Closed Captioned Glasses and Regal Cinemas

The glasses I used were not tinted. However, the captions were kind of a neon color and you need to keep them below the screen or on the dark background to see them well. I didn't notice any adjustment for this, but I didn't look for it.

Mine had brightness adjustments. The green lettering was annoying. Also I hated that the words move when you move your head.

Holy cow that much? I'm sorry but I'm having a hard time believing that since pretty much anyone from a 5 year old to a 100 year can use those without signing an insurance form. When I got the glasses I just had to enter my address and name and that was it.

Where did you hear it costs that much? Using that math assuming the movie ticket is 12 bucks it would take 150 movies just to break even assuming all $12 is pure profit. Just doesn't add up to me. :hmm:

I actually did have to sign an insurance form.

I just brought $300 Oakley Sunglasses and I thought that was expensive. hahaha

yea your eyes are more important, right?

it's expensive because it's designed to filter out harmful UV effectively. $20 sunglasses is just a show... all it's got is tinted glasses but it does not actually filter out UV quite well so you end up harming your eyes even worse.

I need to get sunglasses with prescription asap. just waiting for my vision insurance to kick in. it's as expensive as your Oakley's but at least I don't have to pay for it :lol:

I love my Oakley's. I can take the lens out. And that was my main reason for getting them. i wanted quality sunglasses with UV protection. None of those cheap pairs ever have it.

Any motorcycle lovers would love them, They are called Ducati Wind Jacket. What I love about them I can take the lens out and switch them with other lens. Awesome feature.

Sorry for going off topic, Ambrosia *blushes*

I love my Oakley's. I can take the lens out. And that was my main reason for getting them. i wanted quality sunglasses with UV protection. None of those cheap pairs ever have it.

Any motorcycle lovers would love them, They are called Ducati Wind Jacket. What I love about them I can take the lens out and switch them with other lens. Awesome feature.

Sorry for going off topic, Ambrosia *blushes*
whoa. cool. thanks for link! maybe I'll want this one!

TiatsrZ.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if the lens can be replaced with prescription lens that suitable for you, Jiro.

Wouldn't hurt to check it out.

Mine had brightness adjustments. The green lettering was annoying. Also I hated that the words move when you move your head.

I agree. I'm wondering whether Google glass can solve the problem. It should be fairly easy to log into a web site and get the captions.

I wouldn't be surprised if the lens can be replaced with prescription lens that suitable for you, Jiro.

Wouldn't hurt to check it out.

I've done it before. I bought some cheap sunglasses because I like the frame. and then I took it to glasses store for prescription lens.

I lost that sunglasses though..... :mad2:

Hey, TX; been a while, man! Anyway, guess what? I used those glasses once or twice. The last time I did, I had to go to the bathroom and while there, I put on the glasses and guess what!? Yup, the CC was streaming, lol.....no picture, tho that I recall. :lol:

The glasses I used were not tinted. However, the captions were kind of a neon color and you need to keep them below the screen or on the dark background to see them well. I didn't notice any adjustment for this, but I didn't look for it.

OH I was talking about the ones in the videos someone posted, that pick up the invisible to the naked eye captions :)

Hey, TX; been a while, man! Anyway, guess what? I used those glasses once or twice. The last time I did, I had to go to the bathroom and while there, I put on the glasses and guess what!? Yup, the CC was streaming, lol.....no picture, tho that I recall. :lol:

Lol! No that is funny.

OH I was talking about the ones in the videos someone posted, that pick up the invisible to the naked eye captions :)

Same thing. He is saying look below the screen so that there will be a dark background. The word go wherever your head goes.

Same thing. He is saying look below the screen so that there will be a dark background. The word go wherever your head goes.

Now I'm confused. I was talking about the glasses in the vids, they look like dark sunglasses and I was wondering if it effected veiwing the movie, in the vids the captions are in a box below the screen, in UV light, so no one can see them unless they're wearing those sun glasses looking things.

Captionfish.com to find your location which Regal Cinemas support CC.

Captionfish: A captioned movies search engine

I knew about app like almost 2 years ago but thank you for remind me. Last time I checked it. It was 100 miles away (Chicago) Right now it's 4.75 miles away that's our local Regal. I just called to our local Regal in seven hours ago for verification and manger told me that Regal have eight units of CC glasses and they just arrived theater last month.

I am wondering.

I haven't see anyone mentioned it. But those of you who have tried them. Was there a fee to use them?

Reason I asked, is if you go and watch a 3D movie, you got to pay for your 3D glasses. At least that's how it is at the theaters near me.

So I'm curious if they charged you for using them.

The other question, if it's possible. Can we buy our own? And then bring it to the movies. Maybe get a pair that's fitting for us and already has that settings the way we want. Instead of taking time to set them up before the movies once we get there.

Given how dirty most cinemas are, I'd rather make something at home and watch it on TV, where the bathroom is always clean....no sense in paying the high cost of a ticket to hear someone talking through the film behind you or clowning around next to you. There seems to a jerk for every showing....

Laura

Given how dirty most cinemas are, I'd rather make something at home and watch it on TV, where the bathroom is always clean....no sense in paying the high cost of a ticket to hear someone talking through the film behind you or clowning around next to you. There seems to a jerk for every showing....

Laura
AND we can pause the movies when we feel like it. Bathroom break or what not. Refill our drinks or get munchies. haha

I am wondering.

I haven't see anyone mentioned it. But those of you who have tried them. Was there a fee to use them?

Reason I asked, is if you go and watch a 3D movie, you got to pay for your 3D glasses. At least that's how it is at the theaters near me.

The other question, if it's possible. Can we buy our own? And then bring it to the movies. Maybe get a pair that's fitting for us and already has that settings the way we want. Instead of taking time to set them up before the movies once we get there.
My son said that he didn't pay for it and took it home after the movie.

TXgolfer mentioned that he had to sign an insurance form in order to use SONY-DV.

I am wondering.

nope. you don't pay for it. that would be immoral of them to do that cuz it's like charging handicapped people a fee for using special stair lift.

I tried the Sony's CC Glasses at Regal recently and whoa! for me it was awesome experience even though I wear glasses already, but for my girlfriend it gave her headaches so I'm guessing those of you who are sensitive to 3D films, this might not be great for you.

I will note that looking up at the theater's ceiling and still seeing's captions was pretty epic though!

Back