CI surgery & switch on calender thread!

Dev:

I am glad the surgery went well for you. I hope you have a speedy recovery! :)

I woke up feeling a really bad pain to my upper tummy near chest.. It was hurting me really bad. I almost end up going back to hopstial. My mom called the hopstial asked them what to do with me. They though it may had been the pain killer pill that didnt go all way down or something. So They told my mom to give me something to drink and popsicile.. That really did help me out a lot. I went back to bed after that. I am feeling fine now. WHEW!!

Going through candidacy process and Waiting for dates :)
Dark Half (First CI)
Ismi First (CI)

Surgeries :dj:
Devbaby 25th January (First CI)
Old Navygirl 29th January (First CI)
Victoria 7th February (First CI)
Hondu 7th February (First CI)
Marshall (Frag's son) 12th February (Second CI)
Blazing Sunset 15th February (First CI)
Deafskeptic 20th March (First CI)
Ashley 28th March (Bilateral CI)
JohnJoe1011 3rd April (First CI)

Activations :rockon:
Lily 1st February (second CI)
Lake Tahoe 8th February (First CI)
Blazing Sunset 26th February? (Frist CI)
Devbaby 26th February (First CI)
OldNavygirl 6th March (First CI)
Victoria 6th March (First CI)

Upgrade :afro:
Boult 7th February to AB F120

R2D2, just added my name remember me Johnjoe1011 3rd April (First CI)

I woke up feeling a really bad pain to my upper tummy near chest.. It was hurting me really bad. I almost end up going back to hopstial. My mom called the hopstial asked them what to do with me. They though it may had been the pain killer pill that didnt go all way down or something. So They told my mom to give me something to drink and popsicile.. That really did help me out a lot. I went back to bed after that. I am feeling fine now. WHEW!!

Yes -- sometimes pain killers can cause stomach upset. I was prescribed Vicodin after both of my surgeries, but couldn't take it due to the fact that it caused stomach pain and nausea.

I've heard some CI users recommend that a person take Extra Strength Tylenol or Ibuprofen for pain. (Please check with your doctor first.)

I'm glad you're feeling better now! :)

Thanks hear again =)

Just letting everyone know that i am feeling much better.
My head and ear feel very numb but i know that will get better later on =)
I got to wash my hair earlier.. i felt so fresh and clean. hehe/:giggle:

I still have no loud tinnitus and there was no change of taste either.

I have a following up appt with Dr. Jacob on Feb 20th to make sure everything is fine and healing.

R2D2, just added my name remember me Johnjoe1011 3rd April (First CI)

Great - thanks for doing this. I knew there was someone due to have their surgery in April but couldn't remember for the life of me!

You're off the surgery list now Devbaby - it's over!!

Going through candidacy process and Waiting for dates :)
Dark Half (First CI)
Ismi First (CI)

You're off the surgery list now Devbaby - it's over!!

Going through candidacy process and Waiting for dates :deal:
Dark Half (First CI)
Ismi First (CI)

My date got changed to April 24. Let's hope this is the last time I have to change my date!

My date got changed to April 24. Let's hope this is the last time I have to change my date!

Oh well it will give you more breathing space to get the sugar levels down. How is that going by the way?

Oh well it will give you more breathing space to get the sugar levels down. How is that going by the way?

They're mostly in the normal range now. My earlier date conflicted with my parents' vacation plans and they pointed out to me that I wouldn't be able to drive for at least two weeks after surgery.

Dr. P says if blood sugars are healthy, I should be able to move up to an earlier date. 3 months seems an eternity!

That what it happened to me. I did took Vicodin for like a week and I felt I had enough then BAM! My stomach was in so much pain! I have GERD (look on Google) and now on medication to get heal. UGH! So next time if I have the surgery I'll ask dr for something else so it won't hurt my stomach again!!!

Yes -- sometimes pain killers can cause stomach upset. I was prescribed Vicodin after both of my surgeries, but couldn't take it due to the fact that it caused stomach pain and nausea.

I've heard some CI users recommend that a person take Extra Strength Tylenol or Ibuprofen for pain. (Please check with your doctor first.)

I'm glad you're feeling better now! :)

They're mostly in the normal range now. My earlier date conflicted with my parents' vacation plans and they pointed out to me that I wouldn't be able to drive for at least two weeks after surgery.

Dr. P says if blood sugars are healthy, I should be able to move up to an earlier date. 3 months seems an eternity!

Wow that's great that they are in the normal range. What an achievement!

So you are on the cancellation list for an earlier date?

It sounds like your parents want to rally around and support you, which is great too.

That what it happened to me. I did took Vicodin for like a week and I felt I had enough then BAM! My stomach was in so much pain! I have GERD (look on Google) and now on medication to get heal. UGH! So next time if I have the surgery I'll ask dr for something else so it won't hurt my stomach again!!!

So Vicodin can make reflux worse? :ugh: I'll ask my doctor about that as I've problems with reflux.

interestng...idont know anything about reflux .... but what i do is eat first before i take vicodin medicine.. and it helps me... i don tknow if it s same as you guys or not.... cause i was afraid if i take it first then eat and might vomit.. so i decided to eat first before i take vicodin. if my ear hurts. i take tyneol if its in early afternoon not supper time yet.. u know what i mean? it helps.. it didn't give me lots of pain on my ear... it's a wonderful feeling.

Back