Christins actually worshipping a WHAT??!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They worship the Bible, the Cross, the statue of Virgin Mary, the statue of Jesus, etc. ;)
Not in my home or church!

I love the movie " PASSION". Its very moving. But worship that? No. Its telling us what happen and the meaning of crucifixion and get the idea how horrible His death was. I agree, we should not worship or bow before anything that been man made images, even crucifixion on the wall. The picture of Jesus isn't actually look like Him. And true, that also should not worship the picture of Jesus. Now about cartton, they have children cartoon of Jesus and Bible stories. But that not mean you worship that, but learning the stories about Jesus and even memory verse and etc, God didn't forbid kids to enjoy. Its depend how you look at. I know what you mean and that's good for you to share how you see it about it and I agree, we should not worship or bow before anything man made stuff.
FINALLY, about time you admit to telling in public post that you love the movie "PASSION". you actually worship the statue of the IDOL JESUS that man made, didn't you know that?

But that not mean you worship that, but learning the stories about Jesus and even memory verse and etc
see that Because it does not, you TWIST many WORD to make it fit. like christians put kids in nazi's doctrine system what they teach them white things amd everything is white, indeed..

We only worship to God, nothing anything else with Mary Virgin or other idol worship! It is sad to hear that way because that is not following in the Bible. The devil is laughing at them like that.
Cherokee, No I never put my fingerpoint at christians who worship virgin mary.. I knew there are different the between christians and catholics what people worshipping... christians worshipping the jesus of white man and catholics worshipping the virigin Mary of hispanic woman.

Yes there is one movie about Jesus' final hours - "The Passion" directed by Mel Gibson. This movie is full with gore and bloody. Not good for weak stomach people.
movie is awesome made by Mel Gibson, but kind of scary and gross. hehehe..

Huh? What movie, TV movie, or cartoon have I watched about Jesus? I very rarely go to any movies (IMAX only), I don't even know any cartoons about Jesus, and I can't recall any recent TV movies about Jesus.
have you read chick tract cartoon?? anyway I forget thick cartoon book about God.. it is good for kids.. ..

Why couldn't He be referring to Himself?

Which verse are you referring to, please?
I will find verse what it referring tonight or tomorrow.. if you don't mind to wait and patient with me? if yes.. so thanks for patient ,i really apperciate it..

Uum, xgmer, why you think I worship the movie and thinking Jesus is white? Who says I believe Jesus is white? I never said that. While on earth Jesus was more as mid eastern. But when He return, He won't look like Him while He was on earth. Question. Since my touched by the movie and claiming I worship that and then changing story by telling kingofnoob you enjoying it. Is it because I'm a christian and white? So by constantly cutting me down? Is it a revenge? If so, for what? I have no clue why you are bashing against me and hating me so much even we haven't met.

I dont hate God/Jesus and holy bible. In fact- I love Jesus and agree with his teaching - having good morals and how we should treat other people with love.

I dont just like people throwing bible around and think they re more 'Holier than you' just because they follow bible/going to church.

have you read chick tract cartoon?? anyway I forget thick cartoon book about God.. it is good for kids.. ..
I have read Chick tracts but I don't use them. I prefer other tracts. That's just my personal preference. I don't know which book that you mean.

I will find verse what it referring tonight or tomorrow.. if you don't mind to wait and patient with me? if yes.. so thanks for patient ,i really apperciate it..
I'm always patient with you. :)

... christians worshipping the jesus of white man and catholics worshipping the virigin Mary of hispanic woman.
Huh? Jesus was "of white man" and the virgin Mary was "of hispanic woman." :confused:

FINALLY, about time you admit to telling in public post that you love the movie "PASSION". you actually worship the statue of the IDOL JESUS that man made, didn't you know that?
Just because people watch a movie, and are touched by the message, doesn't mean they worship it.

There is a BIG difference between watching a movie and feeling emotion, and kneeling down before a statue and praying to it.

... like christians put kids in nazi's doctrine system what they teach them white things amd everything is white, indeed..
Anyone who teaches their kids "Nazi" doctrines is NOT teaching them the Christian way, for sure.

Any racist doctrine (white, black, brown, or red) is NOT Christian.

I dont hate God/Jesus and holy bible. In fact- I love Jesus and agree with his teaching - having good morals and how we should treat other people with love.

I dont just like people throwing bible around and think they re more 'Holier than you' just because they follow bible/going to church.
I agree with you. Bec I've been there and met soooo many are like that. In my early christian life, I was like that, but not like, stuff in the throat, but notice why people feel that way. Yet, I learned so much and seeing what God is saying after I studied so much how Jesus shared and walked. What really nauseating me is that I've seen so many Harriet Oleson's (little house on the prairie) lifestyle who damage so many people's lives, I've been victimize by them. Whatever mistakes I did which they don't do such thing, they come right out telling the world the sin I committed, but giivng their own excuses of their sin, that is two face, judgemental, gossipping/backstabbing. But does that mean I can go do whatever I want, no, I have to discipline, inspite how "self righteous" many of them are affected me. Bec God will judge and correct me as much He will do them. On the other hand, secular ways, as long I keep strive with the help of the Holy Spirit, the more secular do everyway to tear me down and bashing, put their words in my mouth and claiming that I act that way and etc. Jesus experience the same. King David experience the same. Jeremiah experience the same, Elijah experienced the same. Like I said about the old saying, "nothing is new under the sun". Thinking today is a "new culture" and its 21st century, the fact is, is not true at all. What's going on today is no different in the past.

And Catholics worship Virgin Mary. They share same bible with Christianity. Go figures.

Wrong

Sorry

Catholics don't WORSHIP the Virgin Mary. We ask Mary for prayers because she is the MOTHER OF GOD. Everyone knows that Mom's can get their kids to do things other people might not be able to. :D (Think - Wedding Feast at Cana)

Also we HONOUR Mary because she carried Christ in her womb and raised GOD!

Also - worship statues and pictures? NO! NO! We don't worship those. We worship only God. You have pictures of family and friends in your house, yes? Do you worship those? No, you remind yourself with those pictures of those people are and then maybe remember to talk to your mom because you saw her picture!

Wrong

Sorry

Catholics don't WORSHIP the Virgin Mary. We ask Mary for prayers because she is the MOTHER OF GOD. Everyone knows that Mom's can get their kids to do things other people might not be able to. :D (Think - Wedding Feast at Cana)

Also we HONOUR Mary because she carried Christ in her womb and raised GOD!

Also - worship statues and pictures? NO! NO! We don't worship those. We worship only God. You have pictures of family and friends in your house, yes? Do you worship those? No, you remind yourself with those pictures of those people are and then maybe remember to talk to your mom because you saw her picture!

Perhaps the term of 'worship' is wrong. But christianity doesn't have any statue of Virgin mary nor honor her in their church.

FYI, christianity disagree with catholic's teaching and accused them to be crusaders- so what is your take on that one?

Perhaps the term of 'worship' is wrong. But christianity doesn't have any statue of Virgin mary nor honor her in their church.

FYI, christianity disagree with catholic's teaching and accused them to be crusaders- so what is your take on that one?

So you have no picture of your Mom in your house, doesn't mean I can't have her in my house! Catholics think of Mary as our Mother also. This is based on the scene at the bottom of the Cross with Jesus "Woman here is your son, Son here is your Mother" We put ourselves into the place of John. So we honour her as our Mother.

I said it before and I'l say it again. The Crusades happened well before the Reformation happened so there were no "Catholics" to blame it on. All Christians were the same congregation/church/group so if you blame the Catholic Church, you also should blame yourself.

So you have no picture of your Mom in your house, doesn't mean I can't have her in my house! Catholics think of Mary as our Mother also. This is based on the scene at the bottom of the Cross with Jesus "Woman here is your son, Son here is your Mother" We put ourselves into the place of John. So we honour her as our Mother.

I said it before and I'l say it again. The Crusades happened well before the Reformation happened so there were no "Catholics" to blame it on. All Christians were the same congregation/church/group so if you blame the Catholic Church, you also should blame yourself.

This is from Deut. That's why we don't use that in home or church.

[7] Thou shalt have none other gods before me.
[8] Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth:
[9] Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,
[10] And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.
[11] Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain: for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
[12] Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee.

I love the movie " PASSION". Its very moving. But worship that? No. Its telling us what happen and the meaning of crucifixion and get the idea how horrible His death was.

Yep, It makes us understand how Jesus went through and who he was, being rejected, the one who suffered for our sins, crucifixion, death, and resurrection. He's love was shown us when he suffered in the garden for all of the sins of the world. ;) I love that movie, even own the dvd movie of Passion of Christ.

[8] Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth:
[9] Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,
[10] And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.
[11] Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain: for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
[12] Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee.

Where version and chapters? Thanks!

Yep, It makes us understand how Jesus went through and who he was, being rejected, the one who suffered for our sins, crucifixion, death, and resurrection. He's love was shown us when he suffered in the garden for all of the sins of the world. ;) I love that movie, even own the dvd movie of Passion of Christ.

Me too! I love watch Passion of Christ many times. I bought DVD Passion of Christ.

[8] Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth:[9] Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

The way I understand that is that you can't have pictures of anything; including your actual family, pets, sports teams, presidents, yourself, friends, absolutely anything! "In Heaven, on the Earth and under the Earth/in the water" is pretty clear to me! :D

The point of the passage must be remembered! In that time many different groups worshipped the statues/images and offered them food. Basically saying that those items WERE the gods. God told the Israelites not to do this so that they would be a "nation set apart".

Today, Catholics know that (except maybe for small children who can't tell the difference yet) the images we have are NOT Jesus Christ, God, The Holy Spirit, the Saints or even the Devil. These are PICTURES and STATUES that REMIND US of those People. Like having a picture of your family or a statue of a president around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back