Confederate Flag

What does Confederate Rebel Flag means to you?

• A symbol of Civil War History

Votes: 41 25.8%
  • A symbol of racist

Votes: 44 27.7%
  • A symbol of Heritage (Civil War Veteran Generation)

Votes: 60 37.7%
  • Others - please specify

Votes: 14 8.8%

• Total voters
It got be claimed by AFRO/AMERICAN they live in South it take the poisen out of it

In the recent event in the news in Charleston.. the Confederate Flag has became a debate in politics and the public. We know people view the flag differently, and the opinions on what it stands for.

South Carolina has a strong history of the Civl War, I'm curious to see if you think the flag should be taken down or not in Charleston?

Yes but some states flags have Confederate symbolism.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ves-on-in-the-flags-of-seven-southern-states/

The Supreme Court ruled Thursday that Texas can prohibit vanity license plates containing an image of the Confederate battle flag.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/18/supreme-court-confederate-license-plates_n_7470646.html

I am sorry that you think it is heritage but it is not as they supported hatred against Black people and other diverse people including Native Americans. They think they have a right to own all of North America.

Take the confederate flag down.

We, Native Americans, are not happy what they have done to us including diverse people. What is wrong with color of black and brown? Get a life. :roll:

I am sorry that you think it is heritage but it is not as they supported hatred against Black people and other diverse people including Native Americans. They think they have a right to own all of North America.

We, Native Americans, are not happy what they have done to us including diverse people. What is wrong with color of black and brown? Get a life. :roll:

i would not include Native American in this debate it your country in first place i think you should have first say be vocal but then i think why do you need be vocal it be fore gone conclusion...Native Americans should always have senior positions in government or anything else..The flag debate just between those that not native American if i was native Americans i have to ask WHY is native americans symbles not sharing flag..In fact native American should be main symble on flag with all the starts strips etc within the hand of native American.That would include all State flags and confederate flag...What was happening to them when civil war was on what did both sides do to them..
Did they have anything to do with slaves..That big side of history that kept quiet

In the recent event in the news in Charleston.. the Confederate Flag has became a debate in politics and the public. We know people view the flag differently, and the opinions on what it stands for.

South Carolina has a strong history of the Civl War, I'm curious to see if you think the flag should be taken down or not in Charleston?
They have to take it down because it pisses black people off. Put it in a museum where people come to learn its history. Put that flag up in public, that's looking for trouble. That's really stupid.

For example, can Germans fly a Nazi flag outside of their homes right now?

So what the Confederate flag symbolizes is not clear........????

So what the Confederate flag symbolizes is not clear........????
It's all in the perception; depends on who is viewing it. There is no consensus.

Even our American flag could be viewed that way. Some Americans love the US flag and some hate it. It represents different things to different people.

Isn't being able to fly the Confederate flag the same as freedom of speech ? If the Confederate flag is forced to be taken down this could be the being of losing our freedom of free speech. People should be careful what they wish for.

You wouldn't support US flag so you are full of hypocrite.

US government removed the Native Indians so none of them are under Confederate government.

Um, there is african Americans did serve in the Confederate Army during Civil War. The slavery was not the reason the war started in the first place.

The people who abuse the flag showing hateful behavior is stupid. There is some good people who showed the flag as pride and heritage who doesn't do hateful behavior.

They have to take it down because it pisses black people off. Put it in a museum where people come to learn its history. Put that flag up in public, that's looking for trouble. That's really stupid.

For example, can Germans fly a Nazi flag outside of their homes right now?

Well I'm from NC, prior to the Civil War, it represented cessation from the Union (US), after the war, remnants of Confederate soldiers took it upon themselves to continue the onslought by guerilla means. Not only Northerners were targeted but blacks as well. This mess mothballed into KKK militias while still using the Confederate flag. So originally it had a different meaning, it was the corrupted ideals of militias and such that made it what it is, but I personally don't see the flag that way.

True.

Beyond the insurgency, the resason people from the South identify with the civil war is because that is what binds those states togther. If think about it, no other culture celebrates a war it lost. The meaning has less to do with the war itself than its function of solidarity. But, that symbol does not need to be the flag, that solidarity does not need that symbol to survive, IMO.

Also there where slave holding states in the Union. The emancipation proclamation only freed the slaves in the Confederacy not the Union so that says a lot. The last slave holding states in America where in the north not under the Confederate flag.

Um, there is african Americans did serve in the Confederate Army during Civil War. The slavery was not the reason the war started in the first place.

The people who abuse the flag showing hateful behavior is stupid. There is some good people who showed the flag as pride and heritage who doesn't do hateful behavior.

Mississippi keep or remove Confederate emblem of state flag?

mississippi-flag.gif

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=93537

Turn out, there are about 50% American-African are free in Confederate. Suppose, their time, their media were misled? LOL

One guy at DVTV wore a baseball cap with the decal, Confederate flag on it. Many black members and some white members who supported them at DVTV complained about it. He's no longer wearing it on his videos at DVTV for their sake.

Another story, really a strange one. At my old school, a male student wore blue jeans that had a decal, Confederate flag at the bottom of his jeans. On the last day of the week (Friday) after they got off from vocational school, several black male students covered his head with something and beat him up so bad. The result was that school staffs said he was to blame and he didn't know who beat him up. He shouldn't have worn those jeans, otherwise he looked for trouble. What is so strange about it? He is not white. He is Korean.

Know what I am saying? No? Confederate flags display no respect for black people's freedom. No difference from the statues.

There are a lot of Rednecks driving their trucks with the Flag....and expect to see the Flag flying more and more in my city, regardless....:hmm:

Back