Chinese Food

Can't beat Kim-chi, it's most healthy Korea made. Of course, it's spicy. Not too hot.

there are several kinds. ULTRA spicy, not so-spicy, ripe, sour, etc.

how much? in here - it's $5 at c-town but $9 at "suburb restaurant"

$5 is the price for where we frequent. I don't know if we even have suburban Pho restaurants. :lol: Plus I couldn't pay $9 for a bowl of soup.

Suburbs here tend to KFC, Pizza Hut. And so on. Except one cafe that is all vegan (but you can add shrimp, chicken, or tofu for a little extra)

They do Korean rice bowls and pasta bowls. Weird fusion, will not fusion since they are separate dishes, but odd concept.

:hmm: I will look up Pho...

I have seen kimchee at my health food store....

I think Indian may be my actual favorite; we have several East Indian restaurants here that I really like and it seems more likely to get authentic than at some other ethnic places here.

Suburbs all have these chains, I like to try unique or local "different" places, when I try someplace supposed to be "authentic" i relax my eating/health preferences to have more open mind - although I do have to be careful about my allergies.

When traveling I saw French-Chinese "bistro" place<?>

there are several kinds of pho but the main ingredient is same. There are meat pho, seafood pho, vegetarian pho, etc. the most popular and common pho is "pho bo" - meat pho.

pho97_pho_dac_biet.jpg

ingredient - soup, meat, noodle, lemon, and basil. that's it! very simple! it comes within 5-10 min after ordering. it should cost $5.

there are several kinds of pho but the main ingredient is same. There are meat pho, seafood pho, vegetarian pho, etc. the most popular and common pho is "pho bo" - meat pho.

pho97_pho_dac_biet.jpg

ingredient - soup, meat, noodle, lemon, and basil. that's it! very simple! it comes within 5-10 min after ordering. it should cost $5.

You forgot to say ingredients come separately and you put how you want into the broth. At least here.

You forgot to say ingredients come separately and you put how you want into the broth. At least here.

ah yes - basil leaves, lime, and bean sprouts come in separate dish. It's up to you to put it in your bowl or not.

ah yes - basil leaves, lime, and bean sprouts come in separate dish. It's up to you to put it in your bowl or not.

Since Italian food is your fav, I bet the basil is what makes you like the pho so much. Italians use a lot of basil for seasoning.

:hmm: okay, :ty:for all info. about Pho! :) I am going to look for some next time I go out to eat somewhere-

I love the smell of fresh basil.
also love ginger, I put ginger in my oatmeal

Since Italian food is your fav, I bet the basil is what makes you like the pho so much. Italians use a lot of basil for seasoning.

yep! basil is my #1 favorite veggie. I frequently ask for double portion of basil for my pho. I wish I can buy a truckload of it straight out of garden because that's how much I can consume in a week but it's not cheap...

I'm pretty picky about basil. Most of them are "low (or mediocre) quality" because it barely has any flavor and the smell is weak. I like the one that gives off strong basil smell and has rich taste. I can easily smell it a mile away! :lol: one day... I will have a nice cozy small house with a little garden to grow my own basil. Last week in my condo elevator.. I smelled something and looked around. I told this guy - that's a very very good basil you got there, sir. I looked at the guy and he's Italian. :lol:

yep! basil is my #1 favorite veggie. I frequently ask for double portion of basil for my pho. I wish I can buy a truckload of it straight out of garden because that's how much I can consume in a week but it's not cheap...

I'm pretty picky about basil. Most of them are "low (or mediocre) quality" because it barely has any flavor and the smell is weak. I like the one that gives off strong basil smell and has rich taste. I can easily smell it a mile away! :lol: one day... I will have a nice cozy small house with a little garden to grow my own basil. Last week in my condo elevator.. I smelled something and looked around. I told this guy - that's a very very good basil you got there, sir. I looked at the guy and he's Italian. :lol:

My husband has a kitchen garden in back and he grows several kinds of basil and also different mint. Chocolate mint plant smells really great!

Hello Huggy friend. I love Chinese food. I haven't tried all dishes of course. I am particularly fond of Schezuan style. I like spicy.
Do you like American style food? Burgers, fries, casseroles? If you like American food, what is your favorite?

Hello Huggy friend. I love Chinese food. I haven't tried all dishes of course. I am particularly fond of Schezuan style. I like spicy.
Do you like American style food? Burgers, fries, casseroles? If you like American food, what is your favorite?

I like American food of medium steak with a baked potato with sour cream loaded with chives.

Also pot pies, and tv dinners, although I probably should not admit it.

i miss chinese food. I forget which real chinese food is. :( Japanese and Korean food are good too. but I don't go to japanese or korean restuarant enough.

My husband has a kitchen garden in back and he grows several kinds of basil and also different mint. Chocolate mint plant smells really great!

blame the rabbit if they're all gone :whistle:

oh hell yea! STEAK. BBQ SPARE RIBS. HAMBURGERS! :drool:

I love homemade pot pies. Pot is optional. hehehe

I love Vietnamese bean larb, a lemony rice noodle dish, Korean bulgogi and kim chee, Japanese tofu dishes (hiyayakko?) and sushi, Chinese is Hui Guo Rou (twice cooked pork), and most fish dishes or noodles from all regions.

Back