California Earthquake

Whoa Ocean.. there was a quake?? I just found out via news websites and etc.. glad to know ya are alright... must have been something for that quake to "fart" hart eh? LOL kidding on that one... but no serious damage at all in the area so far? Wow must have been terrifying eh?

Yes, NS this morning at 11:42am my time, it was soo strong it felt like 5.8 as they did report it to be earlier. Now, they say its 5.4 funny thing, I was sitting here at my pc looking at NE Patriot training camp pix and suddenly , the ground shook and thought , great! I stayed calmed and wait for the ground to stop moving. I was thinking of my family and they are okay. It took me awhile to reach them with the phone systems down had to wait a bit. Luckily, I got contact via MySpace :)

P.S. :ty: Jolie

I asked my friend on VP...yes, we are VR counselors. I asked him, "Was your ass shaking yet?" LOL :giggle: He is doing fine and unharmed so far. :P

oh wow.. darn it missed it! was just there yesterday for a week. missed them, dang.

oceanblue, glad you and your beloved ones are okay..

Dang, that is terrible to feel earthquake! I was in east Nevada a few month ago and I got woken up by 6.0 quake- scared the livin crap out of me. Im sorry you had to go through that Ocean. Glad everyone is safe.

Wow, that sure happened. I'm glad you're all right and that quake wasn't big enough to cause huge damage to the city. I remember the 7.1 earthquake in California in 1989 and the 6.8 in Seattle in 2001. I have been in those quakes before and it was scary!

Dang, that is terrible to feel earthquake! I was in east Nevada a few month ago and I got woken up by 6.0 quake- scared the livin crap out of me. Im sorry you had to go through that Ocean. Glad everyone is safe.

Yes, it was a bit scary caught me by surprise. I am glad no serious damages or injuries occurred. These are unpredictable situations. You experienced a quake in Nevada, it felt like a big train here.

JO.. surely ya jest eh and whack moi eh?? Shame ya have to do that.. btw ya must have thought I was making the crack about the quake fart due to the fact that I have made some cracks about Calvin and the quakes and the farts... hahahhahaa... I bet that what ya were thinking when ya read my comment!!! hahaha...

Ocean..maybe that a sign ya gonna love Tom Brady a lot... lol kidding on that..hehehe

Yep, I am reading on internet, It said in LA got earthquake, but not too worse or big damage. That is good! :)

Wow, that sure happened. I'm glad you're all right and that quake wasn't big enough to cause huge damage to the city. I remember the 7.1 earthquake in California in 1989 and the 6.8 in Seattle in 2001. I have been in those quakes before and it was scary!

Yes, I am glad to be ok and other people as well no injuries. That's a scary one 7.1 earthquake.. its scary :Ohno:

Ocean..maybe that a sign ya gonna love Tom Brady a lot... lol kidding on that..hehehe

:slap:You just love it :giggle:

:ty: Pepsi :hug: I am okay

Yes, I am glad to be ok and other people as well no injuries. That's a scary one 7.1 earthquake.. its scary :Ohno:

Yep, I'm glad too. Yeah, the 7.1 quake was pretty scary from what I remembered.

According to Experts

"Experts, officials say earthquake is a reminder to be prepared"

Expert: "L.A.'s 5.4 quake 'small sample' of one to come"

OB r u prepared? :afro:

I heard about the earthquake earlier today. Yikes!

Hope everyone is alright.

i saw on news about that its so terrible for california resident who lose home and lots of mores.

that not so easy have earthquake in state of california!

I am glad you are ok. So now I gotta get a hold of my friend who is coming to see me on Sunday. She is from CA too. Yikes. I will let you know if she is ok.

Thankful your okay and safe. That is quite a moderate earthquake.

Last SF Bay Area moderate Earthquake registered 5.4 happened last year on Halloween or day before. The rolling jolt lasted about 10-15 seconds and there was minimal damage in the area. That earthquake epicenter was located in South Bay Area near San Jose.

Here is the information on recent California and Nevada Earthquake log:

Recent Earthquakes in California and Nevada - Index Map

Latest United States and World Earthquake:

Welcome to the U.S. Geological Survey Earthquake Hazards Program

Yeah, that quake in NV was centered by Wells NV. it was biggest quake I've ever felt and I've lived in cali and felt one in Utah too. i thought I was just falling off the bed during an exotic dream again but was just disappointed it was an earthquake..

Yeah, that quake in NV was centered by Wells NV. it was biggest quake I've ever felt and I've lived in cali and felt one in Utah too. i thought I was just falling off the bed during an exotic dream again but was just disappointed it was an earthquake..

That must have been an experience for you. I am a bit surprised Utah gets quakes they probably rarely happen right? Oh, you have exotic dreams :giggle: no wonder a jolt gotcha tsk tsk Just Kidding on that one.

Last edited:
There are actually numerous faults around here in Utah. The wasatch fault runs all the way through east salt lake valley and it's quite easy to see from sky i think. i am quite scared of that fault causing severe earthquake soon because lot of salt lake valley is old "ancient lake bed" and with all the 'sandy' bedrock below thousands of homes will just be destroyed in severe quake (liquifaction)

Back