Boy Refuses To Stop Playing Video Game; Mother Calls Police

I second it. If my boy wouldn't listen to me while my husband is not home and I will take the video games away until his daddy come home.. He can give him the consequence.

why don't YOU give him the punishment?

Why can't the police just put him in jail?!?! Let that bastard learn a lesson!

1. because there's nothing criminal
2. putting him in jail with adults? it's illegal
3. how about a good spank? :aw:

I was spanked and look how I turned out, just fine. I firmly believe spanking should be reserved as a last resort.

If spanking doesn't work on children so other punishment methods should considered, if unsure or concern about destroy the relation with child so family counseling is needed to sort out about what happen with child, in case, if child has mental illness or long term behavioral problem so see therapist maybe needed.

Take games away has been enough to teach a lesson without need spanking but for disrespect or fighting with parent so spanking will be considered due influenced from my family, spanking has been common methods by southern families to punish the child.

I'm not interesting in child abuse but don't want any bruise on butt for spanking too much, that could bad and probably charge with child abuse if found out, I believe so.

I was spanked and look how I turned out, just fine. I firmly believe spanking should be reserved as a last resort.

Second here, for my sister so it is on opposite side because my father has spanked her so numerous time for nasty behavior due teenage so hard to get deal with it so my father decided not spank anymore but rather to take many of her worth belongs away and grounded more frequently so she has been threat about send to juvenile or bootcamp if it doesn't work out, after her 18th so she seems improving so much and has ADD, it is hard to get deal with ADD too.

Second here, for my sister so it is on opposite side because my father has spanked her so numerous time for nasty behavior due teenage so hard to get deal with it so my father decided not spank anymore but rather to take many of her worth belongs away and grounded more frequently so she has been threat about send to juvenile or bootcamp if it doesn't work out, after her 18th so she seems improving so much and has ADD, it is hard to get deal with ADD too.

I have ADD myself as well.

Looking back at how I was, I have to thank my parents for being very patient with me because I can see how hard I can be. I was very feisty as well as I would say what was on my mind.

My parents always had to keep an eye on me more than my two sisters because they knew I would talk back to older people. My parents just knew I refuse to accept older people telling me what to do and I would tell them off, yes, even when I was like 7 years old and they were like 60 years old.

I was never afraid to sign "F_ off!" Some older people would criticise my parents and say they were very bad parents. I grew up and those same people would say to my parents, "Oh your daughter Patty has improved and behaves much better now!!"

I would go to them and say "No, I have ADD. This causes me to respond like this and please do not judge my parents because they have no control over how I reply."

Guess what happens, they still think they have a right to judge me because I have ADD yet they pity me because I am DeafBlind.

Interesting, eh? Some people need to educate themselves about children growing up as adults with ADD. It is very frustrating. Those with ADD have different approaches, take me for an example. I type type type a lot, when I am not on line, I sign sign sign a lot.

How do I control myself? This is why I do a lot of crafts, I keep my hands busy because if I don't keep my hands busy, I would eat eat eat. That's how I control myself and my ADD.

I have ADD myself as well.

Looking back at how I was, I have to thank my parents for being very patient with me because I can see how hard I can be. I was very feisty as well as I would say what was on my mind.

My parents always had to keep an eye on me more than my two sisters because they knew I would talk back to older people. My parents just knew I refuse to accept older people telling me what to do and I would tell them off, yes, even when I was like 7 years old and they were like 60 years old.

I was never afraid to sign "F_ off!" Some older people would criticise my parents and say they were very bad parents. I grew up and those same people would say to my parents, "Oh your daughter Patty has improved and behaves much better now!!"

I would go to them and say "No, I have ADD. This causes me to respond like this and please do not judge my parents because they have no control over how I reply."

Guess what happens, they still think they have a right to judge me because I have ADD yet they pity me because I am DeafBlind.

Interesting, eh? Some people need to educate themselves about children growing up as adults with ADD. It is very frustrating. Those with ADD have different approaches, take me for an example. I type type type a lot, when I am not on line, I sign sign sign a lot.

How do I control myself? This is why I do a lot of crafts, I keep my hands busy because if I don't keep my hands busy, I would eat eat eat. That's how I control myself and my ADD.

Oh interesting about your comment, yup, it does frustrated me to handle the people with ADD but turned to more understand than my during teenager, my sister is used took ADD meds, can't remember about what's name of meds and it does work so well and she got good grade during middle school, after she got in high school, everything is change and more stress so she decided to stop the ADD meds, however my parent has forced her to continue with meds so it don't work, after that, her grade is bad and GPA is low so have take same grade again, that put her in behind from expected graduation year and continue with situation so she want drop out from high school because couldn't handle with stress, that put my parent into difficult with her and not realized until last fall 2009 so my parent decided to let her to drop out the high school and take GED, she has alot of chores in house to make her so keep work hard.

I'm worrying about my sister goes to college after complete the GED due she hasn't take ADD meds yet, that maybe repeat of situation at high school or couldn't focus at college since college is much difference from high school due high academic expection, If I know that she does take ADD meds everyday so I believe that she would be well with college and have better life in near future.

not really.

Massachusetts Law regarding child abuse - link

There was a Russian deaf family moved to New York City, and they did not know about US policy that much. When they started to spank his 5 years old for being bad boy, and someone from outsider saw what happened, someone reported to police about it, and police took act seriously and pull son away from parents, and then trial begin. The judge gave Russians parents a warning, if it happened again, son will be put in foster family. Crazy!

Actually you can Lighthouse, for right reasons, not wrong reasons. I have met a guy who gotten spankings when he was 17 years old and same for me when i was 16 years old. As long it is right reasons and not so minor things or constantly beating. That would consider child abuse. I know what child abuse is. i been through it before and it isnt pretty. As long the child is under their parents' house. Parents have right to spank their child for right reasons. i would be doing same thing for my kids if i have them.

personally, I would not spank anyone who is going through puberty and pretty much a young lady or man. Their privates become private from their parents. The same reason we don't walk in the bathroom to check on them anymore.

There was a Russian deaf family moved to New York City, and they did not know about US policy that much. When they started to spank his 5 years old for being bad boy, and someone from outsider saw what happened, someone reported to police about it, and police took act seriously and pull son away from parents, and then trial begin. The judge gave Russians parents a warning, if it happened again, son will be put in foster family. Crazy!

If they do in southeast states so don't care unless child get visually braise on butt, usually spank too much, around 40 times.

how about.... just pull the plug like what jake suggested? it's simpler that way. :aw:
Too boring. A circuit breaker is more ultimate. Mom might not have easy access to the plug anyway. Go big or go home ya know? :lol:

Back