violated the apt policy. Hello? BTW, yes, the apt allows it at the happy end of the story. WHY does it allow the USA flag at his balcony? Because it doesn't offend people.

There are more links of yours which show that the USA flag doesn't offend people so show me links in which the USA flag offends people. Alright? I laughed my ass off because you posted the wrong links. You just posted those links without reading them completely. You just saw the headlines thinking that the USA flag offended people. Those links are not about people offended by the USA flag.

You don't get it. But whatever.
I get it that millions of Americans celebrate the Independence Day, Memorial Day, Veteran day and so forth with millions of the USA flags flying all over the country. You don't get it? How do it offend people? :confused: What people? PROVE IT. Anti-government people are not counted.

I get it that millions of Americans celebrate the Independence Day, Memorial Day, Veteran day and so forth with millions of the USA flags flying all over the country. You don't get it? How do it offend people? :confused: What people? PROVE IT. Anti-government people are not counted.
Wow. So, you don't think that never happened. You really missed out so many. :|

By the way, you should realize that I never said they want to take US Flag down.

Wow. So, you don't think that never happened. You really missed out so many. :|

By the way, you should realize that I never said they want to take US Flag down.

I witnessed that people found US flags are offensive due to imperialism.

Should I be offended by Iranian flag? Probably not. :eek3:

OK, one of your links;

http://wgntv.com/2015/08/01/veteran-told-by-apartment-complex-to-remove-american-flag/

Please re-read it. Therefore, the apt asked him to take it out, not because it offended people, it's because it violated the apt policy. Hello? BTW, yes, the apt allows it at the happy end of the story. WHY does it allow the USA flag at his balcony? Because it doesn't offend people.

There are more links of yours which show that the USA flag doesn't offend people so show me links in which the USA flag offends people. Alright? I laughed my ass off because you posted the wrong links. You just posted those links without reading them completely. You just saw the headlines thinking that the USA flag offended people. Those links are not about people offended by the USA flag.

And the very next sentence clearly states that he was singled out from others hanging other flags and tv dishs. In the end they let him keep it because of media pressure.

I did read the articles. No need to keep saying that I didn't.

Edit...sorry found my answer :)
He did not in fact help degin the confederate flag... rather the stainless banner... yet it does have the confederate cross on it...so ... 6 in one half dozen in the other...

Attachments

• 1440114054383.jpg
    1440114054383.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
At Virginia's Hurley High School, the Confederate battle flag is everywhere and means everything.

hurley-highs-chool.jpg

HURLEY, Va. — Chris Spencer is the only African-American student at Hurley High School, where the front doors he walks through each morning are painted with the Confederate battle flag, the first of many he’ll see on any given school day.

The helmets of his Hurley Rebels football team sport a stylized logo of the flag, flying from a saber. Equipment in the weight room is stamped with the image too. Crossed battle flags are on the wall in the school’s main office. Rebel Man, with a rebel flag, adorns center court in the gym.

But Spencer needn’t wait until he arrives at school to see such images. He carries one with him wherever he goes. The senior running back has a battle flag tattoo on the underside of his right forearm, where he cradles the ball on each carry.

“It doesn’t mean racism to me,” Spencer tells USA TODAY Sports. “I just look at it as a flag. It’s our mascot. It just means our school.”

That’s the party line in Hurley, a tiny coalmining community tucked into the southwest corner of Virginia, south of Kentucky and west of West Virginia, where longtime citizens say they just want to be left alone to rally around a symbol that’s been with them for as long as they can remember.

“It means heritage, not hate,” Hurley High principal Pam Tester says. “You won’t find a single person in Hurley who thinks different.”

And that includes Spencer, who wears his heart on his sleeve and his tattoo under it. In a community that’s overwhelmingly white, the artwork on his arm is often offered as Exhibit A for the defense.

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/at-virg...attle-flag-is-everywhere-and-means-everything

Another similar story in this article: http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/2015/08/21/confederate-flag-means-everything-hs/32102407/

At Virginia's Hurley High School, the Confederate battle flag is everywhere and means everything.

hurley-highs-chool.jpg

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/at-virg...attle-flag-is-everywhere-and-means-everything

Another similar story in this article: http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/2015/08/21/confederate-flag-means-everything-hs/32102407/
Uh-oh, it will stop receiving the government money anytime soon since it's a public HS. Anyone who doesn't like to hear what I just said, take yoga that will calm you down or just ignore my post if you can.

Uh-oh, it will stop receiving the government money anytime soon since it's a public HS. Anyone who doesn't like to hear what I just said, take yoga that will calm you down or just ignore my post if you can.

There is no rule for government to take money away from public high school over confederate flag.

You need to learn to live with it, period.

There is no rule for government to take money away from public high school over confederate flag.

You need to learn to live with it, period.
What if the state of VA orders the school to paint the front doors over the flag and the school refuses?

What if the state of VA orders the school to paint the front doors over the flag and the school refuses?

Under law, state of VA have no authority to order school to paint over the "offensive" material that deemed to be politically correctness - that's no difference when schools are depicting the Indian material.

The change require legislation and majority of them are pro-confederate republicans so that's not going happen and NoVA (Northern VA) take 35% of VA state - that's not enough but many whites in NoVA (especially outside of beltway) see confederate as heritage as well.

This school is most locally funded and most people say that confederate flag is okay so we need to respect the local.

How you feel if we demand your school district to remove the abortion and birth control from science book and impose religious belief on school? If you say no so you need to respect local - not all locals are same.

Also, I lived in NoVA before.

Back