Confederate Flag

What does Confederate Rebel Flag means to you?

• A symbol of Civil War History

Votes: 41 25.8%
  • A symbol of racist

Votes: 44 27.7%
  • A symbol of Heritage (Civil War Veteran Generation)

Votes: 60 37.7%
  • Others - please specify

Votes: 14 8.8%

• Total voters
First, you don't live in southern states nor rural communities in outside of southern states. Most people in southern states and rural communities, even in Midwest and Northeast are honoring the confederate heritage and the history shouldn't be forgotten, period.

What hell is someone from Los Angeles and try to know about confederate flag? You never live in southern states or rural communities to understand.

Politically correctness is getting out of control and no wonder about why many white people aren't getting along with black people nowadays, that's known as racial tension.

1990s was best decade for relation between white and black, but not anymore.
Black people are human beings so they have civil rights. If many white people aren't getting along with them because of their civil rights, then those white people are no good.

The news about New Orleans already prove that history is re-written so you can't deny anymore.

Not until after 13th Amendment passed.

Union states had slaves too but not completely abolished until after 13th Amendment.

In fact, American Civil War isn't about slavery - it is more about economic issue and Lincoln didn't care about black people - he wanted to deport black people to other countries.
I don't see how the history is re-written once the monuments/flags are removed from the properties. The history stays the same. Find me a Civil War book to prove that it's being re-written.

Black people are human beings so they have civil rights. If many white people aren't getting along with them because of their civil rights, then those white people are no good.

You fail to understand about what I said.

I clearly said that race relation between black and white were great in 1980s, 1990s and 2000s, but racial tension started worsen after 2010, also much worse after Ferguson and SC church shooting. The politically correctness went out of control and some black people, especially BLM demanded fast change in justice system, that's not happen under watch. I'm getting enough with some people who made race as main issue and no wonder about why disability rights got distracted with different issues, especially race and gun issue.

US Supreme Court could have power to undermine the Civil Rights like they did to Voting Rights Act of 1965.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/26/us/supreme-court-ruling.html

The racist has went out of control, also white people aren't only who are racist, even some black people are racist.

You are extremely bizarre and you are white man so you show us that you enjoy to troll us until you could earn a permanent ban.

I don't see how the history is re-written once the monuments/flags are removed from the properties. The history stays the same. Find me a Civil War book to prove that it's being re-written.

It is only for you, not us.

In fact, the history has been re-written for years.

You fail to understand about what I said.

I clearly said that race relation between black and white were great in 1980s, 1990s and 2000s, but racial tension started worsen after 2010, also much worse after Ferguson and SC church shooting. The politically correctness went out of control and some black people, especially BLM demanded fast change in justice system, that's not happen under watch. I'm getting enough with some people who made race as main issue and no wonder about why disability rights got distracted with different issues, especially race and gun issue.

US Supreme Court could have power to undermine the Civil Rights like they did to Voting Rights Act of 1965.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/26/us/supreme-court-ruling.html

The racist has went out of control, also white people aren't only who are racist, even some black people are racist.

You are extremely bizarre and you are white man so you show us that you enjoy to troll us until you could earn a permanent ban.
White cops murdering unarmed black men... what does it have to do with the removed monuments/flags? That's a separate issue. We have corrupt cops everywhere for a very long time.

Yeah, some black people are evil so are some white people. However, black people who rallied for the monuments/flag to be removed are not evil so why not getting along with them and respect their rights?

White cops murdering unarmed black men... what does it have to do with the removed monuments/flags? That's a separate issue. We have corrupt cops everywhere for a very long time.

Yeah, some black people are evil so are some white people. However, black people who rallied for the monuments/flag to be removed are not evil so why not getting along with them and respect their rights?

The removal of monuments aren't going solve the problem - it make worse.

The movement against police officers didn't start until after 2010, start with BART police shooting.

The removal of monuments aren't going solve the problem - it make worse.

The movement against police officers didn't start until after 2010, start with BART police shooting.
Why would it get worse? It doesn't make sense. The purpose of removing them is to reduce racial tension. Don't you get it? Read my red statement in my post 1403.

Why would it get worse? It doesn't make sense. The purpose of removing them is to reduce racial tension. Don't you get it? Read my red statement in my post 1403.

Not really, that's not going to reduce the racial tension at all and I can tell about racial tension is getting worse after retailers removed the confederate stuffs and sparked the politically correctness in anywhere.

Say N word is extremely unacceptable but honor the confederate flag is fine. Some hate groups abused the confederate flag and make them looks bad.

I live in Alabama with 25% black but you live in California with very small percent of black so you don't know about everything in southern states, period.

You are totally clueless and please continue to do it, also you are big pain in butt.

Not really, that's not going to reduce the racial tension at all and I can tell about racial tension is getting worse after retailers removed the confederate stuffs and sparked the politically correctness in anywhere.

Say N word is extremely unacceptable but honor the confederate flag is fine. Some hate groups abused the confederate flag and make them looks bad.

I live in Alabama with 25% black but you live in California with very small percent of black so you don't know about everything in southern states, period.

You are totally clueless and please continue to do it, also you are big pain in butt.
Look, if I was born and raised in the South, I'd still favor the removals. I am sure there are some white Southerners favor it, some don't care and some oppose it. I doubt that all of them oppose it.

Look, if I was born and raised in the South, I'd still favor the removals. I am sure there are some white Southerners favor it, some don't care and some oppose it. I doubt that all of them oppose it.

May or may not, you never know.

You will be totally different if you were born in southern state.

It is amusing to me that people who have not lived in the south nor does it seem interact with southerners claims to have such expertise on a subject.... But will hand it to ya, you have the ego of one....

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Really? Hell no, I would not support the rebel flag even if I was born and raised there.
You have no idea what you would support if you were born and raised in the South, especially if your parents were also Southern. All your experiences growing up would be different.

Did you read that the South Carolina women's college basketball team including coaches and players are glad that the flag is no longer flied? They are the Southerners, aren't they?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...flag-means-for-south-carolina-college-sports/
Did you fully read your link?

The reason that they were glad that the flag came down had nothing to do with how they felt about what it represented. Their happiness was because the ban against playing in SC was put to an end.

Coach Staley (who is from Philadelphia, not the South), said:

"If it creates an opportunity for us not to have [an NCAA tournament game at home], then yes, I’m offended.”

Then:

"Former USC point guard La’Keisha Sutton remembers thinking it was weird South Carolina still flew the Confederate flag prominently, but the New Jersey native had a more animated reaction after hearing USC could not host because of it.

'My feeling was like, ‘Man, that sucks,’ Sutton said. 'We wanted to play in the South. Columbia has great support, but they can’t come see us play for what we worked so hard for during the season because of the Confederate flag.'”

Last edited:
Really? Hell no, I would not support the rebel flag even if I was born and raised there. Did you read that the South Carolina women's college basketball team including coaches and players are glad that the flag is no longer flied? They are the Southerners, aren't they?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...flag-means-for-south-carolina-college-sports/

Your genetic (hereditary) is very different if you are white southerner, also political and culture are different too, otherwise, you will left out.

Please stop being expertise and ego so you never know about southern states.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...really-is-about-racism-not-southern-heritage/

We find that white Southerners who support the Confederate flag are actually less knowledgeable about Southern history;
nVb7bOd.png

Interesting! :hmm:

That's writer's opinion, not fact.

No surprise about you consider me, Calvin, Steinhauer, Jezie and other southerners as uneducated.

I have some college education but you don't.

You don't know about confederate history, seriously.
It's not an opinion. It was a survey.

It's not an opinion. It was a survey.

Question.... is this some pet project for you?
You know nothing about the subject ... it is actually quite funny... you are throwing this whole racism and hatred crap and keeping it going know nothing about the southern people... ah... but you have a survey.... and this is made up of facts right?

You keep posting here, why? You are beyond lost on the subject and have no ties to it... you have no standing or actual education that conects to it... you bring what the trumped up media throws out and act like it is fact... off a survey ... shame on you...

Sent from my SM-T217S using AllDeaf App mobile app

CrazyPaul, it is best interest for you to leave this thread alone and many of your posts are embarrassing because you are not originate from southern states and you never visit southern states, so you don't know about southern history and our culture.

The confederate is part of heritage and we honor the heritage for our ancestries so I found much of your posts disrespected our ancestries and you don't know about true history.

There are slavery existed in Union states before Civil War started and Abraham Lincoln only ended the slavery in southern states, but not in northern states until passage of 13th Amendment, that happened after Lincoln died from assassination. Lincoln isn't fan of black people and he wanted to deport all of them to other countries, especially Central America and Africa. There is a lot of hypocritical with US or Union states so you cannot mention the slavery as reason for Civil War and it is about money and interest, but US used slavery as excuse. There were a lot of corruption in US government and CSA wanted to own the representative, also they tried to abolish the slavery about one year before war ended.

http://www.southernheritage411.com/truehistory.php?th=052

Civil War had a lot of serious consequence - that lead to creation of KKK and segregation, also black people were mistreated by government in retaliation for many years until 1960s. It will be different if there were no war and allow US and CSA to have peacefully united with some conditions, also US and CSA have different economic climate and we were underrepresented. Black people are facing worst racial tension of decade and their income and opportunities are severely lagged, also majority of poverty are black people.

The damage has done - that's US government's fault.

Also, there is growing of right wing militias movement that where racism usually occurred. I can witness that racism has went really bad and I don't have any control anymore because I'm not into PC - it make worse.

There is NO real solution, also removal of confederate flags and monuments will not solve the problem - you can tell that racism is going bad now.

Back