Bullies?

Do you realise that a pat on the back is only a few inches higher than a kick on the ass? Bullying isn't something a person should endure.

^Angel^ said:
I've been stuck into a situation where this bully will not let go and it's been going around so long, sometimes I asked myself what did I do to this person...it's like there is no end to it even when I have waved the peace flag over and over... :(

A bully can be so cunning and manipulative, sometimes the bully may not realise it as it can be a brain chemical imbalance or a learned behaviour while growing up from other peers but that does not justify the bullying. One must own up to one's behaviour. Angel explained the perfect feelings of the "inner child conditioning". Some of us may or may not have that and the "inner child conditioning" takes a lot of energy to battle with. Usually the "inner child conditioning", we take into our adult years because we feel the need to soothe our "inner child" during major conflicts ie. an aggressive situation.

Bullying is an aggressive situation. We feel trapped, hence, our "inner child conditioning" comes out. We feel the need to protect the "inner child" and we will wave the "peace flag" or the "white flag" or extend the "olive branch" however you call it during the bullying when we know we did nothing wrong. We were just backed up in the corner psychologically, we lash out, say comments we do not mean and in the end result, we say "Stop, time out or enough! Peace, you win!" The bully wins and he/she feels good, gloats about it and moves on to the next victim.

Do we feel good? No! We did not own up to our approach, we could have told our bully that his/her behaviour was unacceptable but we cannot blame our "inner child conditioning" as the bully is smart. The bully knows how to work their ways through our "inner child conditioning".

http://www.crystallotus.com/Synthesis/04.htm - Inner Child Conditioning

You can use "comebacks" for your bully(ies) from this link and I thank a good friend for this link.

http://www.bullyonline.org/action/words.htm - Comebacks

With a bully(ies), you always need to be well prepared with a good comeback and don't look back at the bully, period. Just say your comeback and walk away. Hold your head up high and you have your strong character. You do not want to be hooked by your bully's bait. It'd be instant "Hook, Line and Sinker!" for him/her.

*sending positive healing thoughts to all of you who are struggling with your bullies*

wow Cookie Monster, I need to learn more from your post with link of information. Really super!!!

For the record, there is a vast difference between "bullying" and simply not putting up with ignorant bullshit. Some of us "mothers" don't want to be raising little panty wastes. I know that I teach my children not to be bullies, but to speak out for what they believe in. They also know not to allow others to stomp all over them. If that is what you consider to be bullying, then I suggest you acquire some thicker skin.

Eve said:
For the record, there is a vast difference between "bullying" and simply not putting up with ignorant bullshit. Some of us "mothers" don't want to be raising little panty wastes. I know that I teach my children not to be bullies, but to speak out for what they believe in. They also know not to allow others to stomp all over them. If that is what you consider to be bullying, then I suggest you acquire some thicker skin.

I agree with you. There is a difference between being a bully, and being assertive and standing up for oneself. Growing up, I really wish I had been tought how to be more assertive. If I had, I'm sure I would not have gone through the bs that I did.

Eve said:
I suggest you acquire some thicker skin.

Eve echoes my sentiments here because having a thick skin helps in situations as well. It is best to "agree to disagree" and sometimes "turning the other cheek" does help in heated debates. Having a thick skin to deflect stingers works wonders. Thanks, Eve, for that wonderful post!

Being assertive is definitely the key. Unfortunately most of us have been programmed to turn the cheek in some ways, and stuff all this crap instead of being more honest/direct with others. This is a great opportunity to learn to be more assertive, and I hope more people can choose to do that now if they haven't already. :D

Cookie Monster said:
Do you realise that a pat on the back is only a few inches higher than a kick on the ass? Bullying isn't something a person should endure.

A bully can be so cunning and manipulative, sometimes the bully may not realise it as it can be a brain chemical imbalance or a learned behaviour while growing up from other peers but that does not justify the bullying. One must own up to one's behaviour. Angel explained the perfect feelings of the "inner child conditioning". Some of us may or may not have that and the "inner child conditioning" takes a lot of energy to battle with. Usually the "inner child conditioning", we take into our adult years because we feel the need to soothe our "inner child" during major conflicts ie. an aggressive situation.

Bullying is an aggressive situation. We feel trapped, hence, our "inner child conditioning" comes out. We feel the need to protect the "inner child" and we will wave the "peace flag" or the "white flag" or extend the "olive branch" however you call it during the bullying when we know we did nothing wrong. We were just backed up in the corner psychologically, we lash out, say comments we do not mean and in the end result, we say "Stop, time out or enough! Peace, you win!" The bully wins and he/she feels good, gloats about it and moves on to the next victim.

Do we feel good? No! We did not own up to our approach, we could have told our bully that his/her behaviour was unacceptable but we cannot blame our "inner child conditioning" as the bully is smart. The bully knows how to work their ways through our "inner child conditioning".

http://www.crystallotus.com/Synthesis/04.htm - Inner Child Conditioning

You can use "comebacks" for your bully(ies) from this link and I thank a good friend for this link.

http://www.bullyonline.org/action/words.htm - Comebacks

With a bully(ies), you always need to be well prepared with a good comeback and don't look back at the bully, period. Just say your comeback and walk away. Hold your head up high and you have your strong character. You do not want to be hooked by your bully's bait. It'd be instant "Hook, Line and Sinker!" for him/her.

*sending positive healing thoughts to all of you who are struggling with your bullies*

Wanted to say great post! I so get what you're saying.

Additionally, I wanted to point out that there is a difference between being assertive and aggressive.

Being aggressive means standing up for yourself in ways that violate the rights of others.

Aggressive behavior is typically punishing, hostile, blaming, and demanding. It can involve threats, name-calling, and even actual physical contact. It can also involve sarcasm, catty comments, gossip and "slips of the tongue."

Source: http://www.utexas.edu/student/cmhc/booklets/assert/assertive.html

Makes sense?

Liza said:
Being assertive is definitely the key. :D

You know it girly!! Relating to being assertive and turning the other cheek, I was on a recent trip with our close friend. Our close friend informed me that as I crossed the road, he turned to sign to me only to see a driver of a van comment about me and my weight in a not-so-positive way. I just turned the other cheek and I made sure I left a very good impression with him.... (this is what I did and our close friend guffawed so hard!)

I made sure the driver watched me do that!!

Cookie Monster said:
You know it girly!! Relating to being assertive and turning the other cheek, I was on a recent trip with our close friend. Our close friend informed me that as I crossed the road, he turned to sign to me only to see a driver of a van comment about me and my weight in a not-so-positive way. I just turned the other cheek and I made sure I left a very good impression with him.... (this is what I did and our close friend guffawed so hard!)

I made sure the driver watched me do that!!

LOL OMG. He deserved that. ;)

Kindness can sure conquer an "enemy" eh? I do admit that at times I really want to throttle when I can just make a better example.. not so easy... :bump:

It just seems to me that there are some people around here who seem to be confused on what a bully actually is. There are some individuals who think that anyone who disagrees with them is a "bully", sorta like someone I know in another forum calls anyone who disagrees with her an "audist". People shouldnt throw around labels without knowing which words are actually accurate. But then again, I guess ignorance is bliss.

Eve said:
It just seems to me that there are some people around here who seem to be confused on what a bully actually is. There are some individuals who think that anyone who disagrees with them is a "bully",

I don't see anyone here that had said that if a person who happened to disagrees with them is actually a bully.... :dunno:

It just seems to me that there are some people around here who seem to be confused on what a bully actually is. There are some individuals who think that anyone who disagrees with them is a "bully"

^Angel^ said:
I don't see anyone here that had said that if a person who happened to disagrees with them is actually a bully.... :dunno:

Angel, I think what Eve meant is that some people have the tendency to overreact and/or jump to conclusions about the wrong words. Some members can be overtly dramatic when it comes to debating which makes it even harder to "agree to disagree". Member "A" will simply comment something and Member "B" will imply that Member "A" is attacking Member "B" when it is quite not the case. This is where Eve is explaining about individuals who think people that do not agree with them fits their qualifications of a bully.

who cares, unless they got something to say down on their posting abt their experiences being bully or by bully/bullies.. i dont care if it have more than one meaning!! blah blah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) TOF

Cookie Monster said:
Angel, I think what Eve meant is that some people have the tendency to overreact and/or jump to conclusions about the wrong words. Some members can be overtly dramatic when it comes to debating which makes it even harder to "agree to disagree". Member "A" will simply comment something and Member "B" will imply that Member "A" is attacking Member "B" when it is quite not the case. This is where Eve is explaining about individuals who think people that do not agree with them fits their qualifications of a bully.

Ahh ...

When it comes to debating, it does make it even harder to agree to disagree in cases where member B IS responding in a way that is obviously considered as an act of bullying.....I understand clearly that some individuals who thinks another person who doesn't agree THINKS that person is bullying them, there are a few times that each of us may misunderstand behind the point of what another person is trying to express and it isn't in any way a form of being bullyish, but there are other forms of bullying that's being expressed through ways of mocking, name-calling, insulting and more that shows a certain member's dislike toward another member and that's a reason of why I crafted this thread.....

Usually in cases like these when a member keeps going on and on, over and over to any one member or more by having their own views and opinions expressed in a way that causes a few members who may be more sensitive than others feel put down which easily qualify it as acts of bullying.....some members may resort in an ongoing manner that obviously shows bullying a certain member or more by constantly expressing their views as the ' only ' way or ' right ' opinion without agreeing to disagreeing.......

When I first registered in this forum, I don't remember seeing anywhere where it said to grow a thick skin in the rules outlined for Alldeaf, no one is expected to have certain members change in order to belong in a forum, there are many levels of how members are when it comes to being sensitive, I don't believe anyone has the rights to tell others to grow a thick skin in order to join a forum.....that's why the forum has rules and certain forms of bullying is really unneccessary and doesn't belong in here.....

A question, how are we suppose to agree to disagree when a member happens to dislike another member and keeps expressing forms of bullying?

bullies are assholes and they have no self esteem.

rjr, you are right. They use bullying to mask their self-esteem issues. It's so sad they need to pick on "easy targets" to boost their self esteem.

there are other forms of bullying that's being expressed through ways of mocking, name-calling, insulting and more that shows a certain member's dislike toward another member

There are much more ways to bully a person and you are right, Angel. A bully can be cunniving, manipulative and even follow you across the messageboards to track your movements, your posts and even what you are doing. This is a troll and is considered much more dangerous. It can be incredibly unnerving.

When I first registered in this forum, I don't remember seeing anywhere where it said to grow a thick skin in the rules outlined for Alldeaf, no one is expected to have certain members change in order to belong in a forum, there are many levels of how members are when it comes to being sensitive, I don't believe anyone has the rights to tell others to grow a thick skin in order to join a forum.....that's why the forum has rules and certain forms of bullying is really unneccessary and doesn't belong in here.....

Everyone is unique in their own ways. Everyone responds in their own ways, I am not one to tell anyone to develop a thick skin because I do not know how a person feels when they read a post. I just suggest a person to ignore the post that they feel is "directed" towards them. It does help to ignore the post, walk away from the computer, come back to the post and re-read it again. Ask a trustworthy friend to read the post to make sure that your feelings are not thinking for you when you can use your common sense to think for you. Granted, I've allowed my feelings to think for me in the heat of the moment, I have learned to walk away and come back to the post. Use my common sense with the help of a friend. It does work.

A question, how are we suppose to agree to disagree when a member happens to dislike another member and keeps expressing forms of bullying?

Everyone is entitled to their POVs whether we like it or not. We need to learn how to agree to disagree whether we like it or not. If particular members do not like each other at all, they need to learn how to deal with their own personal issues in order to learn how to debate properly. Bullying does not solve anything, it only makes things even worse. Bullying does increase the magnitude of the problem much more if it is not nipped right in the bud.

It is my opinion that a very good forum administrator would enable his/her members by chastistizing forum bullies because we've got far too much bullies controlling forums and causing discord whereas other members do not need it. We've got far too much bullies being given too much leeway, now, I believe bullies can redeem themselves, only if they prove themselves to realise they are at fault for their problems and own up to their behaviour.

I hope this all resonates with you. :)

Thank you CookieMonster :mrgreen: , I am glad that you can see and clearly understand my POV, and I'm also learning to ignore certain posts by walking away from it or go to another thread as I've been doing lately.....doing so and if everyone could also, we would see less control and bullying across the board...I know this isn't easy to do for some but not entirely impossible...

^Angel^ said:
Thank you CookieMonster :mrgreen: , I am glad that you can see and clearly understand my POV, and I'm also learning to ignore certain posts by walking away from it or go to another thread as I've been doing lately.....doing so and if everyone could also, we would see less control and bullying across the board...I know this isn't easy to do for some but not entirely impossible...

:hug: With patience and persistence, we all can do it. We can ignore the petty bickering, blantant ignorance, veiled insults and the bullying. It just takes time and group effort in order to do this. It is so important not to be "Hook, Line and Sinker!" for the bully. Just turn the cheek and walk away and wouldn't you know it, the bully realises he/she has wasted his/her time and effort while you feel incredibly redempted with your accomplishments.

Cookie Monster,

You have made really good points! I am very impressed! I also enjoyed reading your posts too, here and in other threads as well, Keep up the good posting dude! ;)

Back