Chinese Food

It helps to have first-generation Korean friends who like to cook. :P

My next door neighbor who's also korean, always cook because I smell it in the hallway. Never bother to say "Hello" because they're always busy and seem quiet and shy too even they don't speak english either, I heard them speak in their korean language.

My next door neighbor who's also korean, always cook because I smell it in the hallway. Never bother to say "Hello" because they're always busy and seem quiet and shy too even they don't speak english either, I heard them speak in their korean language.

you should say hello to them! they may not look too friendly when replying back. just give it some time.

Me too except Korean *Shrug* I haven't taste Korean yet, maybe someday.

I introduced my ex to Korean food couple months ago and she loves it very much especially kimchi. now she will go on a year-long study abroad next year in Korea so this is a good "transition" for her.

I have heard that many Americans grow to love Korean food especially kimchi and bim-bim-bop since that Olympic held in Korea.

HUsband loves dim sum....he loves all the fried stuff, I don't eat it.....but as is often the case - yeah, if one actually goes to China, I can guess that -except maybe for the rice - much of the foods would not actually mirror what passes for "Chinese food" here. Also, the chopsticks - I learned to use them when I was living in International dorm. But I rarely see them being used by public in Asian-American restaurants.

I do not saute or stir fry w/veggies and brown rice

I went to an authentic dim sum restaurant in China Town in Chicago. What we ate there does not resemble Americanized Chinese food in any way! Two of the dishes we had were chicken feet and pork intestines. The pork intestines were a bit chewy, but they had really good flavor. Not much but fat on the chicken feet, but the sauce they were cooked in was great.

I love Chinese, Thai, and some Korean foods. I believe they are practically the national dishes of the United States.

Possibly they are a little different that what you are eating in Hong Kong though. ;)

I went to an authentic dim sum restaurant in China Town in Chicago. What we ate there does not resemble Americanized Chinese food in any way! Two of the dishes we had were chicken feet and pork intestines. The pork intestines were a bit chewy, but they had really good flavor. Not much but fat on the chicken feet, but the sauce they were cooked in was great.

now we're talking! one of my favorite is ox tail soup :drool:

at first when I saw a dish of what you just mentioned, I was horrified. My chinese friend coaxed me to try it so I did. well well well... it wasn't what I thought it would taste like but let's just say - I rather not eat it on regular basis but I'd eat it again if offered.

ooh, that spicy and that basil curry, YUM!

I bet that authentic restaurant in Chicago was intriguing! I do like to try different sauces, too.
chicken feet and intestines.....my dogs eat those<raw> all time.
"intestines" make me think of my dad's beloved kishke:)
once some years back my family and I was visiting my aunt <mom's sis> in San Jose and we went to this tiny, almost hard-to-spot Korean restaurant that could maybe fit 8 people, and we all ordered different things and tried. We sat at this table that had round serving platter attached in middle so it could rotate and everyone could reach for different things. We ended up with enough food for like 15 people and all kinds of sauces, it was really great food and fun:)

I have not tried that yet, would like to. What is your fav. Vietnemese dish<es>, Jiro and CJB?

Me too. I also like how they combine sweet and spicy, like basil curry for example.

Yes. Or the cooling and spicy, like the coconut milk in several of their noodle dishes.

I have not tried that yet, would like to. What is your fav. Vietnemese dish<es>, Jiro and CJB?

There are bunch of other dish but I can never remember vietnamese names. It's so... complicated. I just know when I see it.

'kay:)
hubby like that too about Italian food <almost his favorite kind>, he just knows what he likes but not sure about term.
I think there is a new supposedly authentic Asian restaurant that just opened up here, will have to see what kind of food they serve-

How about Vietnamese... Pho anyone?

Pho is great. We have several restaurants here devoted to Pho.

THe weird thing is the coffee with sweetened condensed milk. I don't know the history behind that.

I dislike Korean food (except some dishes). Chinese food.... oh hell yea... yes I'm talking about REAL CHINESE FOOD. not some Panda Express or King Kong.

Can't beat Kim-chi, it's most healthy Korea made. Of course, it's spicy. Not too hot.

'kay:)
hubby like that too about Italian food <almost his favorite kind>, he just knows what he likes but not sure about term.
I think there is a new supposedly authentic Asian restaurant that just opened up here, will have to see what kind of food they serve-

Italian is on my top favorite food along with Chinese, vietnamese, and thai. I'm also extremely fond of indian and mexican food. I like japanese food but very limited. now i'm eating a small lunch that's combination of italian and greek food :)

Pho is great. We have several restaurants here devoted to Pho.

THe weird thing is the coffee with sweetened condensed milk. I don't know the history behind that.

how much? in here - it's $5 at c-town but $9 at "suburb restaurant"

Back