Confederate Flag

What does Confederate Rebel Flag means to you?

• A symbol of Civil War History

Votes: 41 25.8%
  • A symbol of racist

Votes: 44 27.7%
  • A symbol of Heritage (Civil War Veteran Generation)

Votes: 60 37.7%
  • Others - please specify

Votes: 14 8.8%

• Total voters
Hush Puppies

Well, it don't get no better than hush puppies!
Now I'm gonna have to put them on the menu
for tomorrow. Right now I'm too full of the kids
Trick or Treat candy. One of my kids went as
the scarriest creature I've ever seen. An
IRS Agent! aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

Well, it don't get no better than hush puppies!
Now I'm gonna have to put them on the menu
for tomorrow. Right now I'm too full of the kids
Trick or Treat candy. One of my kids went as
the scarriest creature I've ever seen. An
IRS Agent! aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

Don't forget to buy grit packets for halloween, trick and treat.

Kids would be shocked about grits aren't treat food, lol.

Trick or Grits?

:giggle: I would only do that to the ones I saw spreading tp on the yard!
Deprive a little goblin of his candy? Never!:giggle:

Me too! But I just got a dental filling 30 minutes ago, so no food allowed now. :( (I have to go back to work tonight anyway.)

But I did eat leftover fish, hush puppies, and red rice for lunch. Yum! :P

Want go to KFC? It's full serve of southern food, yay!!!!

Whoa, whoa. Make another thread about KFC or GRITS. Y'all are suppose to talk and debating about the Confederate flag, not the foods. :cool:

So, Confederate flag isn't racist. I know KKK use them. But that's their flag. I have a confederate flag hanging on my wall in my room. I'm not a racist, I'm just from the southern states, of course.

Schermy, you exactly didn't answer my question. Germans use swastika isn't part of the Confederate flag. Florida's state flag has a red cross that is representing the confederate flag, same goes for Georgia (first Confederate flag). Same thing for Alabama's flag as well.

Whoa, whoa. Make another thread about KFC or GRITS. Y'all are suppose to talk and debating about the Confederate flag, not the foods. :cool:

So, Confederate flag isn't racist. I know KKK use them. But that's their flag. I have a confederate flag hanging on my wall in my room. I'm not a racist, I'm just from the southern states, of course.

Schermy, you exactly didn't answer my question. Germans use swastika isn't part of the Confederate flag. Florida's state flag has a red cross that is representing the confederate flag, same goes for Georgia (first Confederate flag). Same thing for Alabama's flag as well.

lol, my bad about discuss others than confederate flag.

Ok, there's few different way for confederate flag.
-It's part of heritage, remember about civil war in 1800's.
-Redneck people are use this flag as their culture and demands on southern culture.

I had experience about certain of black peopl are not accept wih confederate flag, such as believe about slave and racial issue in long time ago and if they don't accept that as their personal then would be action against white people that who wear confederate flag logo on shirt, neckle, gear or hang up the flag at home and some of them are tolerate or ignore that, it's common in southeast usa.

I understand about their personal, one of my black friend had fought with some white guys that use confederate flag logo on shirt, neckle or gear.

Southern foods are the true American foods!

PEK1, I CAN COOK THE FOODS INCLUDING BBQ.:cool:

Agreed. *Lick* One of my fave comfort foods is brunsick stew. However, when I make it, I leave out lima beans. I can't stand 'em. eeech.

Ok Texan guy, I did think I answered you but here I go again.

Yes the KKK and skinheads and several White Sepremis (sp) movements use the confederate flag and that makes it a racist symbol. I'm sorry you do not see that.
I wonder, if you live in the United States and enjoy the fredoms of living in the United States, why do you not have the American flag on the wall instead of a confederate flag?
I did not say that the swastkia was part of the confederate flag. I was using it as a comparison. I tried to explain to you that what if the Germans decided that the swastika was heritage not racist and decided to change their flag back to that? What would you think about that?? You think it's good idea? It's kind of similar to using the confederage flag in a state flag or just hanging one in general. See my point now?

Racist flag...

It is an ugly flag.

Just a flag...

It doesn't bother me.

Just hang them in museum.

As some of you know Students are not allowed to show confederate symbols to school such as t-shirt, purse, backpack, etc. Would you guys agree to this? Of course it shows heritage and history. On the other hand, some are offended as it was viewed as racism as school officials see it.

Not all Confederates are bad, there is some good people fought for the Confederacy. And I should note that in 3 years will be the 150 years of the Civil War which started in April 1861. I'm sure there will be a big Civil War reenactment event when it comes to 150 years.

I was taught that Confederate Flags are racist and was used in Civil War. Plus I was taught in School that Confederate Flags is used for South and black people view them as against them. I did view Confederate Flag as a rasist to Black people so I didn't like them at all (the flags).

But when I see in the fourm, it seems that I was taught wrong, it seems like everyone views them as Historial part of Civil war and it's part of America's Heritage. Now I can also see it in tha way too. My Dad and Grandpa have Confederate Flags in their garage, as in the past like in 1800's that we came from the south before we came up to Washington from Oregon Trail.

Sure, the war is over, but Southern pride will never die. Years ago, Pres. Carter restored the citizenship to Confederate President Jefferson Davis. *grins*

Voted for hertiage. I think only black people have problems with this flag. As long person who carry this flag doesn't boast or reminding us about abhor slavery then it should be fine.

Back