Confederate Flag

What does Confederate Rebel Flag means to you?

• A symbol of Civil War History

Votes: 41 25.8%
  • A symbol of racist

Votes: 44 27.7%
  • A symbol of Heritage (Civil War Veteran Generation)

Votes: 60 37.7%
  • Others - please specify

Votes: 14 8.8%

• Total voters
Rednecks living in Jacksonville, Fla?

Rednecks live over all of US states, not limited to southern states only, even Arizona has a lot.

but it is probably more dominant in southern states from East NM to GA and from FL to Maryland.

Have you went to Inland Empire (San Bernardino and Riverside) or North LA County/Kern County? I'm sure about a lot of rednecks.

Alright, I read that rednecks and also blacks live there. *Scratch my head*

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/23/opinions/kohn-confederate-flag/index.html

To put it more simply, South Carolina and the rest of the South only seceded to preserve the violent domination and enslavement of black people, and the Confederate flag only exists because of that secession. To call the flag "heritage" is to gloss over the ugly reality of history.
All other former slave states will follow.

It's time to ban this flag.

If the last slave states where in the union, why not ban old glory?
Mmmmm

If the last slave states where in the union, why not ban old glory?
Mmmmm
That's what this flag and statues are for. They represent old glory which fantasied the white teen who killed some black people at the church recently. Really, enough is enough. Put them in a museum.

RR said that rednecks in her hometown fly this flag. It's because they support it. In other words, they support slavery in the past. https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101220191132AArSrCg

If you are black and you see this flag which is not yet banned but someday soon, you would say "Uh-oh, they look for trouble". I am sure there are a lot of blacks taking revenge against them. Good luck to rednecks.

That's what this flag and statues are for. They represent old glory which fantasied the white teen who killed some black people at the church recently. Really, enough is enough. Put them in a museum.

RR said that rednecks in her hometown fly this flag. It's because they support it. In other words, they support slavery in the past. https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101220191132AArSrCg

If you are black and you see this flag which is not yet banned but someday soon, you would say "Uh-oh, they look for trouble". I am sure there are a lot of blacks taking revenge against them. Good luck to rednecks.

Curious....then why do black people around here fly this flag? ...hmm maybe because it does represent something more than slavery to some.... they take it for the heritage in which it does represent....
Will not argue that it is a common misinterpretation...but that is their issue...

Curious....then why do black people around here fly this flag? ...hmm maybe because it does represent something more than slavery to some.... they take it for the heritage in which it does represent....
Will not argue that it is a common misinterpretation...but that is their issue...
A source, please. How old are they? What states? And so forth.

If the Union was all about freeing slaves then why where there lynchings and segregation? Why could black men not vote or work in skilled trades? Why did they have blatantly racist laws preventing free black people from actually getting rights as citizens? Why did they have the countries most violent race riot?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/aia/part4/4p2957.html
"African Americans also faced violence at the hands of white northerners. Individual cases of assault and murder occured throughout the North, as did daily insults and harassment. Between 1820 and 1850, Northern blacks also became the frequent targets of mob violence. Whites looted, tore down, and burned black homes, churches, schools, and meeting halls. They stoned, beat, and sometimes murdered blacks. Philadelphia was the site of the worst and most frequent mob violence. City officials there generally refused to protect African Americans from white mobs and blamed blacks for inciting the violence with their "uppity" behavior."

Doesn't sound like people willing to fight and die to free slaves.

Age all ages....as for a source ...How about life experience? How about I am the ONLY none black in my neighborhood....one of three non black in my schools with the exception of teachers out of a school population of 3000.... my entire community is black...the stores I shop at, the people I pass on the streets, the churches I could go to... everywhere....so quite frankly and with all due respect, on this, screw a source I am talking about life, things I see everyday, on houses, cars, and on people. You want a sourse, get curious and search for the other side of the story... they are out there... some see it as racist some see it as heritage... different strokes and all that...

If the Union was all about freeing slaves then why where there lynchings and segregation? Why could black men not vote or work in skilled trades? Why did they have blatantly racist laws preventing free black people from actually getting rights as citizens? Why did they have the countries most violent race riot?

. . . Doesn't sound like people willing to fight and die to free slaves.
Legislation doesn't change hearts. That takes time and effort.

Just because some people are racist jerks doesn't negate the sacrifices of those who fought and died to free the slaves. I also include those who died in the abolition movement, Underground Railroad, and the American Civil Rights Movement.

A source? No one keeps stats on something like that. However, I agree with Jezie. I've seen black people with Confederate flags and clothing. We have black Civil War reenactors on both sides.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/aia/part4/4p2957.html
"African Americans also faced violence at the hands of white northerners. Individual cases of assault and murder occured throughout the North, as did daily insults and harassment. Between 1820 and 1850, Northern blacks also became the frequent targets of mob violence. Whites looted, tore down, and burned black homes, churches, schools, and meeting halls. They stoned, beat, and sometimes murdered blacks. Philadelphia was the site of the worst and most frequent mob violence. City officials there generally refused to protect African Americans from white mobs and blamed blacks for inciting the violence with their "uppity" behavior."

Doesn't sound like people willing to fight and die to free slaves.

That is the thing...the civil war was not about slavery... it was about economics and government... Slavery was a by line and the camel's straw....

I would say it's KKK fault for use Confederate, they abuse it to make it sound like racist. Thing is out of control. Oh-boo!

I would say it's KKK fault for use Confederate, they abuse it to make it sound like racist. Thing is out of control. Oh-boo!

Yes and no... in truth it became more of a racist thing when people started to use it as a symbol to tell the government to stop telling them what to do.... the X on the flag is actually a symbol that states this...it represents the message to the union to remove the original 13 from its governance.... so when civil rights got going and the people wanted to keep segergation it became seen as a more racist symbol to those that really did not know the message behind the flag.

The interesting thing is that through all the government laws rules and regulations...self segergation is beyond alive and well.... at least where I am...

No law or regulation will fix the issues

it on news earlier they had points for and against..we have scots welsh English. the English one been classed as racist as racists high jacket it..Blair government said English got reclaim it we found abit of bone go into our jelly spines and have....What wrong with it just representing South leave it at that or it all becomes bs giving a few stars and stripes so much power

Legislation doesn't change hearts. That takes time and effort.

Just because some people are racist jerks doesn't negate the sacrifices of those who fought and died to free the slaves. I also include those who died in the abolition movement, Underground Railroad, and the American Civil Rights Movement.

That is not my intent. Abolitionists fought hard and made great sacrifices. I just want to dispel this idea that the North was a perfect place where everyone is free and they all got together and fought the south so they could be free too. It was a complicated war fought for many reasons and not every person had the same reasons.

More poverty and slums in Afro/American area of newyork

Yes and no... in truth it became more of a racist thing when people started to use it as a symbol to tell the government to stop telling them what to do.... the X on the flag is actually a symbol that states this...it represents the message to the union to remove the original 13 from its governance.... so when civil rights got going and the people wanted to keep segergation it became seen as a more racist symbol to those that really did not know the message behind the flag.

The interesting thing is that through all the government laws rules and regulations...self segergation is beyond alive and well.... at least where I am...

No law or regulation will fix the issues

Confederate flag is protected by First Amendment.

Back