caffeine and bad headaches

I'm sorry Hear Again that you been feeling bad I hope you feel better soon.

For me if I don't have caffeine I will end up with bad headaches but also if I wear my HAs too long I will end up with headaches.

thanks, pepsi. i'm feeling fine now. i took an imitrex earlier which helped stop the pain.

i keep hearing everyone say that caffeine helps headaches, but they don't help mine. i tried drinking 2 cans of coke today and it did absolutely nothing for the pain. i finally ended up taking 100mg of imitrex and the pain is finally gone.

Not everyone would work with the caffiane. The caffiane is more for help people to wake up and be enegric, ratherly than curing the headaches. A lot of people drink the coffee during the morning.

hi everyone,

just wanted to let all of you know that i took the same recommended increase in my sleep med last night and was able to sleep for 8 hours. i didn't wake up with a headache this morning and feel great! i also feel less manic, which is definitely a good sign!

thanks again for your replies! :)

thanks, puyo! :)

by the way, i saw my psychiatrist today and asked him about the headache i had yesterday. he said it's not uncommon for people to wake up with a headache if they haven't slept well for awhile (it's called a sleep deprivation headache). since i hadn't slept for over a week due to my mania, he said it was no surprise that the increase in my sleep med caused the headache. he also suggested that i increase the dosage to what i took last night whenever i'm manic and can't sleep, but also said i don't have to worry about headaches any longer since the increased dosage will help me get a good night's sleep every time i take it.

Not everyone would work with the caffiane. The caffiane is more for help people to wake up and be enegric, ratherly than curing the headaches. A lot of people drink the coffee during the morning.

coffee doesn't do jack shit for me anymore. It can't even keep me awake. neither does energy drink like Red Bull. I've drank 3 cans of Red Bull and i was still feeling ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. I drink coffee sometimes just for taste and warmth. :cool2:

No problemo, Hearing Again :)

coffee doesn't do jack shit for me anymore. It can't even keep me awake. neither does energy drink like Red Bull. I've drank 3 cans of Red Bull and i was still feeling ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. I drink coffee sometimes just for taste and warmth. :cool2:

Yeah, same here, I drink the Pepsi or Coke daily and still sleep even though I drink it right before I get in the bed. I guess drinking it often make the caffiane effects weaker and weaker.

But, I don't drink other beverages with caffiane that often so they will have the effects on me. For example, last night when I went to my parent's house to learn about the budget with my parents and my brother, the discussion make me feel sleepy so my parents gave me the coffee, I just happened became more focus and talkive.

Also the energy drinks like Red Bull make me talk talk talk :lol:

hi everyone,

for the second night in a row i took my increased dose of my sleep med and didn't wake up with a headache. apparently my psychiatrist was right about the fact that my headache was probably due to sleep deprivation.

Glad to hear you're headache-less, Hear Again. It sounds like it was a one-time thing.

Glad to hear you're headache-less, Hear Again. It sounds like it was a one-time thing.

i still have problems with migraines, but i plan to call my doctor about raising my topamax today. i'm going to ask her if she can put me on a 100mg dose.

Sounds like a plan, Hear Again. You're very on top of things. <smile>

thanks, nika. if my doctor is unwilling to raise my topamax that high, then i'll ask my neurologist if he will when i see him next month.

by the way, i called my doctor and spent 20 minutes on hold, so gave up. i'll call again later this afternoon.

If your doctor is unwilling to raise it, you should ask him if it's for a reason. Then if they're no real reason then go to your neurologist. There might be something about mixing meds.

Sorry about that. That is so frustrating! I've been trying to call my doctor all day too, to pick up some health forms. Wish they would pick up their phone! <frustrated>

thanks, nika. if my doctor is unwilling to raise my topamax that high, then i'll ask my neurologist if he will when i see him next month. by the way, i called my doctor and spent 20 minutes on hold, so gave up. i'll call again later this afternoon.

I wouldn't advise that right now. I would get your other situations dealt with first and then tackle the migraine issue. Imitrex works for you to stop the migraines, so please get your other "stuff" stable first, and then, deal with topomax. :)

If your doctor is unwilling to raise it, you should ask him if it's for a reason. Then if they're no real reason then go to your neurologist. There might be something about mixing meds. Sorry about that. That is so frustrating! I've been trying to call my doctor all day too, to pick up some health forms. Wish they would pick up their phone! <frustrated>

There is. Not only that, some people have alot going on with them besides migraines. It's best to sort issues out one at a time. If she gets everything else straightened out first, her migraines tendency may reduce without having to tinker with the topomax.

i've already asked my psychiatrist if taking 100mg of topamax would interfere with my other meds and he said it wouldn't.

in fact, he said it can act as a mood stabilizer at that dose which could in turn, help my rapid cycling.

my doctor wanted me to call her to let her know whether or not the topamax was helping, so she'll have to raise the dose anyways.

if i end up getting my rapid cycling under control, that would be great, but my doctor would still prefer that i be on a migraine preventative since i have migraines from food allergies, cigarette/pipe/cigar smoke, car exhaust, dust, pollen, mold and loud background noise among other things.

Definitely sounds reasonable, Hear Again. It also sounds like you'll be killing two birds with one stone by raising your dosage to 100mg. Good luck with everything.

Back