caffeine and bad headaches

Probably dosent help now... But if i dont drink a coke i get a headache sometimes, and coke helps, as does some protien sometimes.

i already drank a can of coke earlier, but it didn't do anything for the pain. oh well, i tried. then again, almost all of my milder headaches turn into migraines, so i shouldn't be surprised.

I know, the pain itself, with all the other side stuff, and the triggers. Geez.

yes -- lots of triggers.

if i can't get to sleep tonight, that means i'll have to take the same dose of my sleep med. hopefully it won't result in another headache tomorrow morning

well, i'm hoping an increase in my topamax will cut down on the number of migraines i have considerably. i did well on verapamil (another migraine preventative) years ago, so i know it's possible.

Migraines are just a part of everyday life... I used to go to a neurologist for them.

I always drink Pepsi or Coke daily, one drink approximately each hour as after I finished smoking the cigarette and I almost never get headaches unless if I was sick in other methods like sinus or hangover.

The caffiane does cure the headaches, but a few hours without drinking the caffiane, it might make you feel tired and grumpy till you finally drink the caffiane again.

The caffiane does cure the headaches, but a few hours without drinking the caffiane, it might make you feel tired and grumpy till you finally drink the caffiane again.

i keep hearing everyone say that caffeine helps headaches, but they don't help mine. i tried drinking 2 cans of coke today and it did absolutely nothing for the pain. i finally ended up taking 100mg of imitrex and the pain is finally gone.

i keep hearing everyone say that caffeine helps headaches, but they don't help mine. i tried drinking 2 cans of coke today and it did absolutely nothing for the pain. i finally ended up taking 100mg of imitrex and the pain is finally gone.

You also have been exhausted. If a headache is caused by fatigue, the only way to get rid of it is to sleep. Migraines also might not be amendable to caffeine; especially if the migraine is particularly severe.

Caffeine helps some people but not all people, Hear Again. Also it depends on the cause of the headache or migraine.

Hope you feel better and hope you can sleep tonight! <hugs>

You also have been exhausted. If a headache is caused by fatigue, the only way to get rid of it is to sleep. Migraines also might not be amendable to caffeine; especially if the migraine is particularly severe.

you're right. i have been exhausted and haven't gotten any decent sleep in over a week until last night. in regards to your statement about migraines not being amendable to caffeine, that's exactly what my previous neurologist told me is true in my case since my migraines are always severe.

Caffeine helps some people but not all people, Hear Again. Also it depends on the cause of the headache or migraine.

Hope you feel better and hope you can sleep tonight! <hugs>

i know caffeine doesn't help everyone, but when you have a bad headache, you're desperate to try anything.

i'm hoping my sleep med won't cause another bad headache tomorrow. <crossing fingers>

I'm sorry Hear Again that you been feeling bad I hope you feel better soon.

For me if I don't have caffeine I will end up with bad headaches but also if I wear my HAs too long I will end up with headaches.

Migraines are just a part of everyday life... I used to go to a neurologist for them.

i used to see a neurologist too, but no longer remember why i stopped seeing him. i have an appointment at the beginning of february to see a different neurologist for my severe carpal tunnel and migraines.

Back