built my new pc 3 week ago lol

I had removed GeForce 8800 GT due too much heat and it started little burn so I was like WTF and opened the case to take it out with extra clothes and cool it away. It does make my PSU so very hot. :(

I'm going sticking with single video card.

I had removed GeForce 8800 GT due too much heat and it started little burn so I was like WTF and opened the case to take it out with extra clothes and cool it away. It does make my PSU so very hot. :(

I'm going sticking with single video card.

wow. that sux..gonna replace it to get new one?

Badaboom!

You need update new verison of wprime to 2.04 and CPU-Z to 1.55 at websites.

looky at mine result below.

dpd1tg.jpg

I know about i3 530 great overclock with high clock speed but your cpu is still slower than mine.

dg.

You need update new verison of wprime to 2.04 and CPU-Z to 1.55 at websites.

looky at mine result below.

dpd1tg.jpg

I know about i3 530 great overclock with high clock speed but your cpu is still slower than mine.

dg.

That's because the i3 is still a dual core. HT is not a replacement for true cores.

Even if I did get that 2.04 wprime, it still wouldn't matter much.

That's because the i3 is still a dual core. HT is not a replacement for true cores.

Even if I did get that 2.04 wprime, it still wouldn't matter much.

Core i3 is replacement for Core 2 Duo, is that right?

Core i3 is replacement for Core 2 Duo, is that right?

Correct. It's probably more accurate to say that the i3 is essentially a half i5-750 in the fact that it has roughly the same clock speed and clock efficiency, but it doesn't have the same memory controller as the i5 750. In fact, the i3 memory controller is worse than the i5 due to various reasons, which is why most of the time you see a i5 beating a i3 in single threaded benchmarks like superpi.

Also, another reason why I used wprime 1.55 is because hwbot only accepts that one.

Correct. It's probably more accurate to say that the i3 is essentially a half i5-750 in the fact that it has roughly the same clock speed and clock efficiency, but it doesn't have the same memory controller as the i5 750. In fact, the i3 memory controller is worse than the i5 due to various reasons, which is why most of the time you see a i5 beating a i3 in single threaded benchmarks like superpi.

Also, another reason why I used wprime 1.55 is because hwbot only accepts that one.

Did you try right-click "run as administrator" for wprime ?

dg

Did you try right-click "run as administrator" for wprime ?

dg

What does that have anything to do with anything? I'm honestly confused.

I just tried it now at my daily overclock (3.8ghz, stock volts) and saw no difference.

What does that have anything to do with anything? I'm honestly confused.

I just tried it now at my daily overclock (3.8ghz, stock volts) and saw no difference.

you just mentioned that wprime 2.04 won't work correct ?

dg

Bench wPrime Today - EXTREME Overclocking Forums

Check out the 4 thread 32M section. You'll see that my i3 entry is nearly at the bottom -- despite having a huge clock speed advantage, it loses out to every single quadcore because it's still a dualcore.

Again, because it is a dualcore, you'd need some massive clock speed in order to even come close to quadcores at 4Ghz (like your results). Check entry #6, Linuxfan -- he had to overclock his i3 to 5.8ghz to even hit sub-9 timing. :lol:

Ah well. Such is the life of us fellas who have dualies that pretend to be quadcores, but really are not quadcores. :laugh2:

i found a interesting fact about 8x8 for pcie to get crossfire for 5770 havent gotten bottleneck..which mean it can take full advantage of crossfire for 5770

Ancient? No, it's a new series. You know how Intel typically offers locked processors and unlocked processors at some exorbitant prices -- you know them as Extreme Edition processors. i7-980x is a EE processor, meaning it's multi-unlocked, but it also goes for $1000. It's excellent for overclocking, not so excellent for wallet.

The K series was Intel's attempt at creating a reasonably affordable unlocked processors, like how AMD does it for their BE processors. i5-665K and i7-875K are completely unlocked, and retail between $200 and $400.
Deluded, Wow I am truly behind Intel's new production and stuffs, & I didn't resource nor read articles update news about Intel's new processesors.

Yeah, that. It's not a overclocking thing. It's down-binning -- neuter a fully functioning i3-530 to a single core with no HT (example), and then offer cards like that for $50 for those who want to unlock their processor to a fully functional i3-530.
Ahh Yea, I got it. thanks for clarification.

Back