Cochlear Implantation Surgery 7/28/15

I was starting to wonder how it went. Super happy that they worked out great :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AllDeaf App mobile app

It's been 5.5 months since my activation. I had a mapping today, we did a hearing test, which I really wish I'd gotten a copy or pic of, and speech discrimination tests. I got 99% in quiet and 69% in noise. So awesome!!!!

Also we upgraded my Nadia Q70s to the Q90 software and found out I can trade my 110 batteries in for the new batteries that came out with the Q90. They're minis, so the 110 last me like 10ish hours, I can trade them for the 230 minis that are about the same size as the 110s but last all damn day. So cool, so cool!!!

Loving my CI!!!!

I've been wondering how you were doing. That is great and I am so, so happy for you that things turned out how you wanted them to.

Email your audi. Many of them can provide mapping visit records in PDF format according to another site that I get on.

Thank you!!! Me too haha results have been better than I expected!!

I started a new job in December and I rarely even tell clients I'm deaf anymore. It's a pretty non issue now :) started at a wicked nice brand new spa. The interview was in October, 1.5 months post activation and I nailed it!!! We didn't open until December. I get paid twice as much as I getting paid at Elements, but we're still so new it's pretty slow so since I get paid per massage not by the hour I'm not making more.....yet lol I did 3 today!! Two 80 mins and one 50 min, I made $205.90. Sweeeeet just need to do that every day :D I'll get there.

But I'm very confident that having a CI helped me get the job. I've been blown off by enough potential employers to know the nicer spas were scared to hire me -_- assholes. There is a guy working there that's hoh, he has severe loss and wears has. But hoh and deaf are two horses of different colors.

Oh yeah!!! So about 3 weeks ago I started doing p90x3 again. It was my first time working out since my surgery, yeah I've been lazy. I was laughing and laughing. Since I'm the closest thing to my CI sounds I make are rather loud and exaggerated. I sounded like Darth Vader breathing when I was panting :D I still get a kick out of that!

I've been wondering how you were doing. That is great and I am so, so happy for you that things turned out how you wanted them to.

I'm dumb. Up there ^^^^^^ I just realized I quoted Jane, I meant to quote you :D doh!!! So that other post was for you. Oops

Oh yeah!!! So about 3 weeks ago I started doing p90x3 again. It was my first time working out since my surgery, yeah I've been lazy. I was laughing and laughing. Since I'm the closest thing to my CI sounds I make are rather loud and exaggerated. I sounded like Darth Vader breathing when I was panting :D I still get a kick out of that!
I started working out again also, Heavy lifting and I cant stand my breathing... I connect my mini mic to the laptop and stream youtube music.

I go for my combined, 1 year mapping Feb 15th.
first ci was 12/2014 and the second was 3/2015 so they figured 2/2016 would be in the middle there...lol

last test was 90% in quiet environment and 88% in noisy environment. We will see what happens as I am going to a new audiologist since my original audi pissed me off.

I go for my combined, 1 year mapping Feb 15th.
first ci was 12/2014 and the second was 3/2015 so they figured 2/2016 would be in the middle there...lol

last test was 90% in quiet environment and 88% in noisy environment. We will see what happens as I am going to a new audiologist since my original audi pissed me off.

You can understand speech in noise basically as well as you do in quiet? A difference of only 2% That's weird, and amazing!!

Happy things are going well for you!

You can understand speech in noise basically as well as you do in quiet? A difference of only 2% That's weird, and amazing!!
yes, but it takes work... I really concentrate on it during the tests, but I think in part is my family is loud so it helps I guess. I am starting to listen to a lot more music now that I can make it out better, and getting better as time goes by.

I am hoping the next mapping with this new audi will be better than before, as the old audi didnt listen to me at all and after they have lied to my face all year, they got the boot.

Back