California Earthquake

that why I never live near Fault Line because they will back in the future, one day will be super earthquake! :whistle:

that why I never live near Fault Line because they will back in the future, one day will be super earthquake! :whistle:
We live three miles away from world largest fault line and I am not scare of it cuz it has not much movement here except less than 1.0 once awhile.

We live three miles away from world largest fault line and I am not scare of it cuz it has not much movement here except less than 1.0 once awhile.

Your Opinion because you don't fear to die but for me, I do! because I want live for another 50 years mean I hopefully to stay alive until 2060! :D

I do avoid flooding, earthquake, tornado, cyclone and hurricane.

only I can survivor with snowstorm because I am Canadian! :laugh2:

Your Opinion because you don't fear to die but for me, I do! because I want live for another 50 years mean I hopefully to stay alive until 2060! :D

No one can avoid natural disasters even in snow blizzards there is danger. Can't escape the acts of God ;)

We had another earthquake tonight at 7:51pm it was centered in San Bernardino area. It was recorded as 5.0 then it changed to 4.5. It was very strong and I heard it coming. It really got us thinking everything was going to come down. Now, most people are okay just shakin up. Glad no damages.

Yeah, I heard about that earthquake.

I'm glad you're okay. :)

No one can avoid natural disasters even in snow blizzards there is danger. Can't escape the acts of God ;)

I did been -45 degree Celsius (-49 degree Fahrenheit) like 10 times all whole in my life and I still survivor, I still enjoy it ... I love it :laugh2:

Interest, I hate black ice more than earthquakes cuz last month we had snowstorm which was beautiful but not with black ices which caused many car accidents. Many people dies more on the road with black ice than earthquakes. U know we have earthquakes here everyday so it does not bother me.

Interest, I hate black ice more than earthquakes cuz last month we had snowstorm which was beautiful but not with black ices which caused many car accidents. Many people dies more on the road with black ice than earthquakes. U know we have earthquakes here everyday so it does not bother me.

I have no problem with black ice, if outside is bad snowstorm then why people still drive? why they still? If School, Bank, Store, Business all is closed because of bad storm then all people should know better!

True Story, In Toronto, Ontario, Canada on December 19 2008, Half the people think they're in Islamabad or Mumbai and can take any bloody lane they feel like. :laugh2:

[ame=http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pg3OSy_53M]YouTube - Toronto Drivers in Snow Storm - December 19, 2008[/ame]

I think people who live in very earthquake-prone areas such as California are insane because earthquake can kill you without any warning! The same goes for people who choose to live in very volcano-prone areas as well! Yikes, seeing hot lava coming after you and knowing you would burn to death....NOT a pleasant death to die! :eek3: I would rather die peacefully and painlessly in my sleep, thank you very much!

When I was a child, my oldest uncle on my mother's side of the family lived in the San Francisco area, and every time there was a earthquake in that area, my mom would completely freak out and cry all day and worrying about my uncle because he is the closest sibling to her out of all 7 siblings (3 girls and 4 boys - she was the youngest and the baby of the family) and she would sit in the kitchen watching the little TV and trying to call him and waiting for him to call her and tell her he's OK. I always came home and find her crying and watching the little TV in the kitchen and I always had to calm her down. I remember the 1989 earthquake very clearly...that was the worst earthquake and my mom completely freaked out so bad that a world's supply of Xanax would not calm her down! We lived in Wisconsin at the time. Now my uncle lives in southern Florida. I would NEVER live in California! Earthquakes scare me! What if they happen? You just never know! No warning at all! What if they happen while I am sleeping? I honestly don't know how people can live in earthquake-prone areas and not worry and be able to sleep, unless they have a lifetime's supply of high-dose Xanax and sleeping pills! I hated living in the midwest and along the tornado alley because of the tornadoes, they scare me...only 30 seconds warning to get your ass to the basement or cellar! Fuck that! I would rather deal with hurricanes because they give you PLENTY of warning to pack up your shit and get out. I live in Texas now and I know we have some tornadoes here but not as many as we used to get up in Wisconsin and Minnesota. We have hurricanes along the gulf but we are about three hours away from the gulf so the most we get is a lot of rain and wind, so it's not such a big issue here in San Antonio. We don't have any volcanoes here at all, I think. Most of them are out in like the Northwest USA and in Hawaii, but they don't seem to happen much in Hawaii...they don't seem to have a lot of earthquakes there, either. I have a bunch of cousins in Hawaii, in the Honolulu and Ewa Beach area, and they say it's awesome there. Too bad it's right in the middle of the ocean. Too isolating for me.

I have no problem with black ice, if outside is bad snowstorm then why people still drive? why they still? If School, Bank, Store, Business all is closed because of bad storm then all people should know better!

True Story, In Toronto, Ontario, Canada on December 19 2008, Half the people think they're in Islamabad or Mumbai and can take any bloody lane they feel like. :laugh2:

YouTube - Toronto Drivers in Snow Storm - December 19, 2008
This video is so farout. :laugh2:

Black ices we get after storms whether it was rain or snow cuz we get freeze at night or early morning that is when it is most dangerous. People still drive fast and they dont know any better.

I think people who live in very earthquake-prone areas such as California are insane because earthquake can kill you without any warning! The same goes for people who choose to live in very volcano-prone areas as well! Yikes, seeing hot lava coming after you and knowing you would burn to death....NOT a pleasant death to die! :eek3: I would rather die peacefully and painlessly in my sleep, thank you very much!

When I was a child, my oldest uncle on my mother's side of the family lived in the San Francisco area, and every time there was a earthquake in that area, my mom would completely freak out and cry all day and worrying about my uncle because he is the closest sibling to her out of all 7 siblings (3 girls and 4 boys - she was the youngest and the baby of the family) and she would sit in the kitchen watching the little TV and trying to call him and waiting for him to call her and tell her he's OK. I always came home and find her crying and watching the little TV in the kitchen and I always had to calm her down. I remember the 1989 earthquake very clearly...that was the worst earthquake and my mom completely freaked out so bad that a world's supply of Xanax would not calm her down! We lived in Wisconsin at the time. Now my uncle lives in southern Florida. I would NEVER live in California! Earthquakes scare me! What if they happen? You just never know! No warning at all! What if they happen while I am sleeping? I honestly don't know how people can live in earthquake-prone areas and not worry and be able to sleep, unless they have a lifetime's supply of high-dose Xanax and sleeping pills! I hated living in the midwest and along the tornado alley because of the tornadoes, they scare me...only 30 seconds warning to get your ass to the basement or cellar! Fuck that! I would rather deal with hurricanes because they give you PLENTY of warning to pack up your shit and get out. I live in Texas now and I know we have some tornadoes here but not as many as we used to get up in Wisconsin and Minnesota. We have hurricanes along the gulf but we are about three hours away from the gulf so the most we get is a lot of rain and wind, so it's not such a big issue here in San Antonio. We don't have any volcanoes here at all, I think. Most of them are out in like the Northwest USA and in Hawaii, but they don't seem to happen much in Hawaii...they don't seem to have a lot of earthquakes there, either. I have a bunch of cousins in Hawaii, in the Honolulu and Ewa Beach area, and they say it's awesome there. Too bad it's right in the middle of the ocean. Too isolating for me.
Oh yes we do have volcanoes in Calif, they are so beautiful places to visit and live there too.

We were trained for earthquake when I was in school and recently last Nov we had a earthquake drill. Plus we have building code for earthquake, unlikely ones in other countries with brick or mud building (I wont live under those buidling) so I am not worry. One place I get nervous is one freeway which it collapsed twice from two earthquakes. Every time I drive on that freeway and knock the wood to get rid of the fear and hopefully it will never happen to me or anyone else again. Anyway thank for sharing how u feel about earthquakes, I understand perfectly.

Oh yes we do have volcanoes in Calif, they are so beautiful places to visit and live there too.

We were trained for earthquake when I was in school and recently last Nov we had a earthquake drill. Plus we have building code for earthquake, unlikely ones in other countries with brick or mud building (I wont live under those buidling) so I am not worry. One place I get nervous is one freeway which it collapsed twice from two earthquakes. Every time I drive on that freeway and knock the wood to get rid of the fear and hopefully it will never happen to me or anyone else again. Anyway thank for sharing how u feel about earthquakes, I understand perfectly.

Even being trained and drilled for earthquakes still won't give you ANY warning. That's what scares me, no warning. What if I am sleeping?

Yeah, I heard about that earthquake.

I'm glad you're okay. :)

Thank you Jolie :)

Lucia, many Californians have left the state to move elsewhere to avoid the earthquakes. There are some people who do panic and get the nerves shaking here too. Then many people like myself have lived here most their lives and used to the shakes. I don't know if I am ready to drive on icy roads if I consider moving to a bad winter state , something I would need to learn how to do and be trained well to do that, unless hire a chauffer LOL
I understand the worries your mom had for her brother its natural to have that kind of concern, he did move out so its less worrisome for your mom .

Thank you Jolie :)

Lucia, many Californians have left the state to move elsewhere to avoid the earthquakes. There are some people who do panic and get the nerves shaking here too. Then many people like myself have lived here most their lives and used to the shakes. I don't know if I am ready to drive on icy roads if I consider moving to a bad winter state , something I would need to learn how to do and be trained well to do that, unless hire a chauffer LOL
I understand the worries your mom had for her brother its natural to have that kind of concern, he did move out so its less worrisome for your mom .

Actually, my mom passed away in 1990, and my uncle moved to Florida in 1999.

This video is so farout. :laugh2:

Black ices we get after storms whether it was rain or snow cuz we get freeze at night or early morning that is when it is most dangerous. People still drive fast and they dont know any better.

I know, they feel like whatever they want because they have no be patient.

Wow, I never been experience what feel by shake on ground what look like but I'm admit it ... if something happene to me, I would scream with say "NOOOOOO!" for few second then my mind will tell me to do ... get out of building if I am in building then get out then outside, make sure that I am middle of ground where is lots space, try to avoid poles by electricity or phone lines or trees, sound like not easy but I'm glad that no one die in California Earthquake then Good News better than worst.

Oceanblue, I'm glad that you are okay. :)

I heard about it from a friend. Same friend last summer. She said that she slept thru it. Her mom told her about it. So no damage.

It's all nature, no place is safe from nature, that's all I can say.

Glad Oceanblue and others in the affected area in the earthquake the other day is okay and safe. :)

oh Wow, my Mom passed away in 1990 too. She died a day before mother s day. :( It is hard to believe, she gone almost 19 years ago. My Dad recently passed away a month ago. I miss both of my parents.

Lucia, I am sorry to hear about your mom :(

Your uncle don't have to worry about earthquakes:)

Ty , Calvin and SG it was strong one glad no damages :)

Back