Confederate Flag

What does Confederate Rebel Flag means to you?

• A symbol of Civil War History

Votes: 41 25.8%
  • A symbol of racist

Votes: 44 27.7%
  • A symbol of Heritage (Civil War Veteran Generation)

Votes: 60 37.7%
  • Others - please specify

Votes: 14 8.8%

• Total voters
Every generation says that, it just means your old....
No, it means they are kids with no common sense. Will they get hired if they look for a job when they dress stupidly like that? NEVER!

No, it means they are kids with no common sense. Will they get hired if they look for a job when they dress stupidly like that? NEVER!

same thing was said aboit the kids of the 60s, and the gwneeation of the 70s, so on....
Really man...it just means you. Fot old...i do agree each generation by design has been purposeley dumbed down...
No doubt...
Thats just the state understanding its easier to control a stupod population then a smart one...
Schools....the states best weapon...

same thing was said aboit the kids of the 60s, and the gwneeation of the 70s, so on....
Really man...it just means you. Fot old...i do agree each generation by design has been purposeley dumbed down...
No doubt...
Thats just the state understanding its easier to control a stupod population then a smart one...
Schools....the states best weapon...
Yeah, one day the school sent my son home because he dressed like that. From then on, his big t-shirt covered it. I asked him wtf he dressed like that for and he told me to leave him alone. All I say is that he's one of many fools who copied rappers who had big influences on young generations with no common sense like him. It's called fashion. I call it low-class fashion.

Yeah, one day the school sent my son home because he dressed like that. From then on, his big t-shirt covered it. I asked him wtf he dressed like that for and he told me to leave him alone. All I say is that he's one of many fools who copied rappers who had big influences on young generations with no common sense like him. It's called fashion. I call it low-class fashion.

If he earns his own loot to psy for his own cloths, then well such is lofe...did you bring em up.in the hood or somethin?
Damn...
Lol...

If he earns his own loot to psy for his own cloths, then well such is lofe...did you bring em up.in the hood or somethin?
Damn...
Lol...
Well, my neighborhood has about 95% white residents. The issue was that his high school had about 30% black and 30% Mexican. I guess that's why he is what he is. He once joined the Mexican gang while he was in school. He almost died at the mall parking lot after school. Long story short, if his high school students were mostly white, it wouldn't ever happen.

You know that there are big failures at many schools in America as reported by national news.

The majority of Americans consider the Confederate battle flag a symbol of Southern pride rather than of racism, according to a new CNN/ORC poll

Nationally, 57 percent of Americans consider the flag a symbol of Southern pride, but opinions vary based on race, education and region. Among African-Americans, 72 percent see it as a symbol of racism, only 25 percent of whites agree.

Among white southerners, 75 percent describe the flag as a symbol of pride and 18 percent call it a symbol of racism, almost the exact reverse opinion of southern African-Americans. Eleven percent of southern blacks see it as a sign of pride and 75 percent view it as a symbol of racism.

A slim majority, 51 percent, of college-educated whites also view the flag as a symbol of pride, rather than racism. Forty-one percent of college-educated whites see it as a symbol of racism.

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/07/358...onfederate-battle-flag-symbol-southern-pride/
That's the big issue. They see it as a racist flag simply. Anyone of you, please don't think that all Blacks forgive what the white people in the South did. They are still pissed off. The flag doesn't bother me but it reminds them of cruel slavery in the South. Whose fault is it? The old Southerns! Did you know what happened if in the South, a slave won't do what the white owner said?

That's the big issue. They see it as a racist flag simply. Anyone of you, please don't think that all Blacks forgive what they did. They are still pissed off. The flag doesn't bother me but it reminds them of cruel slavery in the South. Whose fault is it? The old Southerns! Did you know what happened if in the South, a slave won't do what the white owner said?

Blacks were not the only ones enslaved, and treatment was not only bad in the south... I am sorry but I will not feel shame for something I did not do... I have never been a slave nor did I enslave anyone... it is time they got over it...
Blacks have more right than natives and have been treated better than natives, Irish, and Asians ever have... no sorry, instaed of keep apologizing and allowing the bad behavior over something they did not experience how about they cowboy/girl up and stop making excuses...
As a culture they feel that being ignorant is the proper thing, Ebonics is used because using proper English is being oppressed, but in truth now a days they oppress their self...

I had vacation in Panama City Beach (PCB) for 1 week and everything was great.

After media backlash, there are a lot of confederate flags flying in PCB and it is one of most flying, along with US flag.

CrazyPaul is spewing a lot of misinformation about confederate flags and southern states, so he doesn't bother to spend his time to research about true history about confederate flag and southern states.

When southern states seceded from the union, there were all union states have black slavery but Lincoln only goes after southern states - he didn't pay attention to northern states. Southern states were treated with double standard - it was okay for northern states to have slavery but it is not okay for southern states to have slavery. Fact, southern states were first time to abolish the slavery from during to after Civil War but northern states didn't abolish the slavery until 13th Amendment.

There are many people in the world symbolize US flag as racism, inequality, American exceptionalism, imperialism and islamphobia, but many people in the world don't see confederate flag as same way as US flag, except for racism. CP hasn't address about many people found US flag that is offensive and I have no doubt that he is enjoying to troll on us to undermine on southern states and disrespecting my ancestry.

CP, your statements about anti-confederate flag and insulting our region hasn't change all of other's way, also there are more people flying the confederate flag to protesting against you. I'm going gear up the confederate flag on my car and CP can't make me to remove it. HAHAHAHA!!!

That's the big issue. They see it as a racist flag simply. Anyone of you, please don't think that all Blacks forgive what the white people in the South did. They are still pissed off. The flag doesn't bother me but it reminds them of cruel slavery in the South. Whose fault is it? The old Southerns! Did you know what happened if in the South, a slave won't do what the white owner said?

White in northern states mistreated, lynched and discriminated the black people until Civil Rights Act passed in 1964.

Slavery existed in NORTHERN STATES after southern states abolished earlier.

Stop cover up the ugly history about northern states.

I don't care about how black people's view about confederate flag and most of them were indoctrinated by misled, modified pro-northern history lesson that scream on confederate flag as racism.

You don't see a real history lesson.

Personal life and work are separated.

You can wear whatever you want if you are not in work.

i reckon its just a massive ploy by us govt using spin doctors to accelerate their ill-fated gun change laws - using racism as the PC slapstick shyte....

White in northern states mistreated, lynched and discriminated the black people until Civil Rights Act passed in 1964.

Slavery existed in NORTHERN STATES after southern states abolished earlier.

Stop cover up the ugly history about northern states.

I don't care about how black people's view about confederate flag and most of them were indoctrinated by misled, modified pro-northern history lesson that scream on confederate flag as racism.

You don't see a real history lesson.
Okay, the main reason of the Civil War between the North and the South is?

There really is not a main reason... but if pushed it boils down to government and money... and yes slavery... slavery was more prevalent in the agricultural south... while the northern states were more industrial...
The south from the begining felt dissatisfied with the northern government and felt it did not understand the the needs and struggles...

However, with many things going such as states rights, abolishment movement, missouri compromise, Dred scott and brown ....the south became convinced that the north wanted to eradicate them... with Lincoln getting elected and his talks of even higher tariffs (which was a huge gripe of the aouth because these kept getting raised which benefited the jorth and only hurt the south) it became self evident that the south's fears were becoming realized and began succeeding from the union... however this was a huge cost against the union and so they had to fight to reunite it...

To say it was slavery is wrong, because by time lof the civil war enough issues have risen that the slave owners were becoming frightened of theor slaves and were freeing them...

My 25 yrs old son is one of them. Really sad, how this generation thinks it's cool. When he gets older, he will think it's not cool anymore. 90s-today are the worst generations I've ever seen.

My daughter step son wore his pants that way too, it's so dumb looking . Every generation of youth had some fashion statement people :roll: their eyes at. Teenage girls wore their button down sweaters backward to look sexier . I didn't b/c I wore a body style HA.

Money and state rights.

North started war at first place and Lincoln tried to make slavery as big issue for war between the North and the South, also the North cannot survive without the South because they need food, cotton and agriculture, otherwise, they have to import at higher price like Russia, North Korea and most European countries.

Most of your foods are from the South, California, Midwest (especially corn and wheat) and Latin America (most fruits).

You should find out about why Lincoln was assassinated, also I believe that Lincoln is blamed for establish the KKK and white supremacy organizations as retaliation for the North invasion of the South that caused torn apart. It can be easily resolved via negotiation to abolish the slavery and readmitted to the union without invoke the war.

My daughter step son wore his pants that way too, it's so dumb looking . Every generation of youth had some fashion statement people :roll: their eyes at. Teenage girls wore their button down sweaters backward to look sexier . I didn't b/c I wore a body style HA.

Yeah, I remember the backward sweaters, I can't remember if I wore mine like that or not, probably did. Don't think that is quite as offensive as the guys with the pants around the knees, though they do have on undershorts, thank God! :lol:

Money and state rights.

North started war at first place and Lincoln tried to make slavery as big issue for war between the North and the South, also the North cannot survive without the South because they need food, cotton and agriculture, otherwise, they have to import at higher price like Russia, North Korea and most European countries.

Most of your foods are from the South, California, Midwest (especially corn and wheat) and Latin America (most fruits).

You should find out about why Lincoln was assassinated, also I believe that Lincoln is blamed for establish the KKK and white supremacy organizations as retaliation for the North invasion of the South that caused torn apart. It can be easily resolved via negotiation to abolish the slavery and readmitted to the union without invoke the war.

The concept of white supremacy dates further than Lincoln, while he did believe in white supremacy (which was a very common thought back in the day) I am not sure I would a credit him with the kkk.... are you speculating or do you know if he did found an organization?
Otherwise I agree with you...

Back