Confederate Flag

What does Confederate Rebel Flag means to you?

• A symbol of Civil War History

Votes: 41 25.8%
  • A symbol of racist

Votes: 44 27.7%
  • A symbol of Heritage (Civil War Veteran Generation)

Votes: 60 37.7%
  • Others - please specify

Votes: 14 8.8%

• Total voters
Oh, retaliation? LOL If that happens, it will make the South look bad definitely. What's more, the Supreme Court will be watching the South's ass. You know that because it's illegal for the South to do so.

The retaliation is already happening and not really, most judges on US Supreme Court are conservative - they are more sympathy to southern states, especially they killed some portion of Vote Rights Act.

The retaliation isn't come from government, it is actually from citizens.

Also, not limited to southern states, it happening in anywhere, even South Dakota, Arizona, Ohio, etc.

Removing the statues is not erasing history. Destroying the statues is erasing history. They are not destroying the statues. They will move them somewhere else as mentioned in the link. Feel better?

it's pretty much the same thing. it's not in the public view and the history's not being told.

it's not about erasing the history. it's about controlling the narration.

then what's the point of schools teaching Civil War histories if every monuments are removed? At Gallaudet, a black AL guy knew more about the Civil War than the white professor. My son wants to visit some Civil War sites in VA.

then what's the point of schools teaching Civil War histories if every monuments are removed? At Gallaudet, a black AL guy knew more about the Civil War than the white professor. My son wants to visit some Civil War sites in VA.

In Alabama, 70% black people don't like confederate flag but one of black AL is part of 30% that understand about confederate flag.

I left Gally due to medical issues and I dislike many professors - they are pretty much politically correctness and culturally deaf - some of them humiliated me for having a CI mark on my head - it was my parents forced me to get CI, but they blamed on me and they told me that my ASL is slow - I had changed the sign language twice - from ASL to SEE and SEE to ASL.

IMO, black people are happy that the statues are being removed because they think those guys should not be honored since they were bad guys who supported the Southerners treating black slaves very very badly.

As for teaching the history about the Civil War, it doesn't mean that those bad guys are honored so black people have no complaint.

How is it not racist to remove a monument of a white guy for the same actions as the black guy, but the one for the black guy is left alone?
Another question is how many of y'all that are debating about what the black southern thinks is black or southerner?

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using AllDeaf App mobile app

IMO, black people are happy that the statues are being removed because they think those guys should not be honored since they were bad guys who supported the Southerners treating black slaves very very badly.

As for teaching the history about the Civil War, it doesn't mean that those bad guys are honored so black people have no complaint.

Your statement explained to me that you are totally clueless. *facepalm*

Your statement explained to me that you are totally clueless. *facepalm*
OK, can you tell me why they decided to remove the statues?

My point is that if those statues were not the bad guys, then they would not be removed. Use your common sense.

OK, can you tell me why they decided to remove the statues?

My point is that if those statues were not the bad guys, then they would not be removed. Use your common sense.

Removal of the"bad guys" like you say is rather juvenile, I think....the point here is the removal or erasure of history....is it right or a good idea?

Removal of the"bad guys" like you say is rather juvenile, I think....the point here is the removal or erasure of history....is it right or a good idea?
Wrong, they are still a part of history in books, films and musuems. The purpose of a statue is to be honored.

They are being removed because they are not honored by millions of Americans today. Simple fact!

Wrong, they are still a part of history in books, films and musuems. The purpose of a statue is to be honored.

They are being removed because they are not honored by millions of Americans today. Simple fact!

Is that why they are bieng removed?

Cmon crazy paul....
Your smarter then that

No wonder about why I laughed at his posts.

Not worth my time to discuss with anyone who are clueless about confederate history.

The confederate heritages are honored by millions of Americans, period.

No wonder about why I laughed at his posts.

Not worth my time to discuss with anyone who are clueless about confederate history.

The confederate heritages are honored by millions of Americans, period.
WHAAAAT? Not a fact! They learn about it but it doesn't mean they honor it. SMH

WHAAAAT? Not a fact! They learn about it but it doesn't mean they honor it. SMH

First, you don't live in southern states nor rural communities in outside of southern states. Most people in southern states and rural communities, even in Midwest and Northeast are honoring the confederate heritage and the history shouldn't be forgotten, period.

What hell is someone from Los Angeles and try to know about confederate flag? You never live in southern states or rural communities to understand.

Politically correctness is getting out of control and no wonder about why many white people aren't getting along with black people nowadays, that's known as racial tension.

1990s was best decade for relation between white and black, but not anymore.

I think it's sad that this has taken on such a life of it's own. Are we now going to block it from history books so children never learn what those flags looked like? Are were now going to remove sections from our history books so they don't "offend" anywhere.

The flag is our history and General Lee was once of the greatest American war leaders in our nation and it was a great blow to the north that we couldn't obtain him. The fact that people are talking about renaming streets is sad. The flag represents all of the fallen soldiers of the southern cause, most of which never owned slaves, much less land. If you asked them why they were fighting, they'd answer "I'm fighting because you're here."

You don't get to re-write history because it's unpleasant for you. The young man involved in that church shooting didn't kill those people because they were black. That's just a story he gave to justify what he did....he did it because he wanted to infamous and because he could. There's no rational reason behind it - just as the excuses that Ted Bundy gave for why he killed all those girls were just that - excuses. Ted killed because he could and it's really not more complicated than that for any of them.....

I consider the confederate flag and our civil war history just another victim of this young man....who probably knew absolutely nothing about either...

Laura

Laura has excellent point - I don't support to re-write the history.

Some hate groups abused the confederate flag to make looks racist to everyone.

Laura has excellent point - I don't support to re-write the history.

Some hate groups abused the confederate flag to make looks racist to everyone.
OMG! Laura talked about the history regarding the Civil War being re-written. Hell no, it never happens. Pictures of the flag and the monuments will always be displayed in the history books.

The Confederate flag also represents slavery. What happened to the slaves in the South after the South lost the war? They were freed, right?

OMG! Laura talked about the history regarding the Civil War being re-written. Hell no, it never happens. Pictures of the flag and the monuments will always be displayed in the history books.

The Confederate flag also represents slavery. What happened to the slaves in the South after the South lost the war? They were freed, right?

The news about New Orleans already prove that history is re-written so you can't deny anymore.

Not until after 13th Amendment passed.

Union states had slaves too but not completely abolished until after 13th Amendment.

In fact, American Civil War isn't about slavery - it is more about economic issue and Lincoln didn't care about black people - he wanted to deport black people to other countries.

Back