Cochlear Implantation Surgery 7/28/15

Here is hoping that your activation is more successful than your wildest dreams!

WOW....your surgery site looks amazing. So happy to hear you are doing so well. You're so lucky the surgeon didn't go crazy with the shaving of your hair. Surgeons are so different when it comes to CI surgery and activation time frame. My surgeon makes me wait a total of six weeks before activation. I'm hoping to convince him to do it sooner. Best of luck to you on this new journey. I think you will do great.

Thanks Angel. I'm sore in places I didn't expect haha my throat, from the breathing tube and my sides and abs. Weird. Do you have Cochlear or AB? I forget. I was wondering if they did different incisions for different brands. Six weeks huh, oh I'd be so impatient! I'd be trying to convince him to bump it up too!! It's a little bizarre, my follow up appointment with the Doc isn't for another week after my activation.

Here is hoping that your activation is more successful than your wildest dreams!

I'm expecting things to sound strange and for me to have to do auditory rehab to get used to my new way of hearing. I'm expecting work not magic ;) but I'm going to thank you anyway :ty:

Don't tell her that her wildest dreams are all about Channing Tatum!!! :laugh2:

Ambrosia your lucky the surgeon did a very good job. I couldn't even wash my hair for 7 days after surgery talk about feeling nasty ugh

Yeah no stitches or staples, surgical glue, so I can get it wet. Just had to wait 24 hours. I suspect there might be stitches on the inside.

Oh!! And my wildest dreams all involve Jensen Ackles now ;)

Don't tell her that her wildest dreams are all about Channing Tatum!!! :laugh2:

Ambrosia your lucky the surgeon did a very good job. I couldn't even wash my hair for 7 days after surgery talk about feeling nasty ugh

:lol: I needed to specify just the CI dreams???

You are lucky that your scar is small and right behind ear. My scar is huge and visible when I put my hair up. I had surgery about 25 years ago.

Glad to see you are up and bouncing around! :)

Now I bet you are counting the minutes to activation lol

Glad to see you are up and bouncing around! :)

Now I bet you are counting the minutes to activation lol

Oh no, no bouncing yet haha a little ouchy for that ;) I am!! I'm pretty nervous for it too!

I'm glad that your surgery went well, and your healing seems to be going along well. I hope your wait for activation flies by. :)

Thanks Angel. I'm sore in places I didn't expect haha my throat, from the breathing tube and my sides and abs. Weird. Do you have Cochlear or AB? I forget. I was wondering if they did different incisions for different brands. Six weeks huh, oh I'd be so impatient! I'd be trying to convince him to bump it up too!! It's a little bizarre, my follow up appointment with the Doc isn't for another week after my activation.

Hey Ambrosia, just found out my activation date is the 12th same as yours. I went with Cochlear N6 since I already had Cochlear in my left ear.

Are you feeling better? I just had an ear ache for the first few days. This time around was so much better.

Meh, it's not tooooo bad, but I have like no appetite. Swelling all around that side of my head, neck and face. Not huge swelling, just some, so it feels a little tight and uncomfortable. It's not so bad though really, mostly just uncomfortable. Know what I mean?

Meh, it's not tooooo bad, but I have like no appetite. Swelling all around that side of my head, neck and face. Not huge swelling, just some, so it feels a little tight and uncomfortable. It's not so bad though really, mostly just uncomfortable. Know what I mean?

Ice packs help the swelling!

I'm glad that your surgery went great! It'd be worthy. :)

EDIT: And welcome back too!

Hey Amber, I know exactly what you mean. I had zero appetite for about a week....nice though lost more weight:giggle: I just have a slight earache so I keep a cotton ball in my ear because the AC bothers it a little. I just have to remind myself that we did just have major surgery and it will take a little while to feel like our old self again.

Back