Casey Anthony found not guilty of her murder charge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who was the last person to see Caylee alive?

According to this, George Anthony was the last to have seen Caylee alive....

http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey-anthony-trial-timeline-key-events/story?id=13990853&page=3

Following is a timeline of the events surrounding the little girl's disappearance and the investigation of her mother:

June 16, 2008 Caylee seen for the last time. The little girl's grandfather George Casey later tells police that he saw Caylee as she was leaving the house on June 16. It is the last time Caylee is reported to have been seen alive.

Jury duty is a patriotic thing. It's part of your civil service.

Not sure how right it is to be judgy about twelve other jurors' actions when you don't want to do it yourself.

Jury duty is a patriotic thing. It's part of your civil service.

Not sure how right it is to be judgy about twelve other jurors' actions when you don't want to do it yourself.

I have been summoned for jury duty 7 times. 6 of them when I could still hear or had my HA's. They never needed me, so I did not serve. Then I got a summons here about a year ago. I asked if they had anything available for me as I am deaf and did not know enough ASL to warrant an interpreter. A that time, the courthouse had nothing that would work for me, but they needed proof that I was deaf and it had to be current proof. I had to get a fresh new audio-gram for them and they still did not believe. I then sent them the papers that proved that I had lost my hearing with no chance of ever regaining it and did not qualify for any CI's or HA's. They called St. Louis to verify and finally believed and relieved me to my summons. They then told me that I was removed from the registry and would never be called again for jury duty.

Correct. Not an accident.

She didn't make the search. In court they proved that she was at work during the time the search was made on her home computer.

I think a lot of that anger is because Casey doesn't seem to care that someone, somehow, killed her child. She didn't search for her when she was supposed to be missing, and she has never publicly said, "I want the killer of my baby found."

Maybe. Maybe not. We still don't know who killed Jon Benet, do we? And her remains weren't even decomposed.

No. We don't know who killed Jon Benet, but, we now know that her parents didn't. That took years to prove.

I would think animals may had gotten to the poor child body too. CRAP! This just a horrible crime! She was only a baby ! I do not know how Casey can sleep at night!

Its almost always a given that decomposition happens, which includes predation if the body is left to the elements.

How can Casey sleep at night? Nobody can say, but, you really need to come off your anger and look at this case objectively. There simply was not enough evidence to convict her. You can't change that!

Casey Anthony's attorney: Caylee got justice
By the CNN Wire Staff
July 6, 2011 8:08 p.m. EDT
Jose Baez, lead defense attorney for Casey Anthony, answers questions after the jury found his client not guilty.
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
NEW: Verdict brought justice for Caylee, defense attorney says
Jeff Ashton was on the prosecution team in the Casey Anthony trial
He claims Anthony showed premeditation in the death of Caylee, 2
The Florida prosecutor is retiring
RELATED TOPICS
Jeff Ashton
Casey Anthony
Caylee Anthony
George Anthony
(CNN) -- Casey Anthony's lawyer said Wednesday that her acquittal signified justice for little Caylee Anthony, who prosecutors unsuccessfully argued died at the hands of her mother.
"Caylee would never have wanted her mother to suffer this way," defense attorney Jose Baez told Barbara Walters of ABC News. "Caylee certainly never wanted her mother to die."
Baez and prosecutor Jeff Ashton separately spoke publicly and with the media Wednesday about their reactions to the verdict.
Confident the state had presented everything it could to prove Casey Anthony killed her daughter, Ashton recalled his shock when Florida jurors decided otherwise.
"When I heard the 'not guilty' on the child abuse, I knew that was it," said the assistant state prosecutor. "I remember mouthing 'wow' four or five times to myself."
Clark: Casey more shocking than O.J. Prosecution 'disappointed' by verdict
Ashton, speaking with InSession's Beth Karas, said he is convinced there was no evidence that Caylee, 2, died accidentally in 2008.
After less than 11 hours of deliberation, a jury Tuesday found Casey Anthony not guilty of first-degree murder and the other most serious charges. But the jury convicted her on four misdemeanor counts of providing false information to law enforcement officers. She will be sentenced Thursday.
Juror Jennifer Ford told ABC News that she and the other jurors cried and were "sick to our stomachs" after voting to acquit Anthony.
"I did not say she was innocent," said Ford, who had previously only been identified as juror number 3. "I just said there was not enough evidence. If you cannot prove what the crime was, you cannot determine what the punishment should be."

Prosecutors alleged Casey Anthony used chloroform to render her daughter unconscious and then duct-taped her mouth and nose to suffocate her. They said that she put the child's body in the trunk of her car for a few days before disposing of it. Caylee's skeletal remains were discovered December 11, 2008, by former Orange County meter reader Roy Kronk.
Defense attorneys maintained the child drowned in the Anthony's above-ground pool on June 16, and that Casey Anthony and her father, George Anthony, panicked upon finding her there and covered up the death. George Anthony denied that in his testimony.
Ashton told InSession that Casey Anthony showed premeditation by "her leaving with Caylee and her never being seen again."
The prosecutor acknowledged no expert determination of a cause of death was significant. Still, Ashton said, he would like to know how duct tape came to be found on Caylee's skull.
Ashton also spoke of confrontations at pre-trial hearings and during the trial with Baez.
"For Jose, everybody that was on the other side was the enemy and was lying and was this and that," Ashton said. "We went through a lot of accusations and there were times when I responded to them. We fought hard and I fight hard with most people I went to trial with."
There will be no legal restrictions on Casey Anthony profiting on the details of this case, cashing in on deals for movies, books or interviews, analysts say.
Prosecutors on Wednesday filed a motion seeking reimbursement by Anthony, based on her convictions, for special costs related to investigation and prosecution.
Much was made of Casey Anthony's behavior, included partying, after Caylee disappeared.
"We judge people pretty harshly. We judge them as if we know how we would react in their shoes," Baez told ABC. "We are not in their shoes. We have not lived the life they have lived."
"People respond to trauma in various ways," Baez said, adding he is concerned about Anthony's personal security.
After 30 years, Ashton is retiring. He put that off to help handle the Anthony case.
"This case was the most fascinating, complex, the most challenging case that I could possibly hope for," he said. "Everything after this would just be boring."

Casey Anthony's attorney: Caylee got justice - CNN.com

I heard Oprah news I saw it I heard it story, I images my think! sound interesting!

I have been summoned for jury duty 7 times. ^ of them when I could still hear or had my HA's. They never needed me, so I did not serve. Then I got a summons here about a year ago. I asked if they had anything available for me as I am deaf and did not know enough ASL to warrant an interpreter. A that time, the courthouse had nothing that would work for me, but they needed proof that I was deaf and it had to be current proof. I had to get a fresh new audio-gram for them and they still did not believe. I then sent them the papers that proved that I had lost my hearing with no chance of ever regaining it and did not qualify for any CI's or HA's. They called St. Louis to verify and finally believed and relieved me to my summons. They then told me that I was removed from the registry and would never be called again for jury duty.

I took whatdidyousay!'s post to mean that he/she did not want to go. But many HEARING people try to skirt jury duty and I'm sure they're all complaining about this verdict right now! :D

At any rate, she was acquitted by a jury of her peers. Twelve of them. Twelve people that the prosecution helped select.

She has Jedi powers. That little hand wave in direction of the jury before they read the verdict .... :hmm:

Yes, she is guilty. All this case proved was there was not enough evidence to convict her.

How convenient.

If Casey didn't kill Caylee, who did?

I read newspaper today. Defense attorneys believed Caylee drowned in the family's swimming pool. Casey panicked and concealed the death b/c of traumatic effects of sexual abuse by her father.

Prosecutors believed Casey suffocated Caylee with duct tape because she wanted to ensure a carefree life of boyfriends and bars.

Casey's attorneys also believed Casey's father,former police officer decided to make the death look like a murder by putting duct tape on the girl's mouth and dumping the body in the woods.

So,they will not look for Caylee's killer(s). I feel so bad for the little girl b/c Caylee will never get her justice.

Major reason Casey got away b/c Caylee's body was too decomposed to pinpoint cause of death and no witnesses. Maybe that is why Casey waited for 31 days before reporting her missing. Casey seemed to know what she was doing. She is a selfish ugly bitch.

According to this, George Anthony was the last to have seen Caylee alive....

Page 3: Casey Anthony Trial: Timeline of Key Events - ABC News

Following is a timeline of the events surrounding the little girl's disappearance and the investigation of her mother:

June 16, 2008 Caylee seen for the last time. The little girl's grandfather George Casey later tells police that he saw Caylee as she was leaving the house on June 16. It is the last time Caylee is reported to have been seen alive.
Yet, "June 29: George Anthony deals a blow to his daughter's defense by saying she was the last one to see Caylee alive."

"June 15, 2008: Casey claims to have seen Caylee for the last time. She said she dropped the little girl off at a babysitter's home and when she returned to pick her up, neither Casey nor the babysitter were there."

:dunno:

They didn't convince me that she murdered anyone. And they focused on that so strongly that they did not focus on lesser charges. Serves em right for being like Nancy Grace (the bag of hate that lives on your tv's. What a peice of garbage. So busy hating that you can't follow the law.
emotions don't count and guessing don't count. there was no proof. them the laws.
get over it.
being a liar don't make a murderer.

...So,they will not look for Caylee's killer(s). I feel so bad for the little girl b/c Caylee will never get her justice.

Major reason Casey got away b/c Caylee's body was too decomposed to pinpoint cause of death and no witnesses. Maybe that is why Casey waited for 31 days before reporting her missing. Casey seemed to know what she was doing.

:hmm:

Here's the rest of the question in reference to that statement.

Who was Caylee leaving with at that time?

People Magazine cover on Casey Anthony's right cover

Attachments

• peoplecover_205x273.jpg
    peoplecover_205x273.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 7
Yet, "June 29: George Anthony deals a blow to his daughter's defense by saying she was the last one to see Caylee alive."

"June 15, 2008: Casey claims to have seen Caylee for the last time. She said she dropped the little girl off at a babysitter's home and when she returned to pick her up, neither Casey nor the babysitter were there."

We don't know exactly when she died - only that she was last seen alive on June 15. She could have died at anyone's hands after June 15. She could have been alive for longer than June 15.

Nor do we know beyond a reasonable doubt exactly how she died. For all I know, she could have drowned in the pool at their home or parent's home (I dunno which home had the pool) or if her father came to visit mother and child, she could have died at his hands. Or maybe it was the mother. Or maybe her BF did it. Perhaps Casey tried to protect whoever killed Caylee from prison time or it could be the parents covering for their daughter.

As for the baby sitter, they can't find anyone who may have baby sat Caylee so death at the baby sitter's hand is unlikely but it is also possible there really was such a baby sitter and the police hadn't found her.

We don't know exactly when she died - only that she was last seen alive on June 15. She could have died at anyone's hands after June 15. She could have been alive for longer than June 15.
If Casey was the last person with Caylee, then who does she say took Caylee from her?

...As for the baby sitter, they can't find anyone who may have baby sat Caylee so death at the baby sitter's hand is unlikely but it is also possible there really was such a baby sitter and the police hadn't found her.
They've proven that there was no kidnapping babysitter. She doesn't exist.

Here's the rest of the question in reference to that statement.

Who was Caylee leaving with at that time?

With all due respect (and I do respect you!), you want to retry this case here on AD, and that, you cannot do.

She was aquitted because the jury found there was reasonable doubt to think she didn't kill her daughter.

Maybe someday we'll know what happened to Caylee. I honestly hope we find out.

But, you mentioned Jon Benet earlier. One thing that case tought me was that impressions aren't always true. For years, people said that her parents or her brother killed her. Evidence excluding them were ignored, until finally, another DA decided it was prudent to examine that peice of evidence. Lo and behold, the DNA on that child's panties did NOT match anyone in the family! Therefore, they were eliminated as suspects in her murder. As I said earlier in the thread, that took YEARS to happen.

What you read or see on TV isn't always accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back