cant sleep too depressed

SkullChick

Reaction score
Wirelessly posted

when will this feeling go away? It hasn't changed a bit since the engagement ended 3 weeks ago I still feel like black blob, not even human cuz I'm not capable of love like show love and affection to other (esp to my ex fiance) I still feel like my future is big empty of nothing and waste of time I truly believe that my ex fiance is "the one" and I failed as human to have normal life, get married and have babies after graduation now I lost him all that future is gone I do not want anything anymore I dont find anyone attractive and I dont want to be in relationship with anyone and marriage and children is out of question with anyone else its like eating rotten meat, the idea is replusive. I still cry to sleep at bedtime I still dont think life is worth living since I failed as human and things normally given to people in life I got and lost it so its like now what? theres nothing now and no matter what people say to me "it'll get better" "you'll find someone" "you didnt fail as human" whatever I still feel exactly the same

Sorry to hear your engagement's ended.

Talk to a therapist, it might help, but only if you had an open mind, and willing to work thru it.

Last edited:
sorry hear your bad on happened screw up It is very terrible sad!

Hun, its not that you failed, its not your fault and its not that you weren't good enough... it was just he wasn't. I know what you feel and its hard but if its meant to be it will be. Hope you feel better soon!

As much as you hate this... I know it has been said to you over and over again.. Time will heal. As much as you do not believe it right now. It will... Right now it is good that you are venting out and expressing your feelings. Like others suggested. Perhaps it is time for you to seek out help, talk to a therapist. :)

I have been in your shoes once.... It will get better.. :hug:

Wirelessly posted

during the day time I'm okay getting through the day but when it come to bed time it come all crashing down and its worst feeling ever and cant help but cry and grieves over loss. I do have depression I'm on antidepressant for over 2 years honestly I dont think therapy will do much good because I know what he or she would say and I just need to talk my feeling out on alldeaf or friends to get it out of my head

all I can say is time will heal. you will know you feel better when you meet a new guy.

I am sorry. It can still help to talk to a therapist. And tell them exactly how sad you are. They may be able to adjust your depression medicine to help you get through this.

Wirelessly posted

my primary physician said if he increase my dose and I'll be like zombie and its better to still feel little sad than no emotion at all

Wirelessly posted

my primary physician said if he increase my dose and I'll be like zombie and its better to still feel little sad than no emotion at all

Your doctor is right. You have to learn how to work through your emotions, or you won't be any good for yourself. Going to see a therapist during this time might help you learn how to deal with these feelings and emotions. Feeling sad about a break- up is to be expected. There is nothing wrong with that. It's how you deal with the sadness that can make or break the situation.

I understand it's difficult, but as others have said time really does heal all wounds. The right person is out there for you, and when the time is right you will cross paths.

If you know certain times are more difficult for you, why don't you switch up your routine a bit? You gave the example of bedtime being difficult. Why don't you go to the library, and pick up a few light "feel good" books. You can use the time before bed to get lost in a wonderful story.

Just know, this too shall pass. As difficult as it is now, you can and will get through it.

Wirelessly posted

when will this feeling go away? It hasn't changed a bit since the engagement ended 3 weeks ago I still feel like black blob, not even human cuz I'm not capable of love like show love and affection to other (esp to my ex fiance) I still feel like my future is big empty of nothing and waste of time I truly believe that my ex fiance is "the one" and I failed as human to have normal life, get married and have babies after graduation now I lost him all that future is gone I do not want anything anymore I dont find anyone attractive and I dont want to be in relationship with anyone and marriage and children is out of question with anyone else its like eating rotten meat, the idea is replusive. I still cry to sleep at bedtime I still dont think life is worth living since I failed as human and things normally given to people in life I got and lost it so its like now what? theres nothing now and no matter what people say to me "it'll get better" "you'll find someone" "you didnt fail as human" whatever I still feel exactly the same

Give yourself time. Be kind to yourself. Getting over something like this is a process. Do you have a good friend that you can talk honestly to about your feelings?

This is situational. I don't think you need professional intervention at this point. If it gets worse or you are unable to work through it in a reasonable amount of time, then that should be considered. At this point, though, I would just recommend having a good support system and using it.

Wirelessly posted

during the day time I'm okay getting through the day but when it come to bed time it come all crashing down and its worst feeling ever and cant help but cry and grieves over loss. I do have depression I'm on antidepressant for over 2 years honestly I dont think therapy will do much good because I know what he or she would say and I just need to talk my feeling out on alldeaf or friends to get it out of my head

That is basically what I just posted from a therapist's perspective. Increasing meds isn't going to help. The only thing that is going to alleviate the depression from a situation like this is talking through your emotions, and giving it time to become farther and farther from your immediate experience. I know you don't want to hear that, but I don't want to give you false hopes that there is some magic bullet.

You are having a normal reaction to an abnormal situation. It is not normal to go through a break up. It doesn't happen every day. But it is normal to be sad and depressed when it happens.

Wirelessly posted

That was how I was in Feb of 2010 when my daughter was taken away to Arizona by my ex-hubby. During the first few weeks, I had a hard time getting through the days and nights. Then, after a month or so...getting through the days got better but come bedtime, it was like my world was over and I would get so depressed. Now, a year and half later, those night depressions have become much less frequent. During the day, I am fine now.

Yes, time does heal wounds. I will still always miss her but it is not the crushing heavy weight causing me to feel like scrambling to get air which made me get frequent anxiety attacks.

Hope you feel better soon!

Wirelessly posted

I dont really have friends I trust to talk about it most of them dont understand depression and break up after long (almost 5 years) relationship. I'm in school right now and its my focus to graduate. I'm kind of "keep-to myself" type of person and am aware that need to change and learn to makes new friend and go out to socialize

Wirelessly posted

I dont really have friends I trust to talk about it most of them dont understand depression and break up after long (almost 5 years) relationship. I'm in school right now and its my focus to graduate. I'm kind of "keep-to myself" type of person and am aware that need to change and learn to makes new friend and go out to socialize

Would you like my personal email? I would be happy to do what I can to help you through this as a friend.

all I can say is time will heal. you will know you feel better when you meet a new guy.

She does not need a guy to made her feel better , she is a whole person and need to realize that she has not failed as a person or as woman. I think she may be overwhelmed with going to school and having her engagement breaking off is really painful. I hope she will realize she does not need a man to made her a person or a woman. I hope she will give herself time to heal before meeting another guy.

Wirelessly posted

I have absolutely no interest into meeting new person as for now so I'm going to be by myself for time being

Back