CI Surgery approved today

Surgeons office left a message for me.....not an email like requested. BUT.....CI approval went through. Husband will call them tomorrow to see what pre op I need and to schedule the surgery. Should happen pretty quick. Cautiously optimistic at this time.

Fingers crossed that everything goes well for you!

Make sure they know about your reaction to the glue last time.

DEFINITELY......we did a patch test after that horrible allergic reaction last time. Will absolutely make sure they do not use mastisol.

Thank you for the reminder.

It's like that for me too with my Audi. If I email her, she emails back, but if anyone else in her office wants to get a hold of me, they call. No relay, no nothing. One look at my audiogram would help them realize I have no way of doing a phone call without help. It's weird.

This puzzles me to no end. My daughter went with me once when I had to resign more insurance papers. I told her to watch how they communicate with me. She was so irritated that an office that deals with HOH and deaf patients whisper for one and can not grasp that email is the way to communicate with me. The surgeon is great, his staff not so much.

Sadly, this happened three times this week.

Don't you love it when an office that deals with the deaf & HoH don't "get it".

Best of luck to you. I may be heading down that road in a few years.

I wonder if they assume she can use the phone (I don't know if she can) since she has a CI?

I wonder if they assume she can use the phone (I don't know if she can) since she has a CI?

Possibly, but I doubt it. I've run into this problem myself at ENT offices where you would think they'd know that some of their patients can't hear well.
When I was having a difficult time hearing due to recurring impacted earwax, I had trouble talking with them in the phone to schedule an appt. I could not hear the date & time clearly. I asked her to send me an email which she finally agreed to do.

Possibly, but I doubt it. I've run into this problem myself at ENT offices where you would think they'd know that some of their patients can't hear well.
When I was having a difficult time hearing due to recurring impacted earwax, I had trouble talking with them in the phone to schedule an appt. I could not hear the date & time clearly. I asked her to send me an email which she finally agreed to do.

We seem to have had a similar idea. I was going to say if it is an ENT practice, with several doctors especially, there may be a number coming for nose or throat issues as well and thus have no problem hearing.

I've told them over and over to contact me via email only and that I can not hear on the phone. So today, my husband called their office five times and no answer.

I've told them over and over to contact me via email only and that I can not hear on the phone. So today, my husband called their office five times and no answer.

It's the same way with me...primary or the ENT office...even today, they said they would "call me" and I told then again!...email only.....:lol:...perhaps we should grab our record sheet with a can of paint and say ....Don't Call Me!!"

Finally received an email from the CI office. Surgery scheduled for June 15th. I did ask to be placed on their cancellation list, the sooner the better for me. My ankle is feeling better from my fall so I feel ready to go. Waiting for their pre-op instructions.

Finally received an email from the CI office. Surgery scheduled for June 15th. I did ask to be placed on their cancellation list, the sooner the better for me. My ankle is feeling better from my fall so I feel ready to go. Waiting for their pre-op instructions.

How does that date fit with the weddings you have planned to attend out of town?

How does that date fit with the weddings you have planned to attend out of town?

Actually I just requested an earlier date, if they have a cancellation. If not will have to have the surgery second week of July or after the August wedding. Last time they had a cancellation and surgery happened in just eight days. We shall see.

Look's like surgery will be mid July unless they get a cancellation sooner.

Looked up the surgery center on Yelp......a little concerning. This is a different place then my last CI surgery. 2 stars out of 5 but all the negative remarks had to do with their billing department.

Looked up the surgery center on Yelp......a little concerning. This is a different place then my last CI surgery. 2 stars out of 5 but all the negative remarks had to do with their billing department.

How come you're doing it at a different place this time? Was that your choice or doctor or ? All, the same, I wish for the best for you! :)

How come you're doing it at a different place this time? Was that your choice or doctor or ? All, the same, I wish for the best for you! :)

Sorry, I was unclear in my post. Same surgeon, different surgery center due to us having different insurance this time. Luckily, we have the same coverage though.

which place are you going to have your surgery? I just saw we live at the same area.

also, I've read you have tiny ear, and speech processor is not holding on the ear, how did you solve this issue(besides wig tape)? I have the same issue, my ear doesn't hold it tight, and it always falls...wig tape pulls out my hair(

which place are you going to have your surgery? I just saw we live at the same area.

also, I've read you have tiny ear, and speech processor is not holding on the ear, how did you solve this issue(besides wig tape)? I have the same issue, my ear doesn't hold it tight, and it always falls...wig tape pulls out my hair(

We live in the same state but about 200 miles apart as I live N.E. of Sacramento. I will be having my surgery at one of the Sutter surgery centers.

As for the "tiny ear" issue, things just ended up working out fine. I use the rechargeable batteries but do not use the battery covers. If I am being active or it's windy I sometimes wear a hat or I use like a bobby pin to hold the coil wire to my hair. I have the N5 now but am getting the N6 which is a little thinner.

I've never tried the wig tape. I've been thinking about going to a craft store to see if I can buy something that I can attached the coil wire to my glasses so if the CI does fall off it won't go very far.

We live in the same state but about 200 miles apart as I live N.E. of Sacramento. I will be having my surgery at one of the Sutter surgery centers.

As for the "tiny ear" issue, things just ended up working out fine. I use the rechargeable batteries but do not use the battery covers. If I am being active or it's windy I sometimes wear a hat or I use like a bobby pin to hold the coil wire to my hair. I have the N5 now but am getting the N6 which is a little thinner.

I've never tried the wig tape. I've been thinking about going to a craft store to see if I can buy something that I can attached the coil wire to my glasses so if the CI does fall off it won't go very far.
Also with the N6, you can get the processor without the accessory shoe. This makes it smaller and really no need for accessory port with the wireless capability. Then use compact rechargeable battery option. I use Earmolds to hold the processor in place and off the ear.

Back