Colorado vacation

GalaxyAngel said:
wow... Did you touch snow frozen ? Feels icy???
the weather is warm but the snowis kinda cold... not icy just cold snow. ha we actually had snowball fight in july! how werid is that! lol

LisaMarie said:
oh yeah i went ther also! i took some pictures of them!!! i stayed there for a night!! long and hard hiking but i enjoyed it!!! the pixes are long peak mtns.

2nd PHOTO: YES ! see that shape of diamond on long peak ? that is where ppl do rock climbing on that wall ! yea there is other side that we can hike from the base to top, but not on diamondback cuz it is just wall... did u see beautiful keyhole ? :)

deafclimber said:
2nd PHOTO: YES ! see that shape of diamond on long peak ? that is where ppl do rock climbing on that wall ! yea there is other side that we can hike from the base to top, but not on diamondback cuz it is just wall... did u see beautiful keyhole ? :)
i didnt make that far yet. Thats why i want to come bac and finish this!! i heard it was sooooo beautiful!! near top of long peak.. you can see all over once u reach keyhole on the top of long peak

Great photos, it looks like you had a great outdoor adventure! Indeed, Colorado is beautiful, especially anywhere near the mountains, the views are breath-taking! Sure looks like a nice cozy cabin you stayed in...were there other cabins nearby as well? You mentioned hiking, how much did you do? I sure miss hiking myself--maybe I'll be sure to 'add that to my list of things to do next year'--although, it won't be on the top of the list, the date: 07-07-07 comes first! :D

Anyhow, glad that you had a wonderful time and thanks for sharing your adventure and photos with us. ;)

LisaMarie said:
i didnt make that far yet. Thats why i want to come bac and finish this!! i heard it was sooooo beautiful!! near top of long peak.. you can see all over once u reach keyhole on the top of long peak

dang it ! i am curious what time did u get up to hit a hike for long peak ?

ppl warn us to start a hike at 2 am to 4 am to the summit. it wud take about 14 to 16 hrs round trip.

RR, yea i love backpacking we shud try backpacking in RMNP next time ! :)

I got up at around 6am but gave up around 2p (up the hill) and went back down..around 7p because i was sooo burned out. Im not used to a long and HARD hiking so I learned my lesson My husband and his friends made it all way up. They camped there for a night. I came back with girlfriends. I told my girlfriend i gotta work out and exersice more often then i can come bac and MAKE IT ALL WAY UP!!! LOL!!! By the way, Did you ever went to Glaceria national park in Montona? ITS A CHAMP!!! I went there with bunch of my cousins and uncle. We went white water raft and hiking all up in Glaceria. I'll try to scan some more pictures from Glaciera vacation but they are all packed since im moving next month.. so ill try my best to find them and scan them!

LisaMarie said:
I got up at around 6am but gave up around 2p (up the hill) and went back down..around 7p because i was sooo burned out. Im not used to a long and HARD hiking so I learned my lesson My husband and his friends made it all way up. They camped there for a night. I came back with girlfriends. I told my girlfriend i gotta work out and exersice more often then i can come bac and MAKE IT ALL WAY UP!!! LOL!!!

ahhh ! that explained.. :) next time u can do it ! :) be sure to bring alot of waters and energic foods.

By the way, Did you ever went to Glaceria national park in Montona? ITS A CHAMP!!! I went there with bunch of my cousins and uncle. We went white water raft and hiking all up in Glaceria. I'll try to scan some more pictures from Glaciera vacation but they are all packed since im moving next month.. so ill try my best to find them and scan them!

nope i havent gone further north above colorado yet. maybe next year i ll try rock climbing at devil's tower in wy and black hills in iowa but not sure if glacaria has rock climbing area... i ll find out more info about that area. i must climb wherever i go around world. that would make my hands more happy. :)

LisaMarie said:
hehe yeah!!! Im such a BAD speller!! I think im the WORST speller in this ALLDEAF! LOL!!!!

Lol, LM and Deafclimber; I just wanted to be sure so I and maybe others don't spend a week looking all over creation for Estate Park! LOL!

thought id show some more! lol

Attachments

• IMG_0274.JPG
    IMG_0274.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0139.JPG
    IMG_0139.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0245.JPG
    IMG_0245.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0266.JPG
    IMG_0266.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 16
Yes you are right! I did bring ALOT of water and energic foods such as power bar, dried fruits, trail mix and etc.. I LOVE my backpack! I bought it recently and glad to have it with me! Its camel backpack with water hose in my mouth so i dont have to stop by and take water out! nice and right there for me to drink out of my backpack, cool,eh?

Black hills is in South Dakota, :) We went to Devil tower's in WY. There was alot of rock climber when i visited! Glaceria has alot of climber.. I'll ask my husband which mtn that you can climb on. im not for sure which one but i know there are alot of climber when i went there hiking. I was there hiking for 3 days and my feet was so swollen!! but worth it!!! :)

cool... do u know where lumpy ridge mtn is ? that was backyard of estes park where my partner and i climbed in there in summer of 2003.

Tousi said:
Lol, LM and Deafclimber; I just wanted to be sure so I and maybe others don't spend a week looking all over creation for Estate Park! LOL!

shhh shhh keep quite ! :io:

:)

Tousi said:
LOL YEAH! and know what? i found a picture with town name and ididnt even bother to check how to spell this correctly! LOL!!!

LisaMarie said:
Yes you are right! I did bring ALOT of water and energic foods such as power bar, dried fruits, trail mix and etc.. I LOVE my backpack! I bought it recently and glad to have it with me! Its camel backpack with water hose in my mouth so i dont have to stop by and take water out! nice and right there for me to drink out of my backpack, cool,eh?

Black hills is in South Dakota, :) We went to Devil tower's in WY. There was alot of rock climber when i visited! Glaceria has alot of climber.. I'll ask my husband which mtn that you can climb on. im not for sure which one but i know there are alot of climber when i went there hiking. I was there hiking for 3 days and my feet was so swollen!! but worth it!!! :)

SWEET ! ok yea i wud like to know the name of mtns where rockclimbers can climb in up there. i should look at my rockclimbing forum website to gather the info about the areas at Glaceria. :)

as ADers, we should get together for a long week backpacking somewhere in rocky mtns sometimes !

deafclimber said:
SWEET ! ok yea i wud like to know the name of mtns where rockclimbers can climb in up there. i should look at my rockclimbing forum website to gather the info about the areas at Glaceria. :)

as ADers, we should get together for a long week backpacking somewhere in rocky mtns sometimes !
ooh yeah! That would be AWESOME! I miss backpacking already! I vow myself to go there every year with my boys when they are growing up older enough to go on without stop so much. My older son who is 3 yeras old LOVES to go on backpacking with me but of course I'll take him to a begininger to start him off and then he can get idea. I vow myself to teach my 2 boys learn how to love outdoor and respect outdoor more often.
I like your idea about aders get together for a long wknd backpackin!! I suggest ROcky mtn!! ITS the B E S T place to do everything at ONE place!

heh...

i planned for many months to get myself ready for flying to RMNP for 7 day backpacking with 2 deafies and one hearing in summer of 1998 somehow i was told that i was going to be dad at wrong time. i dropped everything for my precious baby. :) but i havent planned for backpacking in RMNP yet. i am just obbessed on rockclimbing more and more than backpacking (rockclimbing for 12 yrs/backpacking since i was approx. 13 yrs old)... i do backpacking with climbing gear for some short weekends. but i need to break myself from climbing and do backpacking for a long week or 2 wks again sometimes. :)

Back