Colorado vacation

deafclimber said:
heh...

i planned for many months to get myself ready for flying to RMNP for 7 day backpacking with 2 deafies and one hearing in summer of 1998 somehow i was told that i was going to be dad at wrong time. i dropped everything for my precious baby. :) but i havent planned for backpacking in RMNP yet. i am just obbessed on rockclimbing more and more than backpacking (rockclimbing for 12 yrs/backpacking since i was approx. 13 yrs old)... i do backpacking with climbing gear for some short weekends. but i need to break myself from climbing and do backpacking for a long week or 2 wks again sometimes. :)
AWW! but you will get your dream back again sometime soon!! I used to hate outdoor so much. I'm more of city girl for many years until my husband convienced me to go on vacation with him at the mtns and etc.. I realized how beautiful it is and very natural and i cant say no to it now!! I fall in love with backpacking and everything!!! :)

I want to go to Estes Park so badly but never went there. grrr.. I have seen the website of Estes park.. Beautiful! One of my goals is to go there one day.. :)

its also a beautiful place to elope too.. so romantic in case yall didnt know?? :) hehe..

I haven't been in colorado in many years but I remember its a beautiful state and yes, the mountains are huge!! I cant imagine walking all the way from west side to east side of the mountains!! LOL

My son will go to that mountain again. I wish I should bring you, smileygin, there in first place but too late. We went to Denver that really sucks. Because you were not feeling good. Only two hours to be there from my home. If you want to come I can bring you there seesighting? I wish my dream comes true I would bring you there. Jeez... :)

Myself from colorado, Which hotel did u stay in Estes Park?? The Stanley Hotel?? that hotel sure creeps me out

LisaMarie said:
Hi ya all to answer some of your question. We stayed in Estate Park, Co. Such a cute town! I love it!! The mtn is in Rocky mtn. WE hiked, camped and do some sight seeing in Rocky Moutain. Its HUGEEEEEEEEEEE!! WHOA! I love it! I'll go there again next year!!! This time it will be longer!!

The 1st picture i have that picture too. Im curious if you have seen moose or deer roaming around the town?? Im sure u have seen Mooses laying down and relaxing next to a food store

LisaMarie said:
thought id show some more! lol

Oakley_04 said:
Myself from colorado, Which hotel did u stay in Estes Park?? The Stanley Hotel?? that hotel sure creeps me out

LMAO ! good ones ! i didnt know it was near estes park. i thought it was somewhere in southwest of co.

I also had been there and also touched 14,400 ft at Pikes Peak Mt few times. Little oxygen draws me crazy! I have been in Colorado all of my life I travel there many times all year. Also Steamboat and Blackhawk are very beautiful places too. :)

Dont you all see what it said below my avatar? Its Rocky Mountain!

Lisa Marie, thanks for shairng your photos of your Colorado trip. Your photos are awesome, especially glaciers in the mountains. :thumb: I went to Denver and Boulder for a quick vacation about 8 years ago. Boulder is one of my favorite place.

Oakley_04 said:
HEY I DIDNT STAY AT THE HOTEL. WE ALL CAMPED OUT AT KOA CAMPGROUND. CUTE KABIN! CHEAP!!! GOOD FOR FAMILIES! COME TO A SHOCK I COULDNT FIND A OUTDOOR SWIMMING POOL!!!!! I WAS SURPRISED THE TOWN DONT HAVE A SWIMMING POOL BUT ONLY INDOOR!

Seattle.guy said:
Lisa Marie, thanks for shairng your photos of your Colorado trip. Your photos are awesome, especially glaciers in the mountains. :thumb: I went to Denver and Boulder for a quick vacation about 8 years ago. Boulder is one of my favorite place.
UR WELCOME! (OOPS I DIDNT REALIZE I HAVE MY CAPS ON!HEHE)Ahh much better! grins. i just found out my scanner isnt work! :( so im out of luck to scan some pictures from Glaceria! SIGH!

starrygaze said:
I also had been there and also touched 14,400 ft at Pikes Peak Mt few times. Little oxygen draws me crazy! I have been in Colorado all of my life I travel there many times all year. Also Steamboat and Blackhawk are very beautiful places too. :)

Dont you all see what it said below my avatar? Its Rocky Mountain!
yes its pretty thin air but come to a surprise im able to do everything! I mean i dont pass out or get sick from thin air. My friend passed out twice! I had to take her ER not good day but after that it was great week! She realized she has to take it easy if she felt too much pressure then she need to stop and take a break...

Oakley_04 said:
The 1st picture i have that picture too. Im curious if you have seen moose or deer roaming around the town?? Im sure u have seen Mooses laying down and relaxing next to a food store
i saw many many many big elk? ( i think?? hah) i saw alot of deers, wild animals! i just posted some pictures of them.. i think its in there? let me check..

Oooh, pretty pictures! I live in southern Wyoming, but spend a lot of time in Boulder, which is only about 35 miles away from Estes Park. I'll miss Colorado a lot when I leave, but maybe I'll come back to live here in the future. :)

ayala920 said:
Oooh, pretty pictures! I live in southern Wyoming, but spend a lot of time in Boulder, which is only about 35 miles away from Estes Park. I'll miss Colorado a lot when I leave, but maybe I'll come back to live here in the future. :)
oh I thought Wymoing is beautiful as well!! What part do you live? just curious. :) you can pm me if u want to.

ayala920 said:

I know your small hometown is surrounded by mountains. Its beautiful out there you should know that snowy range is the beautiful place. I know Este Mt is not far from you! Why not to live in Snowy range mountain?

Back