California!

Yeah, and I suppsed you know Route 66 commences here by the ocean somewhere and meanders on to Chicago.

Good stuff Byrdie. I once read that if one planned (and has the money, lol) every single week-end to visit/join in an activity in California, one would die of old age long before seeing/doing everything. :lol:

Thanks.

Just to let you know ...

_39873910_snoop_203.jpg

While you're in town, lets pimp you, while you're at it. :lol:

It was a big joke of the day when I did the similar one at work yesterday :laugh2:

Sorry for the off -topic.

I visited to LAX, Orange, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, Manatthan Beach, Long Beach, Costa Mesa, Oceanside, and San Diego.

It was my last time go to California in 2000. I had a blast time. I went many different Malls and Beachwear stores near to beach. I love it! I really miss California! I rode on an Amtrak train from San Diego to Orange. I was enjoying the view of sunset when I was on Amtrak train. It's very beautiful sky with sunset at ocean.

I never experience with ride on 66 routes. I want to go someday. Will you live in dorm or apartment with roommate? I want to remind you about apartment rent is expensive. I love California's drink fruity smoothie.
You have a good luck in CSUN. :)

I visited to LAX, Orange, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, Manatthan Beach, Long Beach, Costa Mesa, Oceanside, and San Diego.

It was my last time go to California in 2000. I had a blast time. I went many different Malls and Beachwear stores near to beach. I love it! I really miss California! I rode on an Amtrak train from San Diego to Orange. I was enjoying the view of sunset when I was on Amtrak train. It's very beautiful sky with sunset at ocean.

I never experience with ride on 66 routes. I want to go someday. Will you live in dorm or apartment with roommate? I want to remind you about apartment rent is expensive. I love California's drink fruity smoothie.
You have a good luck in CSUN. :)

Thank you, Pinky :)

I'm not too sure about accommodation, but when time's closer, I'll have some information about living arrangements whilst being at CSUN.

Thank you, Pinky :)

I'm not too sure about accommodation, but when time's closer, I'll have some information about living arrangements whilst being at CSUN.

You're welcome. :) It's good idea for you to live in dorm and save money. :) Are you exciting to go California?

You could say that lol.
Somewhere new for me to live and visit - out of Australia! lol

You could say that lol.
Somewhere new for me to live and visit - out of Australia! lol

Yeah! Have you been go surf on beach in Australia? It's same as California's big wave. It's Ring of Fire.

As for visiting in California, I recommend you to visit Lake Tahoe, San Francisco, Napa Valley/Wine country (if you are a wine freak), Avenue of the Giants in Northwest California where Coastal Redwoods are, Mt. Shasta up north not too far from Oregon stateline. There's many more...but take your pick! I'm a native of California, as well. :)

LOL.

I don't surf, and I haven't tried :P

Thanks sequoias for your recommendations :D I'll take those into mind ;D

Hey guys.

As some of you might know that I'm considering going to CSUN in 2010 on exchange... I was wondering about California.

- Places to visit
- Places to stay away from

I was also wondering about trekking to the rest of USA...
- States worth visiting
- Route 66 - worth the drive?

etc etc

Thanks!

I have been to San Diego. It was a beautiful city. I have enjoyed my visit in San Diego. I suggest you to go to Coronado Island. It was awesome beautifully!!! I heard about San Francisco who visited there. It was a beautiful city you should go there. I asked them about Los Angeles. HELL, NO!!! Stay away from Los Angeles!!! I was told based on their advice not to go to Los Angeles. It have a lot of crime activities. It was a filthy and smog city. And don't go to the Death Valley National because it is extremely hot like the stove temperatures of the lowest sea level. You must turn off the AC and roll down the windows. Unfortunately, I have not been to some Western states I wish trekking through the Western states. I only flied to San Diego and Las Vegas. Someday I will!!! :)

It seems Brian and Lake Tahoe mentioned some good places and also places to avoid. Do go to hwy 101 to Monterey its soo gorgous there, I just came from there this last weekend. Do go to the Monterey Aquarium and treat yourself to a Ghirardelli ice cream without regrets:giggle:

It seems Brian and Lake Tahoe mentioned some good places and also places to avoid. Do go to hwy 101 to Monterey its soo gorgous there, I just came from there this last weekend. Do go to the Monterey Aquarium and treat yourself to a Ghirardelli ice cream without regrets:giggle:

Heh, Yes the Ghirardelli ice cream was so scrumptious and I definitely was in heaven when I had that ice cream, lol.

Monterey is a nice city. It's a small city but has beautiful sights. Also, Santa Cruz is a place I'd recommend too.

I do not know about South California but If you plan visiting to North California then let me know :D

Good luck ;)

I did mention on area that near to Northridge (#8), usually central to east valley, they are changed from 80's and 90's.

Many people don't aware about valley area has some ugly parts and barrio, but no worse than south LA.

I'm recommended you visit Malibu, it's beautiful ocean with hill and mountain on background, alot of rich people live here.

Visit Hollywood, even if you are film lover, it's recommended and it was changed alot from several years, more improved and nice than before.

Long Beach is changing too, there's many new buildings, street life, shopping and more attractive than 8 years ago.

I'm recommended you visit Malibu, it's beautiful ocean with hill and mountain on background, alot of rich people live here.

Visit Hollywood, even if you are film lover, it's recommended and it was changed alot from several years, more improved and nice than before.

Long Beach is changing too, there's many new buildings, street life, shopping and more attractive than 8 years ago.

Hmm... curious how about Laguna Beach?

Want to see more where I missed on some twice before. I'm sure I will make it up someday.

Hmm... curious how about Laguna Beach?

Want to see more where I missed on some twice before. I'm sure I will make it up someday.

Laguna Beach is quietly different from Malibu because of more population and building in cluster, Malibu is closer to CSUN than Laguna Beach.

There's other great beach in Santa Monica too, more urban and denser.

Back