Bush Serious About Gay Marriage Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Cheri, AMEN!!

"GOD LOVES THY NEIGHBORHOOD" means ANY BODY gay, lesbian, straight, bisexual, black, more..... only if they are good HEART and LOVE GOD.

~T~

Taylor said:
Bush can do feel any way he wants to and try anything he wants to. My point being is he has no power to make a national ban on gay marriage. He can say all day he wants to start one, but that doesn't give him the power to do so. Bush also doesn't have the power to sneak down the hall at 3am with a pencil and change the constitution.

He can talk all day long about banning gay marriage. He has just as much right to discuss it was we do in this forum. Doesn't mean its his fault that certain states won't let you get married.

You are right, Taylor. It's not Bush that we should be worried about here, but Congress. My Civics is alittle weak, so I'm unsure of the process, but don't WE THE PEOPLE get to vote on a referendum that might be proposed to amend the constitution? Doesn't it have to pass by a 2/3 majority? At any rate, the President is just a mouth peice. It's Congress that we should be concerned about here. They make the laws.

yeah go ahead have GAY MARRIAGE!!!! :deal:

cause I am in love with this cute guy... but
he is in love with a girl who is a lesbian...
and she is married to a woman...

HAHAHA :laugh2:

He is allllll mine!!!! :D

:angel:

I don't think this is Bush's place to judge, it is Gods. Bush should not bann gay marriage because he is not God. He should treat all people as people and not subhuman. That is what bush is treating the gays and lesbians.

If the Bush administration is so gung-ho on using the Bible and Christianity as an example of why marriage should only be between one man and one woman, then the Bush government is supporting polygamy, sex surrogacy, stoning, adultery, and child abuse.

All anyone has to do is turn on the telly and watch a show like Dr. Phil or Maury Povich to see the number of "one man and one woman" couples (both married and common-law) who are cheating on their spouses, have more than one wife or common-law wife, have children from their affairs, and have sex with their daughter's boyfriend while the husband watches. Plus the divorce rate in the USA is pretty high, eh.

OK...but explain why this is George Bush' fault....and now bush is being blamed for polygamy, sex surrogacy, stoning, adultery, and child abuse.

To hell with the bible, some people seem think that George Bush is God As per my previous post, feel free to be critical of Bush because he speaks his mind, and he has a right to speak out against same sex marriages...but these marriages are being banned (or supported) by the states and not because George Bush is against it.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
yeah go ahead have GAY MARRIAGE!!!! :deal:

cause I am in love with this cute guy... but
he is in love with a girl who is a lesbian...
and she is married to a woman...

HAHAHA :laugh2:

He is allllll mine!!!! :D

:angel:

You posted a thread, "Love is not important" about not important in being in love with a man. And now you say you are in love with this cute guy?? :dunno: Love can take you by surprise when you least expect it.

German Legalizing Gay and Lesbian Marriage

German Partnerships

KARLSRUHE, Germany — German same-sex couples are going to qualify for a new range of benefits and rights.

Germany’s highest court has rejected two conservative states’ requests to delay the law.

The Federal Constitutional Court turned down the plea by Bavaria and Saxony for an injunction to prevent the law, pushed by the government to reduce discrimination, taking effect Aug. 1.

Officials from the states had argued that the law breaks constitutional provisions that protect marriage and the family.

The new law would allow gay couples to exchange vows at local Government offices and require a court decision for divorce. Same-sex couples would also receive rights given heterosexual spouses in areas such as inheritance and health insurance.

The law was passed by the center-left majority in the lower house of parliament last year, but in the upper house, where Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder’s government lacks a majority, representatives voted to withhold some tax privileges granted to heterosexual couples.

Three opposition-ruled states, Bavaria, Saxony and Thuringia, lodged complaints over the legislation with the Federal Constitutional Court, which is not expected to deliver a final ruling for several months.

Bavaria and Saxony also demanded that the court also block the measure while it decides.

You can check the link over "the rest of our world..."

http://www.mountainpridemedia.org/oitm/issues/2001/aug2001/news10_wbriefs.htm

A Spanish bill allowing gay marriage is expected to go to parliament has the Catholic Church up in arms. One bishop said it was like unleashing a virus. Other European countries already allow some form of gay unions.

When Spanish Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero took office in April he promised to remove the Catholic Church's influence on Spanish society by easing divorce rules, softening abortion laws and legalizing gay marriage.

It was the last measure that has raised the most resentment with the Church.

The legislation would be like "imposing a virus on society, something false that will have negative consequences for social life," Juan Antonio Martinez Camino, spokesman for the Spanish Bishops Conference, told Spain's National Television.

If the bill passes the cabinet, it will also need to be approved by Spain's parliament before becoming law. The country's previous, conservative government rebuffed several calls to legalize gay marriage during its administration.

Some nations allow gay marriage

Although surveys show nearly half of Spain's population no longer goes to Mass, enactment would still mean a social change in the largely Catholic country, and bring it into the ranks of the mostly northern European countries that permit gay marriage or another legally recognized form of gay union.

In Germany, gay couples have been able to register their relationships since 2001. Over the summer, gay marriage became a nationally debated issue when the leader of the business-friendly Free Democratic Party, Guido Westerwelle, acknowledged his homosexuality in July and called for more equality for gay couples.

Homosexual partners should have the right to adopt any child, not only the legal child of a partner, and receive the same tax status as married couples, Westerwelle said at the time.

A bill extending homosexuals' rights, including the legalization of gay marriage, drafted in June by Germany's ruling Social Democratic-Green party coalition government received sharp criticism from the conservative opposition, and the nation's parliament has not yet taken action on the measure.

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,1564,1341356,00.html

Crazymanw00t said:
Yeah We needs to ban Homosexual marriage. That's good.

And why is that? Homosexual doesn't effect your life why would you want it banned? Oh let me guess cuz the bible tells you so? Remember the bible also tells you not to judge. :)

Peachy Lady said:
You posted a thread, "Love is not important" about not important in being in love with a man. And now you say you are in love with this cute guy?? :dunno: Love can take you by surprise when you least expect it.

yeah now he is mad at me... no more imland with him.

Cheri said:
And why is that? Homosexual doesn't effect your life why would you want it banned? Oh let me guess cuz the bible tells you so? Remember the bible also tells you not to judge. :)

You keep saying that bible say do not judges. I already told you million times that Bible was pointing out to Jewish Priest that they called his people as holy and the samthra people were unholy. Therefore, Jesus Christ spoke to them that do not judge them or you will be judged, too. Why? They all are sinners, anyway. All of us are born to judge others.

Homosexual involves my life? Oh ya!! I am living in San Francisco bay area and HQ of gay community. They are completely sick! Yes, Bible said against homosexual. I don't care if you call me as Hitler, Republican, far left, conservative, redneck, narrow-minded or whatever. I know where I should stand because I went through many different experiences.

I know this country is free country and we still must control on some issues like homosexual, murders, drugs, prison. Some of you said this country is free-will country and that's right!

Do you want to let those murders to keep killing other people because this is free country? They should kill whatever they want because this is free country. Hell no same thing with Homosexual marriage.

Other point, do you want let those drug sellers to sell their drugs to your kids like cocaine, meths, marijuana because this country is free country. They should do whatever they want! No way! Again, we must control on some issues for this free country. If you don't like it then move out from this country.

Why we sent people to prison for their wrongful actions even this country is free country!? We are in charge of everyone’s life.

President Bush is doing great job on Banning Homosexual Marriage (BHM). President Bush knew that homosexual marriage would kill United States of America’s society.

If we let homosexual marriage and I will not surprise that, there will be other civil war in America. Country (Republican) VERSE City (Liberalist). It will be bloody war, and I am very sure with that.

Some of you said that they are born as gay. I am telling you this, that information is very wrong. They were not born to be gay. They became gay because of experiences during their life. I am blaming Catholics for homosexual rise. Catholic priest molested their clients. Not only to Catholics, but also to those molesters out there in this country caused those people become to be as gay. Same thing with men having sex with many women and disrespects their body and that caused women to fall love into women. Those things are very complex information.

I am not going to be surprised that this thread will be locked.

Last edited:
Cheri said:

I´m not surprised when he answer your post: "Because the bible says so".

Exactly, God & Jesus said that the people should not judge each other or you or others BUT God.

Anyway, I support Gay marriage. :P

deaflibrarian said:
If the USA government recognizes common-law marriages (meaning two people living together for at least two years but are not married which means any children they have are "illegitimate") then why are they so opposed to having people get married and legalizing their child's birth and providing a loving and stable family life just because they happen to be of the same gender?
Actually, common-law marriage is only legal in a few of the states of the USA, and then with various requirements and restrictions.

States Permitting Common Law Marriage
Alabama
Colorado
District of Columbia
Iowa
Kansas
Montana
Oklahoma
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
Texas
Utah

States Permitting Certain Common Law Marriages
Georgia (if the elements were satisfied before January 1, 1997)
Idaho (if the elements were satisfied before January 1, 1996)
New Hampshire (for inheritance only)
Ohio (if the elements were satisfied before October 10, 1991)

http://www.expertlaw.com/library/pubarticles/Family_Law/common_law.html

Reba said:
Actually, common-law marriage is only legal in a few of the states of the USA, and then with various requirements and restrictions.

States Permitting Common Law Marriage

Utah

Not anymore. Last October, Utahns went to the polls to vote on Amendment 3, outlawing anything but a traditional marriage definition. Common-law marriages are now no-longer recognised in Utah as of Jan 1, 2005.

Cheri said:

Just because there are polygamy and divorces and adultery and other...
Doesn't mean it is okay to pass gay marriage.

The Bible said it is abomination.

And also we can't have incest... proof, because unborn children will be deformed.

Marriage is suppose to be for man and woman... to unite family and
have children. Not just for how much you love each other.
It is a promise to God that you will forever be with...
and a committment...

Just like the Movie, "Troy". Reason why the King didn't want
Helen to be with Paris, because the King doesn't want to unite
with Paris and his country. That is why they have war and stuff.
Helen's father didn't care if she loved Paris....
Helen's father wanted her to marry the other guy... so that
his country can be unite with the other country.

So,, just like you Cheri, you would be pissed off if your sister Angel
falls in love with RavenSteven... and would no way want him to
be in your family.

I rather have a healthy strong family and carry on tradition.

My dad's side is all screwed up... I don't know who is my cousin on that
side of the family.... Seem like family split up. And I don't want
my sister to be a lesbian, nooo... cause what is the use to unite
with the lesbian's family when they can't have children together?

My Uncle married a woman who had 2 sons by another man...
and after my Uncle died, we no longer contact her anymore...
because she isn't blood.

So if my sister married a lesbian... and if my sister died, then
we no longer contact her anymore.... because she isn't blood.

But if my sister married a man... and have children... and if my sister
died, then we can contact the in law to check up on the children...
because they are blood.

And my Granddad married the woman... and we all hated that woman,
because she wanted to be bury with him... but noo we wanted
granddad to be bury with our grandmom... And she was threatening us
by putting a gun on us... And we said no, anyway....
And after Granddad died... we buried him with Grandmother.
And we don't contact the woman and her children anymore.....

So anyway... I think that gay couples will go through the same shit
anyway... sure, they can get married.
:scatter:

I am very angry with many schools that allow establishing the gay organizations on their campus and forbid Christian organizations. Christian organization is very opposed with gay organizations because of bible against the gay people (Racism). They allow gay organizations because of this country are free country. School taught the students to be not racism or put people down. But wait minute they are forbidding Christian organization on their campus. That means the school is anti-Christ. They are messing around with Racism, respecting other beliefs or life.

For example, in California School for Deaf, Fremont and they forbid Christian organizations and forbids the staffs to talk about religious on campus. They allow staffs to talk about gay issues and have gay organization on campus.

That is whattt!? If they found out that, the staff talked about religious issues and they could lose their job or earn serious punishments.

Before the gay organization and there were not many gay people on the school. After the gay organization established and there were many gay students and teachers on the campus. I believe that they should forbid gay same as they do with Christian organization.

I asked gay people on my school about how they became gay. They said that their gay friends introduced them about gay world and they liked it because it is easy to have sex than playing game with oppose sex people. That is completely sick.

After while and I discovered that my high school teacher principal is bi-sexual and she ran the gay organization with some gay teachers. That teacher principal is very good person and she taught us to not be racism and respect other people’s beliefs. Again, she opposed to have Christian organization on the campus. She said because the government forbids school to involve the religious issues. It is really messing around with that.

I am very concerned with that gay organization because it involved elementary, middle school and high school. It will teach young people to accept gay society and maybe be one of them.

We gotta to get rid of gay people!

Crazymanw00t,

I know this country is free country and we still must control on some issues like homosexual, murders, drugs, prison. Some of you said this country is free-will country and that's right!

Homosexual are people, human being, They are not like drugs, murders, etc. Don't compare them to that. That is nonsense. Homosexual people do not effect your life, They do not have to live with you, they don't have to sleep in the same bed as you, So let them live their life what they want. Who cares what they do in private that none of your business to begin with. Why do you have to be such a picky? My friends are lesbians and some of them are gay and I don't care what they do in their private life I never judge them because I don't look at them like they are homosexual I look at them as a person, through their heart not their lifestyle. You need to stop judging them for who they are and what they do, look at them as a person as people just like us.
bricks1.gif

deaflibrarian said:
...These people need to re-read his Bible because the Bible has a lot of people doing naughty things that were accepted by society.
There were "a lot of people doing naughty things that were accepted by society" but it was NOT accepted by God. The reason God includes them in the Bible is to show how bad it was, and the people suffered the consequences of those "naughty" sins.

I'm not well-versed in the Bible, but for example, all the "respected men" who practiced polygamy (many "holy" men had more than one wife)...
Those "respected men" (I assume you mean the O.T. patriarchs) suffered for having more than one wife. Each time God shows us a polygamous relationship in the Bible, He also shows how that family was full of jealousy, competition, and strife. God never approved of polygamy in the Bible.

...sex surrogacy (many men had sex with other women because their wives were "barren" and had children by these women)...
And the results were disasterous. Abraham disobeyed God by having a child with Sarah's handmaiden. As a result, the Arab nations and Jewish nation have been striving with each other ever since. God did not approve of surrogate arrangements.

...stoning (Mary, mother of Jesus came very close to being stoned because people thought she was a whore and pregnant outside of marriage)...
No, she did not "come very close to being stoned."

... adultery (again the many men who had sex with other women because their wives were barren), and child abuse (all those children that were banished or sent out to live on their own when they were only 10 years old or so, not to mention being sacrificed). ..
There is never an example of God approving of those behaviors. God absolutely commands against adultery and child abuse.

that is why you can send kids to private school... to stay away
from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back