CI Moments

Fozzy,

Congrats on the activation. The weirdest sound for me at first was applause. It was staticky and then followed by what sounded like shattering glass. Now applause sounds normal. Just remember to be patient. When do you have your next appointment?

its not a new ci moment but urghh i hate SEAGULLS!!

Off Topic
LOL. "I hate Seagulls" only means one thing to me. You got bombed!! How bad was it?

Sunday 6 Sept 2009
3 new things
While working as a marshal at the golf course I was sitting on the 9th hole next to the lake. Heard a light buzzing that grow to a loud outboard motor noise as the boat got closer and past by.
After the boat was out of hearing range I noticed that I was hearing the gentle lapping of the wake on the shore 50 ft below me.
Later that day I heard the back up beep on the carts as I was pulling them out from cleaning. Now I guess I will not be leaving them in reverse after I park them. LOL

I don't have CI and someone asked me if insurance can paid for two CI at the same time for both ears?

Last night I was trying to track down a very soft sound that was driving me crazy, though -- a low murmur -- I had a feeling it was the AC system, so I was pulling up rugs and pushing furniture away from the walls, looking for the grates. When I found and uncovered the intake grate that was making the sound, Li walked over and casually said "It was THAT? I thought it was just the ghosts talking to me -- I can never hear what they are saying, even with my CIs on." And she walked back over to finish her homework. First, I was shocked she could hear it from the other room, and second, that AC system murmur sounds like ghosts to her! And she wasn't even a bit freaked out by that. Weird CI moment.

I was thinking - and Deafmama's post about her CI moment spurred me into action - I think we need a discussion topic here (maybe one of the mods would sticky it?) where we all can post our CI moments - sometimes something neat will happen to us during our days/weeks but its so small it doesn't warrant an entire new topic on its own - kind of like the one I shared on Deafmama's post about hearing my antivirus notify me of an update through the speakers of my computer - even something that simple can bring a smile to your face when you realize that "I actually HEARD that!!!" I'd never start a new topic about that itself, but I'd definitely post about it on a topic dedicated to the CI moments we have.

With so many people here with CI's, getting CI's and having children with CI's, I think its time we had a topic going where we can share the good moments we have experienced with each other!!! Lets keep this one positive...With all the negativity we see around here sometimes, it would be nice to have a "feel good" subject to visit and re-visit!! :h5:

Back