College class

I'm not exaclty sure if I should be posting in this thread, but my fall schedule will consists of:

English Composition 1-Everyone knows this course. It will be my 4th attempt at this class. :roll:
Intro to Psychology-I was lucky to get into this class, as the next week, all Psych 101 classes had been filled.
Oral Communications-I'm dreading this class, as I hate public speaking, and I see no point in it. Although, it is required for my degree.
A yet to be determined Fine Arts class-I'm trying to find something I can actually enjoy, but it looks like I will be forced to repeat Music Appreciation. I find this a waste of time, and wish I could take another course.

My schedule will consist of classes for the whole day on Monday and Wednesday, and only half a day on Fridays. I'm very excited about it.

Although I already have some credits towards my degree, I am still considered a Freshman. I plan on finishing my Liberal Arts AS degree in 3 semesters, and after that its off to an ITP.

since i'm going to be a biology major, i'll be taking:

Chemistry 14A: Equilibrium, Acids, and Bases
Physics 6A: Mechanics
Art History 55A: Intro to African Arts

Help..im gonna die this fall quarter

guido said:
I'm not exaclty sure if I should be posting in this thread, but my fall schedule will consists of:

English Composition 1-Everyone knows this course. It will be my 4th attempt at this class. :roll:
Intro to Psychology-I was lucky to get into this class, as the next week, all Psych 101 classes had been filled.
Oral Communications-I'm dreading this class, as I hate public speaking, and I see no point in it. Although, it is required for my degree.
A yet to be determined Fine Arts class-I'm trying to find something I can actually enjoy, but it looks like I will be forced to repeat Music Appreciation. I find this a waste of time, and wish I could take another course.

My schedule will consist of classes for the whole day on Monday and Wednesday, and only half a day on Fridays. I'm very excited about it.

Although I already have some credits towards my degree, I am still considered a Freshman. I plan on finishing my Liberal Arts AS degree in 3 semesters, and after that its off to an ITP.

English Comp I was easy.. and I had English Comp II... it was also easy,,, Creativity Writing was little harder and lots of researches...
SxyPorkie

SxyPorkie said:
English Comp I was easy.. and I had English Comp II... it was also easy,,, Creativity Writing was little harder and lots of researches...
SxyPorkie

I have no doubt its easy, but I've been forced to withdraw twice, and failed once because of apathy.

guido said:
I have no doubt its easy, but I've been forced to withdraw twice, and failed once because of apathy.

The mark of brilliance, so they say! I'm paraphrasing a friend of mine who once told me, "You're not brilliant unless you've been on academic probation at least once."

Endymion said:
The mark of brilliance, so they say! I'm paraphrasing a friend of mine who once told me, "You're not brilliant unless you've been on academic probation at least once."
Ah, another rite of passage during Gally I underwent! The memories are a little bit hazy, though! :lol:

Endymion said:

I need to remember that one...

Wow. You guys, good luck with your courses! I am finished with my AAS. Not ASS :whistle: . Whew!
I sort of like my Liberal Arts, and it was hard. I made all the way for my degree.

me_punctured said:
Intriguing minds want to know... ;)
Ask and ye shall receive!

As it may come to no surprise to all, Gallaudet has an excellent social life. For one glorious semester, I just zoned out of school work and zeroed on all the winery, dinery, and chicanery on campus! Van Wilder would be so proud. :cheers:

Almost flatlined my grades during that semester. Luckily for me, my cumulative GPA was still above 2.0, I was allowed to remain on campus under 'probation'. Made a mental adjustment in my academic approach, to do a trifling amount of school work just to get by. That, and scheduling classes no earlier than 12 noon. ;)

Oh- For the prospective Gallaudet students on this board, don't follow my lead. The world's a competitive place outside of your little 'cocoon' at Gallaudet, like it or not. Grades do matter. True dat.

Eyeth said:
Oh- For the prospective Gallaudet students on this board, don't follow my lead. The world's a competitive place outside of your little 'cocoon' at Gallaudet, like it or not. Grades do matter. True dat.

All work and no play makes Eyeth a dull eye,
All play and no work makes Eyeth an infected eye!

In the fall, I will be taking the following classes:

1. Intro to sign language
2. Social Problems (Sociology)
3. Psychology of the Execeptional Child
4. Art History 1

I went to see my VR counselor today. I told her I wanted to finish my degree. She said since we don't have all the paperwork done, I could still take just one class this fall and then I can go full time in the Spring semester when all the paperwork are done and have more money to cover my school supplies, etc. My entire tuition will be waived by Texas. I am too excited!!!

I have about 2 years left. My major is Graphic Design. I am not sure which class I will take this fall, I have to pick up the fall class bulletin (or whatever the hell it is called down here) and look at all the classes they have available for my major.

It will be nice to finally have some sort of everyday routine back in my life again.

I will be going to San Antonio College. They seem to have the classes that I need, unlike St. Philips College where my boyfriend went to. I have chosen not to go to UTSA because I don't want to have to take stupid classes that has NOTHING to do with my major, I don't have the time. This one is a 2 year college, if I understood right. Besides, UTSA is too far away on the other side of town where Six Flags is, and it is a VERY long bus ride there. SAC is right downtown. And I do not like where SPC is located, I am worried for my safety at night.

So, I just gotta run by my audie and have him sign the tuition waiver paper stating that I AM deaf so I will be eligible for the waiver, then send it out to Austin. Should hear from them in 2 weeks, and then I can register for the class I want. I won't have the pell grant for the fall semester though, so I will not have my school supplies covered. But I will be sure not to choose a class that will require books (I can handle art supplies) and ask my grandma to help me out in that area. She has done that for me in the past, and I really love her for that.

The rest of the paperwork will be taken care of in late August for the Spring Semester.

I'm excited!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

SJCSue said:
In the fall, I will be taking the following classes:

1. Intro to sign language
2. Social Problems (Sociology)
3. Psychology of the Execeptional Child
4. Art History 1

I'm very envious of this schedule. Wanna trade? :deal:

Summer I've got:
Psychology of Social Justice
Deviant Behavior
Deaf Studies
Family Communications

For Fall I've got:

Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences
Research methods in psychology
Linguistics: the nature of language
Anthropology: Cultural contact and change

Eyeth said:
That, and scheduling classes no earlier than 12 noon.;)

I wish! Gallaudet apparently didn't look very closely at my grades from my first stint in college, and gave me a MWF class at 8 am. Eek!

I guess its kinda too late for me to post cuz this is my last semester and its already the end of the semester but here goes.... also BTW this is my first post on here too!!!

1) Automatic Control Engineering
2) Engineering Instrumentation
3) Computer Aided Manufacture
4) Engineering and Society
5) Ferrous and Non-Ferrous Metals
6) Design Project

energy said:
I guess its kinda too late for me to post cuz this is my last semester and its already the end of the semester but here goes.... also BTW this is my first post on here too!!!

1) Automatic Control Engineering
2) Engineering Instrumentation
3) Computer Aided Manufacture
4) Engineering and Society
5) Ferrous and Non-Ferrous Metals
6) Design Project

Welcome to AD. May I ask, what is your major?

All this discussion reminds me of my college days :D Those are carefree days when I dont worry about bills and working 8 hr days stuck in a building....Enjoy college while you can :)

I maybe will go back to school but this time on the web so I dont have to go to classes and fall asleep during lectures which I did all the time back in those good old days. ;)

I also remember that we, graduated students, got free bus rides to the malls and groceries during weekends. Now, it is not free rides. What a sad!

Back