Can I interview someone please?!

Not cretin?:hmm::lol: *running away*

Ha! I love the fact you know the difference! :lol:

The poor hearie apparently doesn't have a big interest in nationality! :P

I really apologize everyone took offense to my post : ( I actually work 50 hours a week managing a salon and am in school full time. I try my best and attempted to set up an interview at a Deaf school but the principle never got back to me.

I spoke with a girl in my class and she recommended visiting a Deaf site as she had done to speak with those in the community. It may have been last minute, but my intentions were not to "use" all of you and just leave. I actually fell in love with ASL and the Deaf community and thought people here would be willing to help.

The interview was supposed to be done face to face, but like I said, I am trying my best to keep up with everything.

Thank you Sunny signs and Journey for not attacking me and giving me the benefit of the doubt.

I apologize again if I upset anyone.

How about contacting with the interpreter agency to see if you can get some interviews from those asl users there. Good luck.

To be honest, I am not a fan of being interview with someoen who wants to learn ASL but LOVE LVOE to make friends with ANY one who want to hang out with me. Being interview makes me feel like im kind of a rat lab to them. you know? you see that we deafies don;t interview with hearing people about their hearing culture etc because we live in there and be socializing with them. :) again, good luck.

Maybe. Possible she total slacker. I not know her. Equally possible this completely uncharacteristic, one-off, incident. I prefer assume latter. Maybe help really help, take some pressure off. Maybe she never come back, never read it. :dunno:

I had to take an exam in collage and had the flu , that did not keep me from studying for it and taking the exam . I got a good grade too , a B+, not bad for having a fever of 101! The OP was most likely out partying all weekend and when on line looking for a deaf blog to do her homework! I do not feel sorry for her at all! People should not be enabling her , she need to take responsibility
for her own life!!

I had to take an exam in collage and had the flu , that did not keep me from studying for it and taking the exam . I got a good grade too , a B+, not bad for having a fever of 101! The OP was most likely out partying all weekend and when on line looking for a deaf blog to do her homework! I do not feel sorry for her at all! People should not be enabling her , she need to take responsibility
for her own life!!

Poor thing, did you fully recover from your flu? That must been horrible experience. Good for you, surviving and be string enough to talk about it. Did you write book? I'm sure your experience with what must been life-changing experience will help so many others who might suffer this type tragedy future. (((hugs))) you brave, brave soul.

I agree. I think that not responding will send them the message that it's ok to repeat the actions, and that nobody here cares. Telling them off should get the message across.

They're essentially strolling in here, saying that they waited till the last minute and asking people to do their homework for them all because they decided to do this last minute. She didn't say anything about "it just got assigned" or "<insert legit cause of waiting>". On top of that, there wasn't a "please" to be found in regards to DOING the interview, just for what information they wanted.

Yeah the OP is taking a half ass attitude about her class and don't see how anyone like that would be good at any job they get! I hope they do not come back here wanting us to give them a good job reference too!

Poor thing, did you fully recover from your flu? That must been horrible experience. Good for you, surviving and be string enough to talk about it. Did you write book? I'm sure your experience with what must been life-changing experience will help so many others who might suffer this type tragedy future. (((hugs))) you brave, brave soul.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

People are making excuse for the OP and I do not buy it! I was saying if you really care about something you don't let little things stop you!

Not make excuses - offer reasonable alternative! I not know OP situation, neither do you!

Last minute is not a good thing and it is not the first time for us to see like this too often on AD over years.

maybe others who don't mind being interviewd but not me. Im not a thing. I am human. :dunno2:

[just kidding]

"Sorry, all interview questions must be graded by the users of AllDeaf in a poll, if we like your questions we'll add them to the big bank of questions already asked and answered... the wait time is about two weeks."

[/just kidding]

Ha! I love the fact you know the difference! :lol:

The poor hearie apparently doesn't have a big interest in nationality! :P

Kαλημέρα ... "The poor hearie" knows the difference of cretan/cretin - studied Greek history in University and spent 6 weeks in Greece with relatives, mostly Kiatonians, not a Cretan nor a cretin in the bunch ;-).

Kαλημέρα ... "The poor hearie" knows the difference of cretan/cretin - studied Greek history in University and spent 6 weeks in Greece with relatives, mostly Kiatonians, not a Cretan nor a cretin in the bunch ;-).

They why ask? :lol:

No, but you are not a Cretan telling the Romans what is correct behaviour either.
Believe it or not, many of us don't like the old paternalistic hearie garbage of telling us what to do.

I was asking if this Cretan/paternalistic hearie post was specifically pointed at me (ie: Are you calling ME a Cretan; not, "Are you calling me a CRETAN?") - I'm not accustomed to being referred to as a spouter of old paternalistic hearie garbage :shock: so your post caught me totally offguard. As I said earlier, I was not telling anyone what to do, just speaking my opinion.

Pay me $3 for answering your questions.. I think that's a reasonable cost!
I'm pretty sure other ADers wouldn't mind answering interviews for some cashes too. :lol:

Pay me $3 for answering your questions.. I think that's a reasonable cost!
I'm pretty sure other ADers wouldn't mind answering interviews for some cashes too. :lol:
$3?? Too low. How can someone compete? I would at least like to do the interview over a value meal at a fast food restaurant.

You can't buy anything for $3 today!

$3?? Too low. How can someone compete? I would at least like to do the interview over a value meal at a fast food restaurant.

You can't buy anything for $3 today!

A bag of 10 ounce ruffles, or your favorite potato chips!
Or a bottle of soda and some change left over. :lol:

We can bargain over interview costs too. I got paid $40 to take a 1 hour survey/interview before, that was nice!

A bag of 10 ounce ruffles, or your favorite potato chips!
Or a bottle of soda and some change left over. :lol:

We can bargain over interview costs too. I got paid $40 to take a 1 hour survey/interview before, that was nice!

$40. I would be first in line, and quite charming. :deaf:

Perhaps we could create a data bank with answers to the typical questions. When one of these "new members" wander through, we will have already answered most of their questions. They can simply cull their answers there. If they have a new question, we can add it to the data bank with answers. That might keep some of them from even posting one of these threads. They can simply head to the bank and withdraw opinions, then assign one of us to the answers selected. I offer my screen name to be used by students. Whether or not the opinions expressed are mine is not important. After all, this is the internet, where fabrications abound.

Back