Confederate Flag

What does Confederate Rebel Flag means to you?

• A symbol of Civil War History

Votes: 41 25.8%
  • A symbol of racist

Votes: 44 27.7%
  • A symbol of Heritage (Civil War Veteran Generation)

Votes: 60 37.7%
  • Others - please specify

Votes: 14 8.8%

• Total voters
what do you think rr

bb459d21d13d966e24a804bec28fe2ea.jpg

This is ridiculous!

The flags of the Confederacy that flew high over Fort Sumter, the site where the first shots of the Civil War were fired, have been taken down from the historic site.

The decision to remove the flags came from a directive by National Park Service Director Jonathan Jarvis in Washington, D.C. which reads: "Confederate flags shall not be flown in units of the National Park system and related sites with the exception of specific circumstances where the flags provide historic context. ... All superintendents and program managers should evaluate how Confederate flags are used ... and remove the flags where appropriate." "Shall not be flown" is the only text that appears in bold in the letter.

The site of the Civil War's first battle is clearly a "historic" one, but according to a Fort Sumter spokesperson, it doesn't qualify as a place where "flags provide historical context," local WMBF News reported.

After the initial order from Washington to remove the flags was handed down, NPS Director Jarvis provided "further guidance" the next day that put the onus for the decision on regional directors. Fort Sumter's Superintendent Timothy Stone did not reverse Jarvis' decision and the flags remain down.

Fort Sumter nixes all Confederate flags

Fort Sumter is where the Civil War started. How much more "historic context" do they need?

TV Land pulling The Dukes of Hazzard--more nuttiness. How did that show promote racism? Was it mentioned in anyone's manifesto? :roll:

TV Land pulling The Dukes of Hazzard--more nuttiness. How did that show promote racism? Was it mentioned in anyone's manifesto? :roll:

Seems to me...they are kissing a lot of azzes these days!....Gonna get worse...went to the $ Store today...Black Lives Matter was sprayed all over the building....

Seems to me...they are kissing a lot of azzes these days!....Gonna get worse...went to the $ Store today...Black Lives Matter was sprayed all over the building....
Rather odd too, in that all of a sudden all these companies and organizations are discovering the Confederate flag might be offensive to some people. Like, they got this revelation overnight. Apparently the flag was fine until the shooting in Charleston.

Either the flag has always been racist and hateful (in which case, why was it accepted by them previously?), or it's not racist and hateful (and shouldn't be banished).

Why are they giving so much power and influence to a punk racist killer?

Rather odd too, in that all of a sudden all these companies and organizations are discovering the Confederate flag might be offensive to some people. Like, they got this revelation overnight. Apparently the flag was fine until the shooting in Charleston.

Either the flag has always been racist and hateful (in which case, why was it accepted by them previously?), or it's not racist and hateful (and shouldn't be banished).

Feel they are using it as another stepping stone against Whites....Surely, some Black leaders were behind this....Good ol' Al and Jackson have seemed quiet right lately....and did read where when the KKK is gonna rally soon...and the Black Panthers are planning to be there too....and the burning of the Stars and Stripes in New York....God help your beautiful City!

Feel they are using it as another stepping stone against Whites....Surely, some Black leaders were behind this....Good ol' Al and Jackson have seemed quiet right lately….
I think they learned after the N. Charleston Walter Scott shooting, that if they were going to make trouble, they weren't welcome in this area. They were in town for the funerals of the Emanuel 9 but they stayed pretty quiet.

The few people who made trouble after the Emanuel shooting were from out of town.

and did read where when the KKK is gonna rally soon...and the Black Panthers are planning to be there too....and the burning of the Stars and Stripes in New York....God help your beautiful City!
I hope that the locals don't let the outsiders stir them up into trouble.

That is a good question , I think people should more concerned with how to keep people from bringing guns into schools , churches etc. The flag did not kill anyone and taking it down is not going to keep this from happen again, it's only going to cause more racial tension .

Read that top golfer that owns the dukes of hazard car is going to paint over the flag with the stars and stripes. That's stupid. Destroying movie and popular culture memorabilia that's privately owned. I grew up watching that show and there was nothing racist about it.
Removing flag from govt buildings vs private or historical use are totally different. Might as well send the car to the crusher....
Politically correct has gone way too far.

When my ex wife and I bought our house in Colorado Springs 13 years ago the neighbor (old widowed guy) had a Confederate Flag in his window, had my wife a little concerned. That was first time I was really aware what it meant. The flag disappeared after he saw my wife was Black. If it was not a symbol of racism or at least white superiority why did he remove it?. He died a few years after we moved in. Talked to him a few times briefly while we lived there.

I have seen White men wear their pants that way too. One White guy had his pants pulled down so far he had trouble walking
My 25 yrs old son is one of them. Really sad, how this generation thinks it's cool. When he gets older, he will think it's not cool anymore. 90s-today are the worst generations I've ever seen.

My 25 yrs old son is one of them. Really sad, how this generation thinks it's cool. When he gets older, heevery will think it's not cool anymore. 90s-today are the worst generations I've ever seen.

Every generation says that, it just means your old....

Back