CI Surgery approved today

I received all the paperwork from my surgeons office in the mail yesterday. Stupid people....they sent the brochure of the new surgery center I'm having my surgery at but gave me the address of the old surgery center. If I didn't know better, I would have turned up at the wrong place the morning of surgery. Things like this start stressing me out.

Oy. Don't you just hate that. I feel like we check, double-check, and triple-check because some people don't care enough to get it right. Glad you know where you need to go for yours.

Oy. Don't you just hate that. I feel like we check, double-check, and triple-check because some people don't care enough to get it right. Glad you know where you need to go for yours.

I do hate it, drives me crazy. Having surgery is stressful enough. The nurse replied to my email "oh I must have grabbed the wrong paper". I'm sure there are many other patients who have the wrong address for their surgery day. I need to schedule an appointment for an EKG then get some blood work. Hopefully it will be smoothe sailing after that.

I do hate it, drives me crazy. Having surgery is stressful enough. The nurse replied to my email "oh I must have grabbed the wrong paper". I'm sure there are many other patients who have the wrong address for their surgery day. I need to schedule an appointment for an EKG then get some blood work. Hopefully it will be smoothe sailing after that.

Good luck 'Lil Miss Angel
demon-and-angel.gif

Had all the pre-op tests done today. I had two different doctors requesting blood work, the lab took 14 tubes of blood which I thought was crazy. Not stressing too much about the surgery since we have vacation coming up.

Hope all goes well, you'll love being Bi, lol Bi-lateral that is!
My second one is catching up, still not quite there yet, but close only because the first ci is dominant. Just wear the second one without the first one from time to time to make it work harder!

Had all the pre-op tests done today. I had two different doctors requesting blood work, the lab took 14 tubes of blood which I thought was crazy. Not stressing too much about the surgery since we have vacation coming up.

Good luck! I will be interested to see how everything comes out and how you like it.

Hope all goes well, you'll love being Bi, lol Bi-lateral that is!
My second one is catching up, still not quite there yet, but close only because the first ci is dominant. Just wear the second one without the first one from time to time to make it work harder!

Your the only one I know who went "bi" with the N6 so I've been following you. My first CI on my left ear I had only been deaf in that ear for one year. This second CI in my right ear I have been totally deaf in that ear for four years. I'm sure it will drive me crazy and take a lot of work but I will do it. Looking forward to hearing things better that is for sure. Plus my surgeon is pretty sure it will help with my horrible tinnitus. If it does that alone I will be super happy.

I'm sure I will have a lot of questions for you, hope I don't bug you too much.

Good luck to you!

I didn't had any pre-op tests. Just came straight to the surgery day :lol:

Spent an hour doing my pre-op paperwork online for the surgery center. If it actually works and they don't ask me all the questions over again then I think it was a good idea. I will find out tomorrow what time my surgery will be on Wednesday July 15th. Getting nervous and second guessing my decision but that is normal for me. I hope the recovery is fast so I can continue to work out and feel and look good for our next out of state wedding.

Your the only one I know who went "bi" with the N6 so I've been following you. My first CI on my left ear I had only been deaf in that ear for one year. This second CI in my right ear I have been totally deaf in that ear for four years. I'm sure it will drive me crazy and take a lot of work but I will do it. Looking forward to hearing things better that is for sure. Plus my surgeon is pretty sure it will help with my horrible tinnitus. If it does that alone I will be super happy.

I'm sure I will have a lot of questions for you, hope I don't bug you too much.

Ask away !

Surgery tomorrow morning at 9am.....I'm feeling pretty relaxed about it

Hi everyone. CI surgery went well, took 2.5 hours this time. Because I'm severely allergic to Mastisol they were extremely careful and did not use any adhesives at all. They wrapped my head in a royal blue super tight stretch bandage. I think that is the part that is making me hurt. Pain at first was horrible but once we got home I took my own meds, curled up with my sweet little dog and took a 1.5 hour nap. Not dizzy at all, just feels like a bad earache. So happy it is done and will be praying that this second CI will help me hear better and quiet down the tinnitus in that ear. I do have a fat lip which if it stayed it would be like a free cosmetic surgery to "plump" my lips like the celebrities do. HAHA

Thank's to all of you for the well wishes. I appreciate all of you so very much.

There is nothing cuddling up with a little sweet doggie to help you feel better :aw: I am glad the surgery when well and you're back up . How long do you have to keep your head wrapped up so tightly ?

Hi everyone. CI surgery went well, took 2.5 hours this time. Because I'm severely allergic to Mastisol they were extremely careful and did not use any adhesives at all. They wrapped my head in a royal blue super tight stretch bandage. I think that is the part that is making me hurt. Pain at first was horrible but once we got home I took my own meds, curled up with my sweet little dog and took a 1.5 hour nap. Not dizzy at all, just feels like a bad earache. So happy it is done and will be praying that this second CI will help me hear better and quiet down the tinnitus in that ear. I do have a fat lip which if it stayed it would be like a free cosmetic surgery to "plump" my lips like the celebrities do. HAHA

Thank's to all of you for the well wishes. I appreciate all of you so very much.
Happy you survived and can still joke.

Good wishes for a speedy recovery.

There is nothing cuddling up with a little sweet doggie to help you feel better :aw: I am glad the surgery when well and you're back up . How long do you have to keep your head wrapped up so tightly ?

Thank you WDYS. I actually had to unwrap and loosen the pressure bandage. It was falling off and pulling my hair. I only have to keep it on until Friday so no big deal. You are so right, Marley has not left my side and is definitely enjoying the cuddles. She was groomed yesterday so her hair is short and she does not get too hot.

So far things are going very very well. I think my surgeon said in two weeks I will have a check up then four weeks later activation. Maybe for my birthday, that would be cool. Might make me forget that I am going to be a year older.

Surgery center made me feel young for a couple of minutes....had to take a pregnancy test.......really????:giggle: Hubby and I would have died right there if that thing came back positive. :giggle:

STranger things have happened angel..hope you feeling comfortable today.
your dog marley wdys her dog marley coincidence

Back