Clinton blasts ABCs 9/11 film, amid report of changes

B

Buckdodgers

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Former President Bill Clinton called for ABC to "tell the truth" in an upcoming miniseries about the events leading up to the 9/11 attacks.

Senior officials and advisers in Clinton's administration have attacked the accuracy of "The Path to 9/11," accusing filmmakers of including "fictitious" and even "false and defamatory" scenes of how they responded to the terror threat.

"I think they ought to tell the truth, particularly if they're going to claim it's based on the 9/11 commission's report," Clinton told reporters in Arkansas on Thursday.

"They shouldn't have scenes that are directly contradictory to the factual findings of the 9/11 commission. I just want people to tell the truth." (Watch one of the controversial scenes a Clinton official said never happened -- 2:52)

The film is scheduled to air with limited commercial interruption Sunday and Monday, the fifth anniversary of the attacks that killed nearly 3,000 people.

The ABC network has rejected criticism, saying the film was not a documentary and no one had seen the final version as it was still being edited.

CNN.com - Clinton blasts 9/11 film, amid report of changes - Sep 8, 2006

Eh,,, Why didnt Bill Clinton complain about Hollywoods Verson of
""Flight 93""? Why didnt Bill Clinton complain about Hollywoods Verson of ""World Trade Center""? Both were out in theaters.Wanna know why? HOLLYWOOD is PRO DEMOCRAT.Hollywood is the most extreme left winged you can get like Making a movie called ""Brokeback Mountain"" is a good example just how extreme left winged hollywood is.It seems to me ABC TV isnt gonna be extreme Left winged like Hollywood is.

Steve, since I follow the philosophy of, "If you can't say something nice to someone, don't say it at all," I'm not going to respond to certain remarks you made.

I am going to address the fact that Hollywood is not, "Pro-Left" and instead point out that Mr. Clinton is PRO-FACTS. Making up something about the 9/11 attacks for the purpose of dramatizing it is, in my opinion, stupid. The mini-series makes the claim that it's based on the 9/11 Commission Report. Why, then, add a bunch of made up stuff that is absolutely not even hinted on in the report?

If anything, Clinton should be your best friend here. Instead, you try to attack both Clinton and Hollywood. What I want to say to you isn't nice, so I'll stop here.

Its True....How you know Micheal Moores Film was true? How you know ""Flight 93"" was true? How you know ""World Trade Center"" was true?

The Democrats and Clinton didn't worry about "facts" when Fahrenheit 9/11 was released.

The Democrats and Clinton didn't worry about "facts" when Fahrenheit 9/11 was released.

Yeah,,,Because Micheal Moore aimed directly at george bush try to get Kerry Elected.Now If Clinton was president and Steven Speilberg Made a movie and a scene showed monica puts her hands down bill clintons pants then i bet Bill Clinton would cry foul about it.

Tom Kean the co-chairman of the 911 commision who consulted on this film said it was a balanced movie and that people on both sides may not like what they see. He also said that it's a dramatization of an event and it's stated so at the beginning of the movie. And it's not based just on the 911 report but other materials and personal interviews.

Because if it had not been true... they would have sued Micheal Moores ass off.

Instead... they keep quit.. very quiet!!

Of course!!! They would sue Michael Moore for that defamatory!!!

Steve, since I follow the philosophy of, "If you can't say something nice to someone, don't say it at all," I'm not going to respond to certain remarks you made.

I am going to address the fact that Hollywood is not, "Pro-Left" and instead point out that Mr. Clinton is PRO-FACTS. Making up something about the 9/11 attacks for the purpose of dramatizing it is, in my opinion, stupid. The mini-series makes the claim that it's based on the 9/11 Commission Report. Why, then, add a bunch of made up stuff that is absolutely not even hinted on in the report?

If anything, Clinton should be your best friend here. Instead, you try to attack both Clinton and Hollywood. What I want to say to you isn't nice, so I'll stop here.

:gpost:

Because if it had not been true... they would have sued Micheal Moores ass off.

Instead... they keep quit.. very quiet!!

That's correct! Some people who are republicans kept saying that the movie "Fahrenheit 9/11" was all lies, but my hearing sister happened to watched that movie and said it was all true. If it were all lies, why didn't Bush stood up for himself?

That's correct! Some people who are republicans kept saying that the movie "Fahrenheit 9/11" was all lies, but my hearing sister happened to watched that movie and said it was all true. If it were all lies, why didn't Bush stood up for himself?

Simple is: Bush knew the scandals against him will go BIG & WORST if he sues people for defamatary - they will focus deeply for the proof more and more, that's why Bush rather to keep it quiet.

Of course Bush is keeping quiet about this, just like he keeps quiet about everything else. Especially this senseless war in Iraq. When that sorry bastard of a president should still to this day be tracking down & focusing more on Bin Laden. We have lost so many good Men & Women in our Armed Forces for what? For NOTHING!! Iraq Freedom? Weapons of Mass Destuction? BS, this war has NOTHING to do with September 11, 2001!!

Simple is: Bush knew the scandals against him will go BIG & WORST if he sues people for defamatary - they will focus deeply for the proof more and more, that's why Bush rather to keep it quiet.

Of course Bush is keeping quiet about this, just like he keeps quiet about everything else. Especially this senseless war in Iraq. When that sorry bastard of a president should still to this day be tracking down & focusing more on Bin Laden. We have lost so many good Men & Women in our Armed Forces for what? For NOTHING!! Iraq Freedom? Weapons of Mass Destuction? BS, this war has NOTHING to do with September 11, 2001!!

*nodding in agreement* Hey Jeremy, Let's take a road trip to Washington, DC. :thumb:

Logical yes, no wonder why Bush can´t sue the people for defamatary. It will be scandal for him if we found the proof defend against his defamatary. You see the prove that he CAN´t do anything but keep quiet himself. Why anyone don´t want to see it...

We knew for a long time that go to Iraq has nothing do with 9/11 but oil. I said this in some threads. Bush KNEW before Saddam´s arrest that Saddam has nothing do with 9/11.

We also don´t understand why soliders continue stay in Iraq AFTER Saddam´s arrest, not go to search Bin Laden... Bush would do SOMETHING to make his soliders work hard to search Bin Laden if he beleive it´s really Bin Laden who did 9/11 but he didn´t... What a strange... It tells that the government do something with 9/11 and use terrorist as an excuse. Some people don´t want to see it. *sigh*

I heard on the radio Bush is just trying to scare us Americans of the reasons why it was to take out Saddam from office. America is safer? Come on, Bin Laden is still out there. Blow all the terrorists of the face of the Earth fine. Even if we capture Bin Laden, there is still gonna be other terrorists no matter what. So this so-called "War on Terror" is a complete waste of time. Just get Bin Laden who is responsible for 9/11 & leave these other countries out of it unless they declare war on us then fine get them.

Logical yes, no wonder why Bush can´t sue the people for defamatary. It will be scandal for him if we found the proof defend against his defamatary. You see the prove that he CAN´t do anything but keep quiet himself. Why anyone don´t want to see it...

We knew for a long time that go to Iraq has nothing do with 9/11 but oil. I said this in some threads. Bush KNEW before Saddam´s arrest that Saddam has nothing do with 9/11.

We also don´t understand why soliders continue stay in Iraq AFTER Saddam´s arrest, not go to search Bin Laden... Bush would do SOMETHING to make his soliders work hard to search Bin Laden if he beleive it´s really Bin Laden who did 9/11 but he didn´t... What a strange... It tells that the government do something with 9/11 and use terrorist as an excuse. Some people don´t want to see it. *sigh*

I think it's Iraq's oil Bush is interested in. He can use the "freedom" excuse all he wants but its the oil he's after.

Yes thats true I believe that to. We have no business in Iraq period. We should be after Bin Laden.

I think it's Iraq's oil Bush is interested in. He can use the "freedom" excuse all he wants but its the oil he's after.

Back