Blackberry Storm!

ohh storm seems better... sigh i cant decide for me to pick! iphone or storm..
i havent see storm yet..

No, they don't have the device in stores at the time - they are waiting.

That website is to notify people when the device becomes available so they could grab them before they ever runs out on the first day or so.

I will dot hat but in 2 years time, nathan!

David, yes, I know.. am aware of it. ;)

WOW!!! After much research on Internet and found a website to be helpful in your decision whether you want iPhone, T-Mo G1, or BB Storm.

There are 14 categories to compare against each other:

1) Get the Picture
iPhone - 2 megapixel camera with no video capture
G1 - 3 megapixel camera (no zoom) and no video capture
Storm - 3 megapixel (zoom and autofocus) and video capture
Winner - Storm

2) Memory
iPhone - starts with 8 GB memory or 16 GB
G1 - offers 1 GB up to 8 GB
Storm - comes with 1 GB to start and up to 16 GB of additional storage.
Winner - iPhone

3) Keyboard
iPhone - touch screen QWERTY keypads.
G1 - no touch screen QWERTY keypads but a physical keyboard (much like SK)
Storm - touch screen QWERTY keypads with SureType mode.
Winner - G1

4) Money
iPhone - 8GB ($200) or 16GB ($300) with two year contract. (monthly $$ varies)
G1 - $179 with two year contract. ($35 monthly with email and limited SMS)
Storm - $(not yet announced) with 2 year contract. (roughly $40 data plan.)
Winner - G1

5) Network
iPhone - 3G network (still hiccups in the way)
G1 - 3G not yet ready, should be ready for Oct 22 launch.
Storm - not yet prove on 3G but supports CDMA/EV-DO.
Winner - iPhone

6) Email and Messaging
iPhone - good email system but no push email (must have 3rd party in order to work). Good IM system.
G1 - must have Google email account to push emails to G1 and works well with other emails. Good IM system as well.
Storm - Push email from any accounts and an all around IM messaging.
Winner - Storm

7) Additional Connectivity
iPhone - have WiFi
G1 - have WiFi including GPS
Storm - No WiFi
Winner - G1

8) Display
iPhone - 3.5 inch display with 480x320 resolution at 163 ppi.
G1 - 3.2 inch HVGA with 480x320 resolution.
Storm - 3.25 inch display with 480x360 resolution at 184 ppi.
Winner - iPhone (crisp and clear viewing and easy navigation)

9) Multimedia
iPhone - multimedia titan, very similiar to iPod.
G1 - integrates with Amazon MP3 store, not much to offer.
Storm - Pretty much very advanced all around.
Winner - iPhone (no question)

10) Applications
iPhone - makes money from customers paying for games and applications, offers very little for free
G1 - open source, may offer free games and applications often
Storm - new to third-party application, not sure how it will play into it.
Winner - G1

11) Browsing
iPhone - Safari (Apple's version) browser, very easy accessibility and controls
G1 - full HTML open source browser
Storm - HTML browser, offers functionability
Winner - G1 with iPhone close right behind

12) Battery Life
iPhone - 5 hours of talk time and on average 12.5 days standby time
G1 - 5 hours of talk time and 5 days standby time.
Storm - 5.5 hours of talk time and 15 days standby
Winner - iPhone

13) Size
iPhone - 4.5 inches by 2.4 inches by .48 inches and weighs 4.7 ounces
G1 - 4.6 inches by 2.16 inches by .62 inches and weighs 5.6 ounces
Storm - 4.43 inches by 2.45 inches by .55 inches and weighs 5.5 ounces
Winner - iPhone

14) Document Viewing and Editing
iPhone - can view document but no editing. 3rd party applications can enable editing
G1 - can view document but no support for editing
Storm - can view documents and can edit (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) directly on handset
Winner - Storm

Overall Winner - iPhone with 6 points, G1 came in second with 5 points, Storm in last with 3 points.

It's from a reviewer's point of view, not consumers. I personally would have preferred BlackBerry Storm above all because of the email functionability. :D the website I use is from Clash Of The Touch-Screen Titans: BlackBerry Storm vs. T-Mobile G1 vs. Apple iPhone

The Storm would be better for deafies cuz of one important thing..IP-RELAY! The IP-relay is the most important thing I considered for the next cell phone but the icing on the cake is the ability to view docs on the Storm.

So, this Im sooo gone Storm over iPhone and G1.

Thats it! i made my decision!

NO to G1.

MAYBE to: Storm or Bold

UNSURE: Iphone [after, i played with my friend's iphone, kinda like it]

I have not made my decision on which one I would like best - I am waiting until I can check them out at the corporate stores. I am having really hard time imagining myself going with Verizon Wireless (not Vodafone itself). I have not really heard of positive things about Verizon Wireless. The messaging plan on Blackberry would be $54.99 per month plus 0.25 per cent on phone calls.

If I do go with Verizon Wireless, I think I'll go for a year contract with the company.

Today I went to the IT Conference and saw the Telus displayed Blackberry Storm. I asked one fo the representatives if I could try on it. He let me try on it and I initially liked it. You can type out emails in either upside or horizontal spot. There is two drawbacks about the Storm and they are: 1) You have to type QWERTY hard for sending emails or messages and unclear functions. I wanted to examine it more detailed and thoroughly but I had to go to join my boss and fellow workers for lunch.

i changed my mind after i tried.

MAYBE to G1, Storm, Bold

NO to Blackberry Flip Pearl

UNSURE to Iphone

Best smartphone for deaf people: Blackberry Bold.

Here is why the Blackberry Bold should be your first choice as a deaf/hearing impaired person:

It is a 3G phone with FULL web browser support and a QWERTY keyboard.

Why is this important?

AT&T 3G network allows for SIMULTANEOUS data and phone connections. This enables truly MOBILE WEBCAPTEL to work on a SINGLE PHONE. This is a revolutionary concept, folks.

The only other phone that can do this is the iPhone. NO OTHER PHONE can do this. Verizon/Sprint have EVDO instead of 3G and EVDO DOES NOT SUPPORT SIMULTANEOUS PHONE AND DATA CONNECTIONS. Not even the T-mobile 3G network supports simultaneous connections. Currently, ONLY ATT 3G network supports simultaneous connections.

And there is one more requirement for mobile captel: Full-Featured browsers with AJAX support. Only the iPhone and Blackberry Bold has these browsers.

So it boils down to just iPhone and Bold. There are two major disadvantages to the iPHone:

1) No QWERTY keyboard. We all know how important keyboards are for us!

2) NO TETHERING. You can't use the iPhone as a 3G modem for your laptop to surf internet at fast speeds. You can't use iPhone as a modem for any reason. The Blackberry Bold CAN be used as a bluetooth modem for tethering!

Best of all, AT&T has a $35 data only plan for unlimited internet surfing at 3G speeds. Nobody can beat that!

I hope Telus and Bell Canada will market it in Canada cuz the Rogers Wireless has ripped off consumers on Apple 3G IPhone.

At least, Roger had add new nearly 120,000 subscribe after iPhone pop up. They love iPhone as well.

Then Verizon is the REAL winner 'cause they have the lifetime exclusive on the Storm. If VZW releases the Storm as scheduled in November, AT&T is royally fucked on the BB side of the business. AT&T is really dropping the ball on the Bold. If AT&T keeps delaying the Bold, expect a lot of their BB customers running over to VZW and the Storm.

and that is only for the USA. The Storm in Canada will be sold by both Telus and Bell Canada. In Europe, Vodafone (Verizon's owner) has a monopoly on the Storm.

Verzion will never winner because they don't provide the deaf package as Sprint does. Of course, no BB Bold but they could get one later.

Yup but Safari is owned and created by Apple, I don't think that Apple will going roll out the Safari mobile to other mobile devices but exclusive to iPhone and iPod, I had used Safari on iPhone and it's great but... no hard keyboard.

Safari on iPhone is the only best browser in mobile market that ever make higher grade on ACID3. yeaaaa

Verzion will never winner because they don't provide the deaf package as Sprint does. Of course, no BB Bold but they could get one later.

Think Verizon doesnt offer the TAP to deafies...look at this:

Text Only Messaging Plans from Verizon Wireless

Currently mine is on the $35 TAP cell plan (with the LG EnV), but when I get my Storm, its gonna be $55 a month but worth it.

Back