Confederate Flag

What does Confederate Rebel Flag means to you?

• A symbol of Civil War History

Votes: 41 25.8%
  • A symbol of racist

Votes: 44 27.7%
  • A symbol of Heritage (Civil War Veteran Generation)

Votes: 60 37.7%
  • Others - please specify

Votes: 14 8.8%

• Total voters
Proud of my South Carolina heritage!

SC%20state%20flag.jpg

confederate_flag.jpg

Did you see my post above?

There are many people who feel non-white races have no place in the United States of Amercia, and they fly the US flag to represent themselves.

So therefore, by your very own theory, since the CS flag is used by some racists as their symbol, and the US flag is used by some racists as their symbol also (some times alongside the CS flag...) then BOTH should be symbols of racism. But our USA flag is not. We keep the USA flag 'sacred', going so far as to create rules as to how it shall be flown.

A convenient discrepancy, don't you think?

Nope. :)

You lost the war, fair-n-square! :lol:

If Obama won the presidential election.

The southern states will be divide from the USA and McCain will be our second CSA president. :D

Just kidding.

Hey Byrdie, there's surprise for ya.
rebel_flag2.jpg

I would wonders you will feel so good when you move to south.

Ok Guys,

I know there's been a lot of emotion involved with this issue regarding to the Rebel Flag. There is no rights or wrongs in this one. Let's tone it down a little bit, okay?

I have nothing against anyone. I respect everyone as they mind their own business and I mind my own.

ust go find something else you SUPPORT and take PRIDE in. Find your own flag and stfu.
but you're waving a flag that represents slavery and non-unity. I wave American flag because it represents the future and unity. It reminds us to fight for what we believe in - the freedom and equality. Confederate Flag does not represent that. I understand Southerners argue it's just a symbol of being Southern but it's entrenched with racism and slavery. Surely - there are other ways to glorify your Southern heritage other than Confederate flag.

To Freedom and Equality!
23w45md.gif

Do good germans wave the nazi flag and claim heritage????????
nope...the war's over....move on
the souths heritage is the U.S.A
civil war part of history....not todays heritage
I find the flag to be insulting to the rest of the U.S. and insulting to afro-amercans.
I can respect the confederacy of the past as part of out history.............but the way I see it displayed nowadays is always in a racist seccesionist desiring format.
It's history...let it be history...it is not heritage of today.
Do we fly the mexican flag as heritage after we took part of mexico???nope
it's all bunk

:gpost: I'm really glad that you post here because I long want to say this. If I say something like you what you post here then they would say that I has no idea because I am not an American, etc... that's why I don't post anything or vote here until your post here... again, :gpost:

Germany use only German flag and Europe flag... Its about rule by Germany and European...

I agreed. Confederate flag means one thing, slavery and racism. And I read back then about some students that got suspended for waving Confederate flags in school. They deserved the suspension.

Yes I heard about this.

To my opinion, America is a country, they should use American Flag. We have German flag, not Nazi flag. It would consider as racism if we use Nazi flag. I agree that confederate flag also consider as racism if anyone prefer to use confederate flag instead of American flag.

I'm glad to know that I am not alone...

I voted A symbol of racist few minutes ago. :)

While I understand this is some sort of sticky issue involving confederacy, I'd appreciate that we all can debate this issue in a civil way. Many countries had a bad reputation in history as many of you know. USA were a slave country then CSA formed when civil war broke out and when USA (Union) won, the slavery were abolished. But the slavery still exists even today in some places.

Aside from that, let me remind you guys that this is my thread here, and there's no right and wrongs here, we share our point of view. I'd expect my thread to be a heated debate, and I'd appreciate that we can discuss in a civil matter. We learn from history and mistakes it happened long time ago.

:ty:

Nope. :)

You lost the war, fair-n-square! :lol:

Who lost the war?
I am viewing it from a neutral and unbiased standpoint.
There is no "me" or "we" or "us", here.

I am from Michigan and always have been, which so happens would have been Union, back then.

If people want to look at it as "us" vs "you", then they have an agenda, and well... we can't use that very well in logical determinations.

That would pretty much sum it up as "the Confederate flag is racist, because we say it is." That's called 'arbitrary'.

Oh, and by the way.
I think in Germany it is illegal to display any Nazi flag or insignia. (correct me if I am wrong)
In the US, it is NOT illegal to fly or display Confederate colors. So unless/until it becomes so, people will just have to deal with it, no matter their personal opinion.

Back