Chinese Food

lindalaumtmlp

Reaction score
Anyone ppl like eat to that?
such as siu mei, dim sum....etc:wave:

Sure, I like Chinese food, such as noodles/stir-fry, honey chicken, etc. But, I think what we (westerners) think is Chinese food, is not really the same as the Chinese food that is cooked/prepared in China?

Love General Chicken Tso, sweet and sour chicken or pork (depend on my mood), beef broccoli, and few others. We don't eat it often cuz it is in very high carbs so we have to keep eye on it. Maybe once a month is OK. :) Hubby go really crazy over the dumplings! (either fried or steamed) :roll:

Now you make me hungry for it! :giggle: Maybe we'll have that next week depend on $. :)

Sure, I like Chinese food, such as noodles/stir-fry, honey chicken, etc. But, I think what we (westerners) think is Chinese food, is not really the same as the Chinese food that is cooked/prepared in China?

:lol: Yeah, most of them were invented by a Canadian in Calgary!

I do like the traditional dim sum though-- even if it's Hong Kong-style, not actual Chinese.

I LOVE Chinese food!! :D But agree with omegaman.

HUsband loves dim sum....he loves all the fried stuff, I don't eat it.....but as is often the case - yeah, if one actually goes to China, I can guess that -except maybe for the rice - much of the foods would not actually mirror what passes for "Chinese food" here. Also, the chopsticks - I learned to use them when I was living in International dorm. But I rarely see them being used by public in Asian-American restaurants.

I do not saute or stir fry w/veggies and brown rice

Mmmmmm, Chinese food!

Of course, that is a broad term because "Chinese" includes several different regions of specialty foods. But I like them all. :P

Omegaman you are SO right. The chinese food in canada compared to the states is a lot different! The chinese food in the states isn't really chinese and have the same traditional dishes that they do here in canada. Probably cuz we have MANY first generation chinese here running their restaurant where as in the states it's like 3rd and 4th gen

It depends on what's being served.

I'm not crazy for lots of rice, just a little rice. Most places I go to serve 80% rice and 20% of something else on each entree.

I do like most of their meats. That's why I like a few of their buffets because I can pick up more of the meat to enjoy.

Some buffets have horrible selections of meat. For instance, one place I went to had crab rangoon, but it was like half a thimble of cream cheese and crab meat inside a huge wrap that was fried so that it was too crispy. When I ate it, it was like eating just the wrap because I couldn't really taste the cream cheese or the crab. They also had ribs, but I had to eat like 7 or 8 ribs to get the satisfaction of 1 regular rib.

Another buffet I went to had a great selection of meats. I actually enjoyed it a lot more. :)

I like authentic Chinese food, not only Chinese food, I like variety of asian food such as Japanese, Indian, Thai and Vietnamese except Korean-> Nevvvva tried them. I also like different culture food such.

Lo Mein Chicken w/veggies
Garlic Chicken
Chicken w/gravy Broccoli
Kung Pao
Cod Filet w/veggies
Fish Ball soup
Won-Ton soup
Chicken or Pork Bun
Orange Flavor Chicken
Sweet & Sour Chicken-sometimes, kinda hard and chewy.

And I prefer steamed rice or brown rice.

My sister ordered good one, I tried to remember the name...O'well

I rarely go to asian fast food (Because of cheap that's why and I need to grab it fast). Most of the time, Me and my boyfriend always go to authentic restaurant than asian fast food.

Last edited:
sometimes if I order veggie stir fry, I want them to add extra veggies, like broccoli, mushroom, Chinese vegetables
and will add tofu

Me too except Korean *Shrug* I haven't taste Korean yet, maybe someday.

I love Chinese food, both Northern and Southern. Love dim sum too. Of course I'm talking about real Chinese food here and not that "Chinese" fast food crap. :)

I dislike Korean food (except some dishes). Chinese food.... oh hell yea... yes I'm talking about REAL CHINESE FOOD. not some Panda Express or King Kong.

I especially like the Thai food I've tried-

I heart thai food. It's my newfound love. It's ALMOST like chinese food but it's got a nice kick in it - the spice.

Back