Casey Anthony found not guilty of her murder charge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing she'd say "I don't know".
If that were the case, why wouldn't she say that at the beginning, instead of making up a nanny that didn't exist? The morning that Casey woke up and saw that Caylee wasn't in her bed, why didn't she call the police and her family immediately?

Does an innocent mother wake up, see the empty bed, and say to herself, "Oh, I don't need to find a babysitter for today; cool!"

Does that make any sense?

If that were the case, why wouldn't she say that at the beginning, instead of making up a nanny that didn't exist? The morning that Casey woke up and saw that Caylee wasn't in her bed, why didn't she call the police and her family immediately?

Does an innocent mother wake up, see the empty bed, and say to herself, "Oh, I don't need to find a babysitter for today; cool!"

Does that make any sense?

I think Casey should at least been found guilty of child neglect! She did not report her baby was missing for 31 days! What if the child was really kidnapped the first few hours really count in finding the child alive. And by lying to the cops about the where the baby was show she was trying to hide something! She has to stay in jail one more year, and I think this is not long enough!

There is a search orginization here in Houston that spend $$$$ and two weeks looking for this sweet little girl but was mis-directed by Casey and the Family. So they are going to sue to recovery that $$$$ based on the lies Casey and the family admit they told in court.

She is coming to Houston....she has a cousin here who will put Casey up in the home

The real question is whether that's a reasonable doubt or not. I didn't see the evidence presented, so it's rather hard to say either way.

She doesn't have to prove her innocence, the prosecution has to prove her guilt, though.

I saw the defense's closing argument the day before I got discharged from the hospital and my heart sank because when I saw the reporters' reaction to it, I realized that Casey could be acquitted of the charges against her.

I've gone over it the last few days and I can see why the jury thought there was reasonable doubt.

Anthony Case Prompts Md. Child-Death Bill - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT Jacksonville

ANNAPOLIS, Md. -- A Maryland lawmaker says the Casey Anthony case has prompted her to propose a bill making it a felony for a parent not to report the death of their child.
Sen. Nancy Jacobs says she received nearly two dozen emails from constituents in Harford and Cecil counties in the days following the verdict in the Florida murder trial. She says they asked that she review Maryland law and find a way to criminalize the act of not reporting the death of one's child.
Jacobs says the bill would make it a felony for a parent, legal guardian or caretaker not to notify law enforcement of the death of a child within a short period of time after the death is discovered.

Since Casey failed to report a death to authorities, illegally dumped a human body, and obstructed justice, can she be charged with those crimes? If Caylee did die accidentally in the pool, Casey still broke those other laws.

Since Casey failed to report a death to authorities, illegally dumped a human body, and obstructed justice, can she be charged with those crimes? If Caylee did die accidentally in the pool, Casey still broke those other laws.

She was charged with obstruction of justice (for lying to the police), which was what her current sentence was. From everything I've read, not reporting a death is apparently not a crime, though many people after this case apparently would like it to be and are working to make it one.

I'm not sure if she was tried for the "illegal dumping of a human body" or not. I'm actually not sure if she could be tried with that or not.

In Texas it is illegal to even dump a dead dog on the side of the road, so how can't it not be, in Florida, a crime to dump the body of a beautiful child on the side of the road!!

Give me a break!

She was charged with obstruction of justice (for lying to the police), which was what her current sentence was.
I heard that she specifically was NOT charged with obstruction of justice but with lying to the police, which are different categories of crime. Obstruction includes other elements, such as hiding or destroying evidence.

From everything I've read, not reporting a death is apparently not a crime, though many people after this case apparently would like it to be and are working to make it one.
I know that they're working on a law specifically regarding parents reporting deaths. However, does a non-parent (such as the grandfather) have to report a death?

I'm not sure if she was tried for the "illegal dumping of a human body" or not. I'm actually not sure if she could be tried with that or not.
No, she wasn't tried for dumping Caylee's body.

It's legal to dump human bodies along the roadside?

I heard that she specifically was NOT charged with obstruction of justice but with lying to the police, which are different categories of crime. Obstruction includes other elements, such as hiding or destroying evidence.

Ah, didn't know that. You're apparently much more informed on this than me, so take any comments I make with a grain of salt, lol.

I know that they're working on a law specifically regarding parents reporting deaths. However, does a non-parent (such as the grandfather) have to report a death?

No clue.

No, she wasn't tried for dumping Caylee's body.

It's legal to dump human bodies along the roadside?

Also no clue. I'm just full of answers, eh? :lol:

Nancy Grace - CNN.com Blogs

Seriously, how can you look at her picture smiling and think shes innocent? She shouldn't even be smiling because now, everyone is going to want to have a piece of her. I'm willing to bet people will be camping out Weds to see if they can catch her release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back