Cochlear recalls Nucleus CI500

Whoa. Not quite true. China has hundreds of different dialects, but the Chinese people don't "choose one so they can understand each other." People in different regions speak their own language and/or dialect.

no..... The Chinese especially government chose ONE language which is called MANDARIN so that the entire country can communicate with each other.
So.. you mean Yes... one language, many dialects..
There are many sign languages around the world but the exception is that ASL is pretty much the only complete language with its own syntax and grammar.
:shock:Oh, off course.. AMERICAN sign language.. Yes... that MUST be the ONLY one... NO matter the French came over and taught it to the Americans....

the school didn't teach me any other languages :lol:
That's a pitty... So, therefore, ASL is the one and only world-wide...:shock:

:shock:Oh, off course.. AMERICAN sign language.. Yes... that MUST be the ONLY one... NO matter the French came over and taught it to the Americans....

You're welcome to start your own sign language. Just gotta create a new language that is not based on any spoken language. :lol:

You're welcome to start your own sign language. Just gotta create a new language that is not based on any spoken language. :lol:
HUH.. where did that come from..
I have absolutely no intention to create a new language. The French already did a great job... No need to invent the wheel again...

("Laurant Clerc: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Laurent-Clerc-Story-Early-Years/dp/0930323238"]The Story of His Early Years" by Cathryn Carroll - 2002[/ame])

That's a pitty... So, therefore, ASL is the one and only world-wide...:shock:

No, there is LSQ, Auslan, SSL, FSL, and many more.

Maybe I am ignorant but is there is a Norweigian sign language?

I know that there is a Swedish one.

My best friend who is deaf has a sister living in Norway. I could ask her but she may not be as well aware about deafness there as Cloggy might be.

Maybe I am ignorant but is there is a Norweigian sign language?

I know that there is a Swedish one.
Absolutely.. Norwegian Sign Language / Norsk Tegnspråk
That's what they taught me, my wife, Lotte, her brother and her sister...

btw.. look here..

btw.. look here..

Then I would suggest using Norwegian Sign Language instead of ASL if you wish.

btw.. look here..

Ok..

Right, no need to teach nor expose Lotte to ASL but expose her to NSL?

Then I would suggest using Norwegian Sign Language instead of ASL if you wish.

Well...there would be no need for Lotte to learn ASL but yes, I would strongly encourage her to get exposed to NSL.

Just like exposing American deaf children to ASL a nd English.

Mexican children to Spanish and SSL...

and so on...

Ok..

Right, no need to teach nor expose Lotte to ASL but expose her to NSL?
:naughty:Well, I could have used time to explain that ASl is of TOTALLY NO USE to Lotte here in Norway, but I thought that if I think of ASL as "Signlanguage".. all will be OK..:cool2:

Well...there would be no need for Lotte to learn ASL but yes, I would strongly encourage her to get exposed to NSL.
Just like exposing American deaf children to ASL a nd English. Mexican children to Spanish and SSL... and so on...
I know you would.. You and many others...

:naughty:Well, I could have used time to explain that ASl is of TOTALLY NO USE to Lotte here in Norway, but I thought that if I think of ASL as "Signlanguage".. all will be OK..:cool2:

but you and family members can use it with Lotte. It will be beneficial for Lotte too because once she becomes an independent adult... she can meet around with ASLers anywhere, anytime. It's always great to be a bilingual.... and even trilingual.

btw.. look here..

I wasn't aware of Norwegian Sign Language because you kept us beating around the bush about ASL :roll:

Back