Christianity: Long lifespans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wiki has an interesting bit about the lifespans,
"Noah died 350 years after the Flood, at the age of 950, the last of the immensely long-lived antediluvian Patriarchs. The maximum human lifespan, as depicted by the Bible, diminishes rapidly thereafter, from as much as 900 years to the 120 years of Moses within just a few generations. And if depicting the Bible in a literal perspective, within another few generations down to less than 100 years on average." - So, could this be taken to mean that, as an explanation for this-- God shrinks the lifespans of people down after that? Maybe we were increasing in number far too quickly beforehand or something. Just my two cents. :)

I want to see Bible, Christianity, and any comment is related to here, please. Thank you once again, for understanding. :):)

Mann_K05's post.
In importance note - I don't want to see anyone else said "your bible is wrong; it's totally myth/a fairy tale/etc; but religion people said the same thing!; etc etc etc" THIS THREAD IS FOR CHRISTIANITY DISCUSSION ONLY, PERIOD. Thank you for understanding.

You want to get answer from Christianity only, not any different relgious beleivers. Okay, I respect your wish but I hope you don't mind that I create a new thread similar as your thread but with different title because I want to collect ANY answers from different relgious beleivers, not just Christians. I hope you don't mind.

Well, I understand your point. I also know that in those days there were giants too.

The reason i belive that people lived longer was because of the enviroument that existed in those days. I belive that ther was water covering the whole earth right between air and space. That created a perfect "greenhouse" it was always 70 degrees or around there. There was no seasons. It was like spring year around so plants grew like crazy and were very healthy. Not much deseaises then like today. That's why people lived longer. They didn't even eat meat till after the flood.

Yes, I got your point about difference climate between before and after Noah Ark's time but the people do ate meat before Noah Ark's time?

Yes, I got your point about difference climate between before and after Noah Ark's time but the people do ate meat before Noah Ark's time?

The verses I am about to quote is where I get my belief that human and animals didn't eat meat before the flood.

Genesis 1: 29-30 (NASB)

29. Then God said , "Behold , I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth , and every tree which has fruit yielding seed ; it shall be food for you;
30. and to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the sky and to every thing that moves on the earth which has life, I have given every green plant for food"; and it was so.

Genesis 9: 2-3 (This is right after they got off the ark and God was giving them instruction of how to live new life.)

2. "The fear of you and the terror of you will be on every beast of the earth and on every bird of the sky ; with everything that creeps on the ground , and all the fish of the sea , into your hand they are given .
3. "Every moving thing that is alive shall be food for you; I give all to you, as I gave the green plant .

You want to get answer from Christianity only, not any different relgious beleivers. Okay, I respect your wish but I hope you don't mind that I create a new thread similar as your thread but with different title because I want to collect ANY answers from different relgious beleivers, not just Christians. I hope you don't mind.

Sure. Go ahead. :)

Speaking of christianity lifespan, it sound like how did that started and when did it started? So, According to the Bible, it was in Jerusalem at Pentecost, 33 C.E. (A.D.) . See Acts 2:48, "And the Lord added to the church daily..", and Acts 11:26, "And the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch" .

Christianity originated with the First-Century Christians after the death of Jesus. At that time, the Mosaic Law Covenant ceased to be required for salvation, as the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ replaced the need for constant sacrifices.

As the apostles died off at the end of the first century, Christianity became more blended with politics (the original Christians were politically neutral), and inter-mingled with some Pagan practices, to become what is known as Christianity today.

This was the beginning of the the "name" Christians. The belief that there was going to need to be a Savior actually started with Adam. All the prophets from the beginning taught of the coming of Christ. The institution of the Law of Sacrifice was established with Adam. This law was meant to remind him and his posterity of a greater sacrifice that would need to be made for all mankind.

The term Christian means follower of Christ. Jesus Christ began his ministry in the year 29 C.E. soon after his baptism in the Jordan River. Christianity had begun, yet they were not called "Christians" until a short time after Jesus death. At Antioch they were given the name Christians (Acts 11:25-26).

In the Middle East, around Israel and Egypt. After Jesus came, died and ascended to Heaven, many Jews converted to a new religion called Christianity because they had seen the long-awaited Messiah that the Jewish religion still waits for today. In the Medieval times, Europeans and Catholicism made Christianity what it is today, while Martin Luther and his 95 Thesis started the Protestant Reformation in Europe around the same time.

:confuse: I dont think it's belong to the Adam and Noah time since my thread is about longevity (long lifespan).

But your post is very interesting, cool information, and a few new somethings for me to learn a bit more from go on. It's actually important for Chrisitans/Creationists to know about the history of Christianity. Thank you for sharing with us! :ty: :D

:confuse: I dont think it's belong to the Adam and Noah time since my thread is about longevity (long lifespan).

But your post is very interesting, cool information, and a few new somethings for me to learn a bit more from go on. It's actually important for Chrisitans/Creationists to know about the history of Christianity. Thank you for sharing with us! :ty: :D

You are welcome, I just learn that myself too when I used to watch discovery channel history all the time. I am always learning something new everyday. I don't think we ever stop learning something new all the time. :) :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back