Christmas Cookies.....

BabyAngel said:
I love sugar cookies!! It tastes so good...yummy!

I am having a christmas party here at my place on 10th, I need your help. What should I cook for cookies or cakes for christmas that you think everybody would like to eat?

Sugar cookies?? Dirt Cake??
dirt cake??

let me help u...

grab a devil cake mix, cool whip, color food ( red and green), loaf pan and cherry filled can...

so when u bake cake, wait til cool off, then take cake out of pan and put on plate, and cut make 2 layers , first cut bottom then 2nd cut middle alike make then u make alike 1/2 cup cool whip and put in bowl and put red food color and mix it, then 1/2 cup cool whip in other bowl and make green and other white cool whip , leave it alone.. so put red whip cool on bottom then use ur fingers and put the cherry on bottom (not too much) alike make dot each, then put the cake on then put white whip cool on cake then put cherry on same as bottom then put the cake top and put green whip cool on top and put cherry on top, same as others... if there more cherry in can then put on plate... yumy!

ENJOY IT!

*my stomach is growling*
Geez, I got hungry for some cookies after reading all these posts lol.
My fave are sugar, chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies. I remember when I was growing up my mom would make fingerprints cookies (peanut butter balls with a Hersheys kiss pressed on top of it). So yummy! I need to go shopping for new Xmas cookie cutters so I can make some cookies soon!

Man, Now I'm definitely drooling big time by reading all those posts and wanting to eat all of them haha but anyway, Chocolate chips, The no-bake oatmeal chocolate cookies and the peanut butter ball w/ the hershey kisses on top of it are what I normally would eat at christmas but heck, I eat them all year around. Oh I forgot to add the Macamadia Nut cookies and the banana nut bread too. Talk about Yummy! :D

Tousi said:
Angel, two cups of Crisco for the frosting?????

No no...simply that's too much--*winks*...although, a correction was done that calls for 'one cup of Crisco' instead. Sure be something IF you already made this before the correction... :whistle:

All these cookies....am surprised 'Cookie Monster' is no where to be seen :smoking: ...hmm...

Right now, sorry to disappoint some of you, but don't have any receipes to share at the moment, all I do is...well, you got it...Take 'em out of the oven and EAT 'EM! MMmmmmm....:)

I'll have some steak , ceasar salad and an orange to peel and eat and drink alots
of water then after wards go out and do physical training then still have enegry. Chocolate cookies are good with a helping of milk .... but the enegry crash from the sugar is terrible...I learned to have alittle of milk and cookies once or maybe twice a week that is it. Enjoy chomping on chocolate chip cookies and milk .... sure brings back good and positive memories.

Homemade Hot White Chocolate

Hiya... I always make sugar cookies every year and also my mom always make a perfect simply fudge. I can find a recipe if you want! BUT I know this is off topic! DEFINITELY I gotta share with you this kind of hot cocoa. I made it once a while but I wanted this to be offical traditional treat for christmas! It is VERY GOOD yet....it is rich! YUMMY!!!

I would put crushed candy cane or mini cane for garnish! YUMMY!!

Ingredients
3 cups half-and-half or light cream*
3/4 cup vanilla-flavor baking pieces or vanilla-flavor candy coating, chopped
3 inches stick cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Slivers of vanilla-flavor candy coating (optional)
Ground cinnamon (optional)

Directions
1. Combine 1/4 cup of the half-and-half or light cream, vanilla baking pieces or chopped candy coating, stick cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium saucepan; whisk over low heat until vanilla baking pieces or candy is melted. Remove stick cinnamon.
2. Add remaining half-and-half or light cream. Whisk until heated through. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and almond extract. Serve warm in cups or mugs; top with slivers of vanilla-flavor candy coating and sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired. Makes 5 (6-ounce) servings.
*Note: To reduce fat, you may substitute low-fat milk or evaporated fat-free milk for the half-and-half.
Tip: To create the foamy layer on top, blend some of the hot chocolate mixture in a blender container until frothy, and add to each serving.

Enjoy!!! ;)

Attachments

• s_37203.jpg
    s_37203.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 11
kuifje75 said:
I have never baked my own stollen. I always went to the German store to buy some stollens. I am curious if it is hard to make a stollen? Can you give me the recipe for it, please? Thanks

I baked 6 different cookies and Stollen yesterday. It will be other cookies next week.

Here is German Christmas Stollen

500g white flour
2 teaspoon Bake powder
175g cold butter
175g sugar
1 teaspoon of muskat
2 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
Pinch salt
250g Quark (0% fat)
Few drops of lemon essential oil
¼ liter 80% alcohol Rum (recommend “Stroh 80”
2 eggs
200g raisin
100g sultana
50g chopped dried fruit (orange, lemon & cherry)
150g very finely grated nuts

Soak raisins and sultanas with Rum & little water in the small bowl and cover with lid. Leave it for 2 hours or more…

Preparation:

Add bake paper on the tray.

Flour, bake powder, salt, sugar, spice (muskat) and butter into electric mixer and beat until they are fine crumbles, then add eggs, Quark & lemon essential oil until they are dough.

Remove dough from machine and put dough on preparation grated nuts on the table.

Remove raisins and sultana from Rum and dried them with clean tea towel, then add to dough with chopped dried fruits. All in dough knead with the help from nuts until they are smooth. Form the stollen like loaf bread and put on the prepared bake paper tray.

Bake with fan oven 150C for 50 to 60 minutes or Gas 2 to 3 mark.

Paint 100g melt butter on hot ready loaf and then sprinkle icing sugar on it...

Any questions? :D

Good Luck :thumb:

P.S. Nut haters including me, don't worry - it does not taste nuts when you tried stollen :thumb:

Liebling:-))) said:
1 teaspoon of muskat
100g sultana

What on Earth are muskat and sultana?

EDIT:
Never mind, I researched it on my own:

Muskat = nutmeg
Sultanas = golden raisins

Seems easy enough. I think I will try and make it this weekend before flying to New Jersey. My father loves stollens and I think he would be pleased with a homemade one. Thank you for the recipe, Liebling!

Bewitched said:

Hiya... I always make sugar cookies every year and also my mom always make a perfect simply fudge. I can find a recipe if you want! BUT I know this is off topic! DEFINITELY I gotta share with you this kind of hot cocoa. I made it once a while but I wanted this to be offical traditional treat for christmas! It is VERY GOOD yet....it is rich! YUMMY!!!

I would put crushed candy cane or mini cane for garnish! YUMMY!!

Ingredients
3 cups half-and-half or light cream*
3/4 cup vanilla-flavor baking pieces or vanilla-flavor candy coating, chopped
3 inches stick cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Slivers of vanilla-flavor candy coating (optional)
Ground cinnamon (optional)

Directions
1. Combine 1/4 cup of the half-and-half or light cream, vanilla baking pieces or chopped candy coating, stick cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium saucepan; whisk over low heat until vanilla baking pieces or candy is melted. Remove stick cinnamon.
2. Add remaining half-and-half or light cream. Whisk until heated through. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and almond extract. Serve warm in cups or mugs; top with slivers of vanilla-flavor candy coating and sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired. Makes 5 (6-ounce) servings.
*Note: To reduce fat, you may substitute low-fat milk or evaporated fat-free milk for the half-and-half.
Tip: To create the foamy layer on top, blend some of the hot chocolate mixture in a blender container until frothy, and add to each serving.

Enjoy!!! ;)
that my fave white chocolate!!!!! i will try that!!! sound sooo good!

kuifje75 said:
What on Earth are muskat and sultana?

EDIT:
Never mind, I researched it on my own:

Muskat = nutmeg
Sultanas = golden raisins

Seems easy enough. I think I will try and make it this weekend before flying to New Jersey. My father loves stollens and I think he would be pleased with a homemade one. Thank you for the recipe, Liebling!

Occhhh, thank you for fresh my old memory about "Muskat". Yes, that´s NUTMEG... :giggle: I forget the English word for Muskat when I translate into English.

Yes, we have 2 different colors of golden raisins (sultana) and very dark raisins.

Correction:

200g golden raisins (sultana)
100g raisins (very dark "black" raisin)

http://www.murrayhill5.net/blog/inmykitchenblog/kitchenimages/sunmaid.jpg

http://www.sahravi.com/images/raisins/iranian-sultana-raisins.jpg

Sorry to confuse you with color of raisins... :Ohno:

Welcome and let me know after try with your homemade stollen... :thumb:

we make

sugar cookies cut with some christmas cookie cutters
and spritz too

spritz is my favorite

I am looking for a receipe of anise cookie or one of my favorite cookie that I buy at the store called Jungle cookie made by keebler. Hummmmmmmmm Help!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Today we made alot of Christmas cookies at my step mom and dad's house..I did forgot to take my sidekick2 with me to take some pictures but when I came home, I did took a couple of pictures of the cookies we made....Forgive me, they're not as clear as any pictures that are taken by a regular camera ( I didn't have anymore films left ) :lol:....

Attachments

• Photo 62.jpg
    Photo 62.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Photo 63.jpg
    Photo 63.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 12
  • Photo 64.jpg
    Photo 64.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Photo 67.jpg
    Photo 67.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Photo 72.jpg
    Photo 72.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 11
^Angel^ said:
Today we made alot of Christmas cookies at my step mom and dad's house..I did forgot to take my sidekick2 with me to take some pictures but when I came home, I did took a couple of pictures of the cookies we made....Forgive me, they're not as clear as any pictures that are taken by a regular camera ( I didn't have anymore films left ) :lol:....

ooooo i see there peanut butters .. lol I love peanut butters lol

^Angel^ said:
*drooling over the cookies* They look yummy! :)

Back