Confederate Flag

What does Confederate Rebel Flag means to you?

• A symbol of Civil War History

Votes: 41 25.8%
  • A symbol of racist

Votes: 44 27.7%
  • A symbol of Heritage (Civil War Veteran Generation)

Votes: 60 37.7%
  • Others - please specify

Votes: 14 8.8%

• Total voters
My baby (17) goes to "Forrest" High School...The school was named after someone named "Forrest". but who (at one time) also was a KKK leader/member ....The City's African Blacks petitioned many, many years to have this named changed...it never was, until this year, they succeeded, but only by a close vote....Students were demonstrating outside of the school with Rebel Flags....I kept my son out of this....He is happy tho'. that the school's name won't be changed until next year, and he graduates this year....He's gone to Forrest High School for 3 years and wanted to graduate at "Forrest"...no matter what the man had done or whoever he was in the past....For goodness sake..the man "Forrest" has been dead many, many years!

My baby (17) goes to "Forrest" High School...The school was named after someone named "Forrest". but who (at one time) also was a KKK leader/member ....The City's African Blacks petitioned many, many years to have this named changed...it never was, until this year, they succeeded, but only by a close vote....Students were demonstrating outside of the school with Rebel Flags....I kept my son out of this....He is happy tho'. that the school's name won't be changed until next year, and he graduates this year....He's gone to Forrest High School for 3 years and wanted to graduate at "Forrest"...no matter what the man had done or whoever he was in the past....For goodness sake..the man "Forrest" has been dead many, many years!

I'm wonder about anyone goes to Stalin High School, Zedong High School, Il-sung High School, Castro High School, etc - all dictators.

Right, we all know about Nazi's atrocities in history which was worse than what the Confederate in history.

Did you, or anyone heard about Confederate abused the Union prisoner in Andersonville? Actually that's no where near what the Nazi treated their prisoners, but here's the example.

Here's the story: Historical Background, Andersonville Civil War Prison

The Story of One Union Soldier - Andersonville Prison

From here: Andersonville Prison, February 1864 - April 1865

There is also the story of the forced removal of the Cherokee Indian from their home by the United States Army under Andrew Jackson's orders. They were flying the American Flag.

What do you think the American Flag symbolizes to these broken tribes now?

There is also the story of the forced removal of the Cherokee Indian from their home by the United States Army under Andrew Jackson's orders. They were flying the American Flag.

What do you think the American Flag symbolizes to these broken tribes now?

Are you hijacking this thread? We are discussing about confederate flag.

We know that Native Indians were mistreated by US government during 18th Century to 20th Century - it was fact and no need to argue. US government already apologized and signed the treaty to end the Indian War by create the Indian Reservation. You cannot reverse the mistake that caused by government and that's history.

I have no knowledge about possession of US flag is considered as offensive in Indian Reservation - it is up to tribal jurisdiction.

Are you hijacking this thread? We are discussing about confederate flag.

We know that Native Indians were mistreated by US government during 18th Century to 20th Century - it was fact and no need to argue. US government already apologized and signed the treaty to end the Indian War by create the Indian Reservation. You cannot reverse the mistake that caused by government and that's history.

I have no knowledge about possession of US flag is considered as offensive in Indian Reservation - it is up to tribal jurisdiction.

No, I was not hijacking this thread foxrac. I was pointing out that a flag can mean one thing to a certain group of people, and a symbol of oppression to another group of people. The same thing applies to the Confederate Flag.

I do hope that answers your question on whether or not I was trying to hijack this thread. Unfortunately, I do not have the hijacking skills that you have. I never went to ninja school, and probably couldn't even hijack an ice cream truck even if my life depended on it.

No, I was not hijacking this thread foxrac. I was pointing out that a flag can mean one thing to a certain group of people, and a symbol of oppression to another group of people. The same thing applies to the Confederate Flag.
:gpost:
.... Unfortunately, I do not have the hijacking skills that you have. I never went to ninja school, and probably couldn't even hijack an ice cream truck even if my life depended on it.
:squint:

anyone can use anything for the wrong reason but that doesn't mean we should make it illegal.

Proud to be southern!

is it not classed as red neck facism to fly republican flag as it is to fly the English bit of union jack.

it terrible that fashists highjack flag they have with English flag aswell

Well I'm from NC, prior to the Civil War, it represented cessation from the Union (US), after the war, remnants of Confederate soldiers took it upon themselves to continue the onslought by guerilla means. Not only Northerners were targeted but blacks as well. This mess mothballed into KKK militias while still using the Confederate flag. So originally it had a different meaning, it was the corrupted ideals of militias and such that made it what it is, but I personally don't see the flag that way.

I know at one time it did have the different meaning as described by FF <:ty:, didn't know all those details> and then morphed into something else.
I'm mostly familiar with the something else, and, since we're Jewish and my folks had run-ins with Klan and Neo-Nazi's in the South< as well as the general obvious/ugly anti-Semitic experiences growing up in the time period in which they did> , to me on an almost visceral level it brings a different sense to me when I see it...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/18/charleston-shooting-confederate-flag_n_7613870.html

Confederate flag represents southern heritage.

Libtards in comments are crying baby, anyway.

I agree with Fox

151501632210_1.jpg

And!
backoff.gif

take it down racist win..Samething happen in England. Flag got be reclaimed show everyone own it

In the recent event in the news in Charleston.. the Confederate Flag has became a debate in politics and the public. We know people view the flag differently, and the opinions on what it stands for.

South Carolina has a strong history of the Civl War, I'm curious to see if you think the flag should be taken down or not in Charleston?

Back