California!

First of all, congratulations for thinking about going to CSUN! CSUN rocks! I graduated from there so you will be making a great choice if you do decide to go there!

Second, you didnt mention or maybe I missed it somewhere about how long you will be in California. It is hard to make suggestions not knowing how long you will be in CA. It may not be a great idea to spend so much time around CSUN once you decide that you will be going there because you will have all that time as a student to explore Southern California with friends/buddies etc as that was what I did. So you want to save that for another time so seems ideal to focus going up to Northern California - so much to do/see/eat/drink there - SF, Napa Valley, the Central Coast, etc etc etc - so little time - remember California is a HUGE HUGE state - from the Oregon border to Mexico border, it takes over 10 hours driving from Oregon to Mexico!

You could always go to Las Vegas if you prefer to go into eastern direction - drive to Las Vegas, see Grand Canyon and then Sedona/Phoenix/Tucson, Arizona. I did take Route 66 from California border to New Mexico border last June and had a blast but it is a very slow paced trip - I dont know if you want much more action like Las Vegas, San Francisco, etc.

Hope you pick CSUN!!! ;)

First of all, congratulations for thinking about going to CSUN! CSUN rocks! I graduated from there so you will be making a great choice if you do decide to go there!

Second, you didnt mention or maybe I missed it somewhere about how long you will be in California. It is hard to make suggestions not knowing how long you will be in CA. It may not be a great idea to spend so much time around CSUN once you decide that you will be going there because you will have all that time as a student to explore Southern California with friends/buddies etc as that was what I did. So you want to save that for another time so seems ideal to focus going up to Northern California - so much to do/see/eat/drink there - SF, Napa Valley, the Central Coast, etc etc etc - so little time - remember California is a HUGE HUGE state - from the Oregon border to Mexico border, it takes over 10 hours driving from Oregon to Mexico!

You could always go to Las Vegas if you prefer to go into eastern direction - drive to Las Vegas, see Grand Canyon and then Sedona/Phoenix/Tucson, Arizona. I did take Route 66 from California border to New Mexico border last June and had a blast but it is a very slow paced trip - I dont know if you want much more action like Las Vegas, San Francisco, etc.

Hope you pick CSUN!!! ;)

If I was to study at CSUN, I would be there for 1 whole academic year.

Thanks Gemma :)

sheezbeav,

I am sure, you know ow far is from LA to SD. you should visit in SD, Coronado Island an Mission Bay. I always visited there, because i do play my sport Kitesurfing there and beautiful on the beach. I went to Newport Beach. *eeeek* not clean on the beach and too many people. very different from LA to SD. you can visiting in encitias Beach. good luck!!!

I'm CA native. California is a big state to visit. If you plan to visit anywhere in CA, it will require you to drive around. Public transportation sucks, but they're still working on it now. In San Diego county, they just added trams now. San Diego is known for trolley, but it is all right.

Central Coast is recommended. Check Cambria, San Luis Obispo, and Morro Bay. All of them are cute towns, but you have to fill your gas in Morro Bay, and San Luis Obispo. There are very few gas stations around there. lol

I'm CA native. California is a big state to visit. If you plan to visit anywhere in CA, it will require you to drive around. Public transportation sucks, but they're still working on it now. In San Diego county, they just added trams now. San Diego is known for trolley, but it is all right.

Central Coast is recommended. Check Cambria, San Luis Obispo, and Morro Bay. All of them are cute towns, but you have to fill your gas in Morro Bay, and San Luis Obispo. There are very few gas stations around there. lol

I prefer driving so I could see where I want to visit... hence more freedom, ofc... so yup, forget 'em, public transportation!

Im native of Northern California, anyone who wants go up and need tour guide, hit me up!

Want full tour around in Santa Cruz, HOLLA ME!! Santa Cruz is one of my favorite spot [actually its top 3 spots] to hit.

any questions?

Back