Confederate Flag

What does Confederate Rebel Flag means to you?

• A symbol of Civil War History

Votes: 41 25.8%
  • A symbol of racist

Votes: 44 27.7%
  • A symbol of Heritage (Civil War Veteran Generation)

Votes: 60 37.7%
  • Others - please specify

Votes: 14 8.8%

• Total voters
The concept of white supremacy dates further than Lincoln, while he did believe in white supremacy (which was a very common thought back in the day) I am not sure I would a credit him with the kkk.... are you speculating or do you know if he did found an organization?
Otherwise I agree with you...

http://www.pbslearningmedia.org/res...out.whitesup/was-lincoln-a-white-supremacist/

http://5ptsalt.com/2011/08/26/abraham-lincoln-white-supremacisthow-do-you-like-him-now/

I don't said Lincoln created KKK and white supremacy organizations, but after Civil War, Lincoln's action caused introduction of KKK and white supremacy organizations.

http://www.pbslearningmedia.org/res...out.whitesup/was-lincoln-a-white-supremacist/

http://5ptsalt.com/2011/08/26/abraham-lincoln-white-supremacisthow-do-you-like-him-now/

I don't said Lincoln created KKK and white supremacy organizations, but after Civil War, Lincoln's action caused introduction of KKK and white supremacy organizations.

Ah okay... that is what i way a little fuzzy on... curious though... because again, white supremacy has been around for way longer than Lincoln .... why do you say that his actions caused these organizations to form?

KKK and white supremacy organizations weren't existed until after Civil War.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_supremacy#United_States

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan

No, they did not exist; it was a cultural belief that whites where more advanced. This belief, while slow to decline, was not uncommon until after WWII

However, I did find my answer, and you are mostly correct...

The KKK is the oldest white supremacy group, it's original objctive was to reverse "... the federal government’s progressive Reconstruction Era-activities in the South, especially policies that elevated the rights of the local African American population."

I say mostly, because it was Lincoln's action that removed slavery in the southern states, however, it was already a southern movement. It became a contention as to what to do with the freed slaves, because many slave owners wanted them away from them; while others wanted to keep slaves on as indentured servants. As more rights were being considered I could see the over all cultural mind set also affecting group of people forming organizations to rally for their ideals...

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/kkk-founded

Symbols are what we make them...usually the loudest and most vocal and present groups will dictate what a symbol means...
Regardless of historical accuricy....or not...
In this case...its a cleansing of hisfory and a forced re writing to suit cheap politcal captial for polticians thats drivng this...
That is all..
The 9 murdered folks...are just a pretetx aready forgotten...in the authoritarian march

Symbols are what we make them...usually the loudest and most vocal and present groups will dictate what a symbol means...
Regardless of historical accuricy....or not...
In this case...its a cleansing of hisfory and a forced re writing to suit cheap politcal captial for polticians thats drivng this...
That is all..
The 9 murdered folks...are just a pretetx aready forgotten...in the authoritarian march

Truth. ... but to get rid of this symbol will prove difficult. ... to do it fully without riots they will have to work backwards... they already have most believing that is this a symbol of hate, thus makes their job easier, now they remove it from government .... but the southern people will not let it go so easily... I honestly do not see them be able to remove it completely. .. nullify it a good possibility, for it seems only native southerns actually know of its history and meaning... as they erase more and more of the true hiatory it will become more of a negitive thing... sad but true ...

The flag is going to be taken , I feel this is a bad idea , and there could be protests and more Black churches being burned down .

Truth. ... but to get rid of this symbol will prove difficult. ... to do it fully without riots they will have to work backwards... they already have most believing that is this a symbol of hate, thus makes their job easier, now they remove it from government .... but the southern people will not let it go so easily... I honestly do not see them be able to remove it completely. .. nullify it a good possibility, for it seems only native southerns actually know of its history and meaning... as they erase more and more of the true hiatory it will become more of a negitive thing... sad but true ...

Its a long term game, its generational...in the end, it will be out of public view only in the hwnds od groups on the fringe...
And will fade...
Not tmw...
But given how easily with littke or no resistance.it hasbeen attwcked,and removed....peob soonerthen anyone thinks...

Its a long term game, its generational...in the end, it will be out of public view only in the hwnds od groups on the fringe...
And will fade...
Not tmw...
But given how easily with littke or no resistance.it hasbeen attwcked,and removed....peob soonerthen anyone thinks...

Sadly I cannot argue that... for the larger towns in the south its a goner as it stands ... juat a matter of time... smaller college towns with out of state studen body joining into the cue... helps the push. ... but unknown towns I believe it will stay in...
Sadly too much of the US is populated with mindless bigots that are happy to fight any "cause" they are pointed at... so this flag is next on the chopping block... I do wonder how this will end...
Taking it from the GA I agreed with, but that was because of why it was added to begin with... Taking from government buildings, I also agree with (shh it's a secret) but that is because it is a hypocrisy that shows ignorance beyond tolerance... but to take it from the people... well that is infringing on their personal rights... not aure where my state stands on it...

Sadly I cannot argue that... for the larger towns in the south its a goner as it stands ... juat a matter of time... smaller college towns with out of state studen body joining into the cue... helps the push. ... but unknown towns I believe it will stay in...
Sadly too much of the US is populated with mindless bigots that are happy to fight any "cause" they are pointed at... so this flag is next on the chopping block... I do wonder how this will end...
Taking it from the GA I agreed with, but that was because of why it was added to begin with... Taking from government buildings, I also agree with (shh it's a secret) but that is because it is a hypocrisy that shows ignorance beyond tolerance... but to take it from the people... well that is infringing on their personal rights... not aure where my state stands on it...

They wont take it from the peopleby force...theyre not stupid...they are profesional poloticians, with a kong end game and a view of social reengennerng down generations...
They dont have to take it from the people..
The fight for tmw starts in kindergarten...
Remove it from public, gov ect..
Have private companies work with them, sports orgs bann its view, so on..on private. Property....nascar tracks so on, hwve film companies, tv studios, edit, oe drop its view...so on..
All this has alresdy occiured in the lst weeks...
And keep the momentum going...it will pick up...
Rename schools, later much later prob re nwme the mil bases named after dead confederates..so on much later dig up dead confederate generals...so on..
The above has already bewn discussed by mayors..
There is really not much of anything that can stop it...in my opinion...
People are still free to own and fky it...and those who do will die off. And slowly but surely it will all but gone..
I dont see this as avoidible...
Now the den of theives and politicians have the momentum in doing it...
Stuff like this always in the end gives the state more power..its one of rhe reason the lwft et all support erasing history...the poloticians tighten their grip, the state, the coldest of cokd monsters increases its power....by indoctrination, by dictating symbolic use, which by extension controls meaning, which by design aids and helps control thought...
I have no doubt about it

They wont take it from the peopleby force...theyre not stupid...they are profesional poloticians, with a kong end game and a view of social reengennerng down generations...
They dont have to take it from the people..
The fight for tmw starts in kindergarten...
Remove it from public, gov ect..
Have private companies work with them, sports orgs bann its view, so on..on private. Property....nascar tracks so on, hwve film companies, tv studios, edit, oe drop its view...so on..
All this has alresdy occiured in the lst weeks...
And keep the momentum going...it will pick up...
Rename schools, later much later prob re nwme the mil bases named after dead confederates..so on much later dig up dead confederate generals...so on..
The above has already bewn discussed by mayors..
There is really not much of anything that can stop it...in my opinion...
People are still free to own and fky it...and those who do will die off. And slowly but surely it will all but gone..
I dont see this as avoidible...
Now the den of theives and politicians have the momentum in doing it...
Stuff like this always in the end gives the state more power..its one of rhe reason the lwft et all support erasing history...the poloticians tighten their grip, the state, the coldest of cokd monsters increases its power....by indoctrination, by dictating symbolic use, which by extension controls meaning, which by design aids and helps control thought...
I have no doubt about it

Okay... to play the devils advocate though, what does it truly hurt to lose the flag from public and population? The ideals and beliefs are already integrated into the southern people, and it is a way of being...
I have no ability to fight for the government schools and the message that they tramp about... and their objectives...
However...
I have looked into what GA has going on and seems it is one of the few that does not seem to have a dog in... but it is young days still...maybe we got bit out of our system back in late '90s to early 2000.... who knows...

Okay... to play the devils advocate though, what does it truly hurt to lose the flag from public and population? The ideals and beliefs are already integrated into the southern people, and it is a way of being...
I have no ability to fight for the government schools and the message that they tramp about... and their objectives...
However...
I have looked into what GA has going on and seems it is one of the few that does not seem to have a dog in... but it is young days still...maybe we got bit out of our system back in late '90s to early 2000.... who knows...

Its just an excerscise
in thought control,by erasing hiwtory ...thats really all it is...the easier they can do it, the more they will do it...to re engeener society to even better wee sheep, thinking only what the state wishes them too, using only symbols the state deems they should..

Its just an excerscise
in thought control,by erasing hiwtory ...thats really all it is...the easier they can do it, the more they will do it...to re engeener society to even better wee sheep, thinking only what the state wishes them too, using only symbols the state deems they should..

I want to say you are wrong... but I look at history and see the future ... too many things are similar...

They have been working backwards for a long time now... now that the noose is being tightened more people are waking as others go under... but no enough... not by a long shoot ... but I have hope for the US that is does not go the way of other nations...

Its just an excerscise
What? Are you aware that there are museums? Are you aware that there are thousands of movies/books about it? In other words, the Confederate history is still there. You worry too much. LOL

3-x5-rebel-north-carolina-state-flag-e92b.jpg

What? Are you aware that there are museums? Are you aware that there are thousands of movies/books about it? In other words, the Confederate history is still there. You worry too much. LOL
Museums, movies, and books aren't immune to changes, censorship or "new management."

Museums, movies, and books aren't immune to changes, censorship or "new management."
What? You don't make sense. Once a Confederate flag is removed from the government, a museum will remove it as well? That's ridiculous. That's not how it works.

See, the Nazi flag and statues are banned in Germany and yet they don't ban the history of Nazi. They are everywhere in books, movies and museums for people who want to know about the history. Jews know that.

What? You don't make sense. Once a Confederate flag is removed from the government, a museum will remove it as well? That's ridiculous. That's not how it works.

See, the Nazi flag and statues are banned in Germany and yet they don't ban the history of Nazi. They are everywhere in books, movies and museums for people who want to know about the history. Jews know that.
Objects don't need to be removed from museums to change history's story. All they need to change is the text that describes each object.

Did you know that there are people who seriously deny that the Holocaust happened?

Did you know that museums routinely change out their exhibits?

Did you know that more movies and books can be produced that contradict existing historical movies and books?

Back