College class

I've signed up for a couple accounting courses. I only need one more. :)

energy said:
I guess its kinda too late for me to post cuz this is my last semester and its already the end of the semester but here goes.... also BTW this is my first post on here too!!!

1) Automatic Control Engineering
2) Engineering Instrumentation
3) Computer Aided Manufacture
4) Engineering and Society
5) Ferrous and Non-Ferrous Metals
6) Design Project

They all sound like very hard courses, but they are interesting and challenging. I assume they are Mechanical Engineering.

I am thinking about taking a woodworking course at a community college on evenings this Fall.

In the fall, I will be taking the following classes:

1. Intro to sign language
2. Social Problems (Sociology)
3. Psychology of the Execeptional Child
4. Art History 1

Here are the course descriptions from the course catalogue:

Introduction to Sign Language: introduction to basic sign language with emphasis on the development of expressive and receptive signing skills. Exploration of the fundamentals of deaf culture, American Sign Language, and the models of communication used by deaf persons.

Social Problems: an introduction to Sociology through an examination of what society considers to be social problems with a view toward showing how society produces these phenomena and to what extent they are solvable. Areas include: crime, mental illness, drug abuse, alcoholism, other forms of deviance, poverty, racism, conflicts over power.

Psychology of the execeptional child: an introduction and overview of the human development of persons with the full range of disabilities and special health care needs, including the gifted, and the effect of these disabilities and needs of learning and behavior. Emphasis will consider skills in networking and collaborating with and multidisciplinary teams for services, and the necessity of following legislative procedures to acess and maintain services. The course will address the utilization of assistive technologies that maximize independence as well as concerns related to cultural diversity and inclusion.

History of Art 1: an in-depth study of painting, sculpture and architecture from prehistoric to the late 13th century, exploring the relationship of the visual arts to the religious, social, and cultural milieu of each historical period.

Back