Christmas Cookies.....

Angel

♥"Concrete Angel"♥
Premium Member
Reaction score
What kind of Christmas cookies do you make and which one is your fave?...

I love sugar cookies decorated with butter icing frosting, ( my mom has alot of Christmas cutters to make sugar cookies out of it ), my boys sure loves them too...

The cookies I make every year are :

Sugar cookies

Oatmeal Butter-scout cookies

Chocolate chips

What are those cinnamon stars?....Do you have a recipe for that?...

Click on the link and it will take you to an English language recipe.
I am trying to find the English language recipes for others.

^Angel^ said:
What are those cinnamon stars?....Do you have a recipe for that?...

See English recipe in Kuiji75's German link...

Cinnamon Stars

Ingredients:

Rating:

Rate this recipe
3 egg whites
250 g icing sugar
300 g ground almonds
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. rum
a little lemon zest
Add to shopping list | View shopping list

Recipe:
Beat the egg whites until very firm and pour in the icing sugar bit by bit. Put 4 tbs. of the egg white mixture aside for the glaze. Mix everything with the beaten egg white. Roll out the dough between cellophane sheets to about 1/2 cm thick. If the dough is too wet, just add a bit more of the ground almonds until it is firm enough to flatten with a rolling pin.

Cut stars out of the dough with a star shaped cookie cutter and place them on a lined baking tray. Preheat the oven to 150 °C.

Mix the left over beaten egg white with the rum and stir until you've created a smooth glaze. Cover the cinnamon stars on the tray with the glaze. Bake the cinnamon stars for about 10 - 15 minutes.

Thumb-print cookies

Grandma's cut out cookies

Peanut Butter Blossoms

M&M Cookies

Chocolate chips cookies.

Mmmmmm!!

Oh I see it now, interesting Thank you kuifje75 and Liebling....My mom makes those butter cinnamon cookies and they're really good....I'll see if I could get a recipe from her....

M&M cookies? mmm... sounds good, do you make those out of sugar cookies?..

I baked many german cookies...

Vanillie kipferl
cocnut macaroon
cinammon cookies
butter cookie
fruit cookies
jam cookies
chocolate cookies
gingerbread cookies
rum balls

(I dont' like cinammon stars)

German Christmas butter loaf... (Stollen).

Anyone who like to have German Christmas cookies receipes... I will be happy to add here... :ily:

peanut butter balls with choc dip

pretzels with cover white choco yummy!

i did make my own cake (loaf pan) with whipped cream and cherry... if u wanna know abt that then let me know...

Fluffy Pumpkin spice cheesecake pie..

Liebling:-))) said:
German Christmas butter loaf... (Stollen).

Anyone who like to have German Christmas cookies receipes... I will be happy to add here... :ily:

I have never baked my own stollen. I always went to the German store to buy some stollens. I am curious if it is hard to make a stollen? Can you give me the recipe for it, please? Thanks

kuifje75 said:
I have never baked my own stollen. I always went to the German store to buy some stollens. I am curious if it is hard to make a stollen? Can you give me the recipe for it, please? Thanks

Well, it's not really work hard. I would say ... bake with mager quark is easier than yeast. I have yeast machine that I can make bread, yeast cakes and stollen. If no machine, that you has to use with your own hand to mix the dough with Quark....

Yeast... you need good muscle... keep on "massage" the dough... :D

Sure, no problem...

I will put German recipe here and also English, too.

I have 2 different recipes for Stollen...

One with mager Quark...

One with hefe (yeast)... but I prefer stollen made of Quark than yeast... Of course I will give you 2 receipes then you will decide which one... :ily:

Well, it's not really work hard. I would say ... bake with mager quark is easier than yeast. I have yeast machine that I can make bread, yeast cakes and stollen.

Sure, no problem...

I will put German recipe here and also English, too.

I have 2 different recipes for Stollen...

One with mager Quark...

One with hefe (yeast)... but I prefer stollen made of Quark than yeast... Of course I will give you 2 receipes then you will decide which one... :ily:
psst.. i just remind u,, look at ur under avatar.. happy halloween... :lol:

TweetyBird said:
psst.. i just remind u,, look at ur under avatar.. happy halloween... :lol:

:o :Oops: I didn't pay my attention on my avator until you remind me... :o... I am going to change my avator tonight and correct "happy halloween"

:o :Oops: I didn't pay my attention on my avator until you remind me... :o... I am going to change my avator tonight and correct "happy halloween"
hehehe... dont be :Oops: :hug:

that what I love about christmas.. our family and relatives exchange cookies every year on christmas eve...

I tend to make

~*Cut out Cookies... (this time is different since my man works in sweet celebration formerly maid of scandvian, he gets free stuff and brought me stencils) like this..
stenciled cookies

am going to try this year.. we tend to see who got the delicious and good looking cookies will get prizes instead of exchange gifts. but most of time we do both..

~*Russian teacakes our fav-- always out and had to hide from kids before its gone..

~*Spritz w/decorated or food colored dough - green or red....

~*Krumkake cookies w/dipped in choclate or pwodered sugar

~*pumpkin bars (left over from thanksgiving pumpkins that i cut pieces and steamed or bake them then mash to make sauce)

~*magic cookie bar (cant resist this)

one more.. its very important in our family tradiontional.. we exchange Amish Bread starter...on thanksgiving weekend or end of Nov... so we can bake breads on christmas eve.. they add or made different way..
I tend to make cinnamon sugar amish bread..

others are like chocolate chip banana amish bread, rubharb, candied fruits, raisins, cranberry raisins, pineapple upside down amish bread bar..

its interesting to see others make ... its fun..

but some of you have different.. will like to try something different..

Have happy safe cooking and have fun..

:grouphug:

TweetyBird said:
peanut butter balls with choc dip..

Dang! I love peanut butter yummmmmmy.. new to me peanut butter balls with chocolate dip :confused: lol but i love peanut butter lol

DeafMonkey said:
Dang! I love peanut butter yummmmmmy.. new to me peanut butter balls with chocolate dip :confused: lol but i love peanut butter lol
ok i am going to give u repices

Chocolate covered peanut butter balls...

1 1/2 cup powedered sugar

1 cup peanut butter

1/2 stick butter, melted

4 tbsp. canned cream

1 tbsp. vanilla

1/2 tsp. salt

Mix together and shape into balls. refrigerate for ur hour. Melt 1 semi sweet chocolate with 1/2 block paraffin wax.. dip balls into chocolate mixture, can use fork. place on waxed paper to harden..

When I grew up I don't remember some kind of cookies that my adopted mom made. I only remembered sugar cookies, PB balls, chocolate chips and others.

As right now I am living on my own...I make sugar cookies, cut out cookies with frosting (my son loves that!), pb balls (will make that this year for my son and my boyfriend), and few others...but I also dip preztels in chocolate, bugles with pb and dipped in chocolates, and will try find new recipes to add this year. My boyfriend go NUT over preztels with chocolate! He'll eat them all no matter what!!!

Back