CI Moments

Also, maybe you are being really hard on your self about spoken grammar. Hearing people break it all the time and bend it this way and that way. As long as people understand what you are saying, then who cares if you break all the rules or if the words with lots of syllables are mispronounced? Just about every deaf person mispronounces something because English is such a funny language and very inconsistent, but people usually know what you mean. I agree, communication rather than correctness is more important.

So funny R2, I've been listening to books on cd in my car on the way to and from work. Now I'm hearing words pronounced differently then I have pronounced them. And many people around me pronounce them more like I do, so I'm thinking it has something to do with regional differences, who knows. :)

Yes, we are in the middle of a terrible drought here in Australia too. It must be a worldwide thing. I'd love to hear more of the torrential rain that used to be common when I first arrived here 10 years ago :(

Dear A2 you are welcome to have some of my rain. We've had very few dry days in the past 2 months. But then again I did survive that really nasty hot spell back in the mid 90's.

I"m starting to be able to tell cars apart from sound of motors. I can tell if there's a motorcycle nearby and I'm starting to hate the sound of motorcycles. :P

I don't really like the sound of trucks and cars. I can tell the difference between a car and a motorcycle, I think.

It's all in the memory, Lucia - the more your hear the more you'll remember, and the sonner recognize. Judging by what you wrote, you are doing terrific!
wishing you more successes.
Fuzzy

I heard rain again today and it was pouring earlier today. Now it doesn't sound so much like running water anymore.

The past four days have been a wake up time for me!!! Finally we have rain, the good, long days on end rain. Well no one told me that sneakers and shoes squeak!!! Really take the C.I. out of ear squeak.

Picture this - 900 children coming in to school from the rain - all with squeaky shoes and I have hall duty. My principal said you mean you have been at this school for 14 years and this is the first time you heard that. My comment - yes and I hope never to hear it again. Well what happen - rain again Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Of course it might rain tomorrow.

Well wish me luck for no squeaky shoes tomorrow!!!

We had a heavy downpour last night too! It was a long time in coming and it was lovely to listen to it in bed. In the UK we would always go "Oh no not again!" every time it rained but here, everyone is smiling and keep on saying "we needed it!" Quite a different attitude!

It this now a weather station on this thread? lol ,, I have heavy down pour rain yesterday and today geez!!! HA

LOL!! Does everyone except for R2D2 live on the eastern part of the US? We have had nothing but downpours for the past couple days.

LOL!! Does everyone except for R2D2 live on the eastern part of the US? We have had nothing but downpours for the past couple days.

I'm on the West coast - rain rain rain here, with a peek or 2 of sunshine then more rain.

Speaking of downpours, where I live we had a downpour earlier today. I'm starting to be able tell the downpours apart from running water. This is only the third time I've been able to hear it rain since I got my CI. Has it been that dry? :shock: I hope we get more rainy days as things are starting to get critical here.

Whoa! :eek3: I've just sat through the scariest thunderstorm ever! It wasn't any different to thunderstorms we've had in the past but with CIs it is soo much louder and the thunder sounds deeper too. Now I understand why some hearing people are so terrified of them, poor things!

This really is the Weather Channel now LOL!

LOL! Speaking of weather, it's still raining today and I can hear it rain even when it's not a downpour now. Yep, this thread is now AD's very own weather station.

Weather Bulletin Alert

Tomorrow more rain and wind. High 71F. Winds SSW at 15 to 25 mph. Rainfall around a half an inch.

Shoot me... :rifle: I get it already, I can hear rain but geez enough is enough already!! lol

Tomorrow more rain and wind. High 71F. Winds SSW at 15 to 25 mph. Rainfall around a half an inch.

Shoot me... :rifle: I get it already, I can hear rain but geez enough is enough already!! lol

Half of an inch doesn't do it for the Toxic State of New Joisey. It takes the occasional hurricane to come in and clean her up good! Lol, no hate mail please.

Your welcome sweetie :)

(oops never mind the rest - I found my answer in another thread)

Fuzzy

Another CI moment this week (not weather - finally stopped raining), my dog cries. My wonderful lab, Brandi, whines. It sounds like a baby. It took days of hearing it to understand that she is making noises. My hubby said she does it all the time. So finally my life is complete, my dog talks!!!!

Another CI moment this week (not weather - finally stopped raining), my dog cries. My wonderful lab, Brandi, whines. It sounds like a baby. It took days of hearing it to understand that she is making noises. My hubby said she does it all the time. So finally my life is complete, my dog talks!!!!

Awwww. It's a very difficult sound to ignore, that's for sure.

I notice on Michael Chorost's website that he is having bilateral surgery on 17th December. Apparently his insurer, with whom he has been in a legal battle for quite some time has now agreed to fund bilateral implants. Maybe he'll write a sequel now?

Back