Buying Windows 7

No,

1 GB RAM (32-bit)
2 GB RAM (64-bit)

W7 Starter requires only 1GB RAM, but W7 Home Premiumrequires 2GB. I added the 2GB RAM to my netbook, so I was able to upgrade from Starter to Home Premium.

64 bit is pointless if you have less than 4 GB RAM. :roll:
Yes, that's right - best to run on 4GB ram if you have 64bit, just like my new notebook :)

Last edited:
I have 2 GB RAM - 32-bit OS on my Dell desktop computer. i had installed free upgrade Windows 7 Professional in few months. Work fine.

Good! I hate brand name of Gateway. I know that Gateway computers was worse in many times but it s better perfomance today.

6-cell or 9-cell battery pack?
I dont know, man.

I'll have to answer your questions later. I'm off to Uni!

I've heard from TrustPay. They say their site was hacked last week but they are open again. Too late for me. I already downloaded W7 from elsewhere.

I've heard from TrustPay. They say their site was hacked last week but they are open again. Too late for me. I already downloaded W7 from elsewhere.

oh wow. Just saw the website. it's back in business. I hope you got the refund from them.

The saga continues.

I got an email on 2/10 from TrustPay saying that my money was refunded. I got my February statement from my Credit Union, and it shows that the money was NOT refunded. I called the Credit Union, and they said I have to come into the branch office and fill out paperwork for a charge dispute. They said I also have to report my card stolen so they can replace it with a new one, with a new account number, because it has been compromised. What a hassle!

it takes up to a week for it to show on your CC that the money has been refunded. have you checked your account online? I just bought another Win7 from them last week

it takes up to a week for it to show on your CC that the money has been refunded. have you checked your account online? I just bought another Win7 from them last week
I cancelled it Feb. 3.

I got a refund confirmation email from TrustPay Feb. 10.

My Credit Union statement covers the entire month of February.

I called the Credit Union today and spoke to a live person who checked my account. No refund.

So now I have no refund AND a compromised debit card. :mad:

I went to the Credit Union and filled out the dispute paper work. They cut up my debit card and issued me a new one. They told me that my card had been compromised at TrustPay, so it had to be destroyed. Otherwise, they said, TrustPay could take funds from my account at any time. :(

For those that downloaded Windows 7 Professional 32 bit version, did anyone have an issue with the .ISO? When i run the CD it says it is not compatible with this version of windows (Running Windowx XP on the laptop)

When i boot from the CD i get the error "“Attempting to load a 64-bit application, however this CPU is not compatible with 64-bit mode”

Sounds like they placed the 64 bit version as the 32?

For those that downloaded Windows 7 Professional 32 bit version, did anyone have an issue with the .ISO? When i run the CD it says it is not compatible with this version of windows (Running Windowx XP on the laptop)

When i boot from the CD i get the error "“Attempting to load a 64-bit application, however this CPU is not compatible with 64-bit mode”

Sounds like they placed the 64 bit version as the 32?
it looks like the download was the 64 bit, you need a 32 bit, email them and ask about this. Just remember, you need to do a clean install.

Back