California School for the Deaf Riverside

I don't know what TANF is, but it obviously infers legal paperwork. It is some kind of legal validation that the person is real and has a disability, the answer to my question.

It's welfare. Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.

I dont proclaim to be the perfect teacher with all the answers to all the problems. However, I show up to work 30 mins early without pay, bring home work, and sometimes stay 2 or 3 hours late because I am trying to provide my students the education they deserve. It is not easy when most of the curriculm is designed for hearing children. I have to be very creative and make a lot of adjustments to meet EACH , not a whole group, but EACH of my students' learning needs. Then, I have to take into account that several of them come from homes where their families cant communicate with them, or families that neglect them, and so many more factors.

Teaching is just not easy these days. Now, there is all this talk about teachers needing to bring and wear guns to work. *sighs*

I'm sure you are doing the best can with what is given to you. I wouldn't worry about it.

I dont think hes attacking deaf people. He did question the cirriculum. I think deaf schools baby them too much or dont challenge them hard enough. They are capable but its the principals, teachers, interpreters who are stupid as fuck. I mean, have you seen what they teach potential deaf educators and interpreters in college? Some shit makes me wanna scream. Theyre more about "deaf culture" than actually teaching deaf students. Its fuckin mind boggling.

What is wrong with teaching about the Deaf Culture? There are various cuture out there and it is also included on general cirriculum for most, at least. To teach a deaf child, you would think you need to understand their culture and language. It goes hand in hand.

I grew up in a Deaf school and I've graduated from there. I was challenged with my studies. It doesn't mean that all Deaf schools are like that. There are good and bad schools out there just as much as the ones near you.

The majority of deaf students are acquired with ASL as their native language, thus why english is a complexing subject for them. Not only that, many are very limited with access of information at home when there's no language being established. If you understood that, perhaps you could see it with a different perspective to know that you could show an ounce of compassion and not to be so quick to jump the gun, ya know?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wont see anyone's opinion as valid until they have experienced being a teacher and an administrator. I used to think I knew it all before I entered the teaching training program at Arizona State University. It wasnt until I actually I got my first job was how little I knew and understood.

Oh wow, you are just doing like I did in GLBT section - I won't see anyone's opinion as valid about whichever sex orientation is choice.

Excuse me for off topic.

Oh wow, you are just doing like I did in GLBT section - I won't see anyone's opinion as valid about whichever sex orientation is choice.

Excuse me for off topic.

I cant say that I know what it is like to be a firefighter or a policeman. If I came in here on AD and said that firefighters suck like fuck because they didnt save some people from dying in burning buildings or the police suck like fuck because they didnt prevent rape from happening, then I would be an asshole to say stuff like that, right?

Sure there are bad cops and bad firefighters just like bad teachers. But there are corrupt politicians, athletes (Lance Armstrong, anyone?), loony movie stars, and etc BUT that doesnt mean ALL are bad...

Jodie Foster is an oustanding movie star, many cops and firefighters risked their lives in Hurricane Sandy, and many athletes do good (Kurt Warmer).

It is the stereotyping that turns me off. According to his logic, deaf teachers at deaf schools suck so therefore, I suck as a teacher. I take a lot of pride on what I do. I work hard and bust my ass every day and I dotn get a lot of appreciation. I get a LOT of the shit Chuck says...that I am a lousy teacher because I work at a deaf school.

Yea, thanks for the support. Fuck you. (Not to you, Foxrac...but to the people who call us teachers lazy, stupid, and so forth)

I cant say that I know what it is like to be a firefighter or a policeman. If I came in here on AD and said that firefighters suck like fuck because they didnt save some people from dying in burning buildings or the police suck like fuck because they didnt prevent rape from happening, then I would be an asshole to say stuff like that, right?

Sure there are bad cops and bad firefighters just like bad teachers. But there are corrupt politicians, athletes (Lance Armstrong, anyone?), loony movie stars, and etc BUT that doesnt mean ALL are bad...

Jodie Foster is an oustanding movie star, many cops and firefighters risked their lives in Hurricane Sandy, and many athletes do good (Kurt Warmer).

It is the stereotyping that turns me off. According to his logic, deaf teachers at deaf schools suck so therefore, I suck as a teacher. I take a lot of pride on what I do. I work hard and bust my ass every day and I dotn get a lot of appreciation. I get a LOT of the shit Chuck says...that I am a lousy teacher because I work at a deaf school.

Yea, thanks for the support. Fuck you. (Not to you, Foxrac...but to the people who call us teachers lazy, stupid, and so forth)

Yup, I realized that become a teacher is hardworking, just like police officers and firefighters, so I was consider about want major in teacher but I went to IT instead.

Chuck wants to become the pastor that serve to deaf people.
http://www.alldeaf.com/religion-spiritual-other-beliefs/102602-deaf-christians.html

I maybe should find a university for Chuck to getting accepted and exclusively major in teacher. :lol:

No problem. :)

Mod note:

Several posts removed - let's keep the thread clean... we don't need any insults thrown here.

Thanks.

Need find a roomate for apartment!! Expensive place to live!

Good luck

Wirelessly posted

I am sure the school offers good education , it takes the individual to want to be a learner than playing around in school.

I don't know why Chuck said that if he want to be a pastor for the d/Deaf people.

It does not matter if d/Deaf people go to Deaf school or mainstream school. There are some of us who could not find jobs and would have become successful if we try hard enough to find employment. A lot of time they rejected us and had tried again in other employment but then we gave up when they keep rejecting us some more. Shel90 is lucking to get a job in any employment especially in the Deaf school. No body is perfect.

I had worked as a keypunch operator before the 1980s (I think) when they have produce a computer that can take care of the job instead of keypunch. The keypunch job was out of the window and I was unemployed at this. Now it is hard to find another job that I want to type and do office work but they want me to do phone and I could not answer the phone because I can not hear very well at all. I would rather be in the office environment than using the phone. Leave the phone out of the office or I can use the TTY/TDD but they won't let me have the TTY/TDD just like in the T.V. series just like Sue Thomas who was allowed to have special phone devices if that is close to TTY/TDD with flashing lights.

There is no way to find a job that allowed for the d/Deaf. It need to teach the people in employment about us, Deaf people who need jobs and not get rejected because of our hearing disability. Going to the Deaf school is lot better so that we can understand what is going on in the classrooms than in the mainstream school trying to cope and understand the hearing students and the hearing teachers with no ASL or maybe have limited with ASL interpreters.

I don't know as I had never sign ASL or had a ASL interpreters ever in both elementary and high schools which pissed me off when I don't get the accommodations. Some of my classmates went on to Gallaudet University. I was told that I had to study Algebra but I am not good with math. That make me feel sad and pissed me off that I can not do what they want me to do. I think they are just telling me that I should stay home and not work. Geeze. But good thing I had my job as a keypunch operator. I don't have to worry about using the phone. So this was good back then. Sorry for the rant.

I don't know why Chuck said that if he want to be a pastor for the d/Deaf people.

It does not matter if d/Deaf people go to Deaf school or mainstream school. There are some of us who could not find jobs and would have become successful if we try hard enough to find employment. A lot of time they rejected us and had tried again in other employment but then we gave up when they keep rejecting us some more. Shel90 is lucking to get a job in any employment especially in the Deaf school. No body is perfect.

I had worked as a keypunch operator before the 1980s (I think) when they have produce a computer that can take care of the job instead of keypunch. The keypunch job was out of the window and I was unemployed at this. Now it is hard to find another job that I want to type and do office work but they want me to do phone and I could not answer the phone because I can not hear very well at all. I would rather be in the office environment than using the phone. Leave the phone out of the office or I can use the TTY/TDD but they won't let me have the TTY/TDD just like in the T.V. series just like Sue Thomas who was allowed to have special phone devices if that is close to TTY/TDD with flashing lights.

There is no way to find a job that allowed for the d/Deaf. It need to teach the people in employment about us, Deaf people who need jobs and not get rejected because of our hearing disability. Going to the Deaf school is lot better so that we can understand what is going on in the classrooms than in the mainstream school trying to cope and understand the hearing students and the hearing teachers with no ASL or maybe have limited with ASL interpreters.

I don't know as I had never sign ASL or had a ASL interpreters ever in both elementary and high schools which pissed me off when I don't get the accommodations. Some of my classmates went on to Gallaudet University. I was told that I had to study Algebra but I am not good with math. That make me feel sad and pissed me off that I can not do what they want me to do. I think they are just telling me that I should stay home and not work. Geeze. But good thing I had my job as a keypunch operator. I don't have to worry about using the phone. So this was good back then. Sorry for the rant.

I failed Geometry, but did excellent in Algebra, Physics, Calculus, Trigonometry, Multivariable Calculus, Vector Calculus, Linear Algebra, Differential Equations, Matrix Calculus, etc..

but i still suck in Geometry to this day. :dunno:

I failed Geometry, but did excellent in Algebra, Physics, Calculus, Trigonometry, Multivariable Calculus, Vector Calculus, Linear Algebra, Differential Equations, Matrix Calculus, etc..

You had a bad teacher, Trigonometry solves geometric problems. Unless you meant to say something different?

You had a bad teacher, Trigonometry solves geometric problems. Unless you meant to say something different?

I did good in Trigonometry, because it's combination of algebra and geometry.

No, I don't believe that I had a bad teacher. It's probably visual thing though.

in high school or college?

I passed Geometry with B in 2004, that was in high school.

I did good in Trigonometry, because it's combination of algebra and geometry.

No, I don't believe that I had a bad teacher. It's probably visual thing though.

The math need good teacher to be succeed and if you fail Algebra, so you will b not well with Calculus because they contain a lot of formulas.

Back