CI bashing by certain individuals

Just report his blog if you feel so strongly about it, however I have to say-- if you don't want people to have access to your daughter's medical information and commenting on it... why share it online? Just being the Devil's advocate here.

May I ask a question, why you feel so strongly about this? Other bloggers quote each others, and all they do is write a blog in response to the previous blog post... and then it's back and forward. That's the nature of the blogsphere.

He doesn't ask permission or even reference where he is getting the information. He has read through other people's blogs and pasted their information, and then writes all about how wrong they are.

He comes off as "stalker"esque, creepy, and obsessive. I don't like that he is following children (not just mine but Li-Li as well, for sure) around obsessively.

He doesn't ask permission or even reference where he is getting the information. He has read through other people's blogs and pasted their information, and then writes all about how wrong they are.

He comes off as "stalker"esque, creepy, and obsessive. I don't like that he is following children (not just mine but Li-Li as well, for sure) around obsessively.

You didn’t answer Souggy question..why share information your sensitive about? You seem really distressed about it, but he could only have gotten the information from you! Plus his signature has a link to his blog. Also you share your daughter’s condition on your blog and all deaf.com, therefore her information is already at the publics disposal. He has deleted the one reference to ‘Miss Kat’.

Deafdude, contrary to your apparent believe a good guy spreading information about stem cells to people who would like to know, maybe a bit over enthusiastic yes, stalker-ish, no.

He is not following children.. you shouldn’t generalise like that, its rude. I have read his blog a lot leave unprovoked rude comments. I think it comes out of fear, anger and being against stem cells.

souggy wrote:
Just report his blog if you feel so strongly about it, however I have to say-- if you don't want people to have access to your daughter's medical information and commenting on it... why share it online? Just being the Devil's advocate here.

May I ask a question, why you feel so strongly about this? Other bloggers quote each others, and all they do is write a blog in response to the previous blog post... and then it's back and forward. That's the nature of the blogsphere.

Exactly what Souggy said. We'd love to know the answers to the above.

For some reason, this whole deal reminds me of that scene in Clerks where the Chewley's gum representative incited a riot in the store where Dante worked and picked on him just to sell more Chewley's gum. Then he was finally exposed as a Chewley's gum rep. Oh, dear. Haha. I need to watch Clerks again now. :lol: :lol:

You didn’t answer Souggy question..why share information your sensitive about? You seem really distressed about it, but he could only have gotten the information from you! Plus his signature has a link to his blog. Also you share your daughter’s condition on your blog and all deaf.com, therefore her information is already at the publics disposal. He has deleted the one reference to ‘Miss Kat’.

Deafdude, contrary to your apparent believe a good guy spreading information about stem cells to people who would like to know, maybe a bit over enthusiastic yes, stalker-ish, no.

He is not following children.. you shouldn’t generalise like that, its rude. I have read his blog a lot leave unprovoked rude comments. I think it comes out of fear, anger and being against stem cells.

He posted Li-Li's information without permission as well. He admits that he searches out children's blogs and reads them and post his opinion about why they shouldn't have gotten an implant. Why? If he wants to write, fine, but leave other people's kids alone.

I think it's generally a good rule of thumb to stay away from people's kids. Lots of parents will put up with being offended but lose their cool the second their kids are involved.

Then write a blog in response to him, just ignore him or report his blog. Not much you can do about it. I don't agree with his practice, but hey, the Internet is full of jerks that are in it for self-actualization.

I empathize. I do feel violated when I am used in newspaper or other mass media. Unfortunately the American privacy laws regarding the Internet just plain sucks. Just report him to his ISP or his blog's host for those kind of problems in the future.

Then write a blog in response to him, just ignore him or report his blog. Not much you can do about it. I don't agree with his practice, but hey, the Internet is full of jerks that are in it for self-actualization.

I empathize. I do feel violated when I am used in newspaper or other mass media. Unfortunately the American privacy laws regarding the Internet just plain sucks. Just report him to his ISP or his blog's host for those kind of problems in the future.
that is great advice.

Virtually no privacy protection in the U.S.

FJ, if you want to maintain your privacy, it's better to post under a pseudonym. Some people post their child's name on the internet but it makes me nervous. Many parents pick a nickname for their child to use on blogs.

I thought "Miss Kat" was a nickname?

Damn, I sometimes use my kids' names here on AD..didn't even think about it. Now, I am going to think twice in the future.

Maybe "Miss Kat" is a nickname. I assumed that it's short for Katie or Katherine. I may be incorrect. If it's a nickname, why would FJ be so upset that DD is using it? Only FJ can answer that question.

Shel, I have friends who post pics with their kids names and are comfortable with it. They haven't had any problems yet. I'm very protective of my kids.

It's still one thing to post information about one's own kids but to take information about another person's kids without permission is another thing.

It's still one thing to post information about one's own kids but to take information about another person's kids without permission is another thing.

I wouldn't like it either..

Just a suggestion here - a reference to spouse, child and so on can be used here to avoid having another person using your child/spouse's name.

DH - Dear, darling, darn, damn, doofus, (whatever word starting with D is appropriate at the time *g*) Husband
DD - Dear, darling, darn, damn, doofus, (whatever word starting with D is appropriate at the time *g*) Daughter
SIL - Sister-in-law
BIL - Brother-in-law
MIL - Mother-in-law (noticing a pattern here ;-) ) Meet my MIL
FIL - Father-in-law
WIL - Witch-in-Law (tactful??)
SAHM - Stay At Home Mom (It means we don't work outside the house... but boy, never say we don't work!!)
source

Interesting that I never said a name but yet folks stepped right in. You know the saying the saying about assumptions? :)

Each of you have very valid points and ultimately we each choose what we read, what we believe, what we do - not someone else.

If someone else upsets us, then we're giving them more power over us than we have over ourselves.

@ DeafDude's post and blog website

I can understand how is FJ's right to protect her child from the stranger. I kept tell DeafDude to use his own personal about himself instead copycat from Chloe and other CI children on his blog website in his own opinion. That is wrong! He is very STUBBORN!!!!!! If he can't change it. The best to report the abuse for his harassment, copycat the information, stole children information. If it's not work then go to police station and get his blog website to show. He need to be ban from blog website forever!!!! He don't know how to apology to everyone for make mistake.

He said he do respect for CI user people. I doubt it! I disrespect him for this because he used people's quotes, blog writting and medical information on his blog website. He always criticize on people and children choice for CI. That is wrong!!! That is why I don't like his personality. He need to grow up! :mad: If he never change it. It make us dislike him!!!!! He need to remove the information off on his blog and need to tell anybody apology.

He don't understand what is blogger stand for. Blogger is for diary, journey, journal with pictures.

Back